Steve Cotterill is the new...

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Horteng
https://www.fgr.co.uk/news/steve-cotter ... gr-manager

No mention of CTFC when reciting Steve's history LOL
Malabus
asl wrote:His profile on that announcement seems to skip over his longest and most successful managerial reign...
Exactly.
Ben3
It’s a no brainer for cotts. Well paid job, presumably, working for a bloke who has no clue and doesn’t really care what happens on the pitch. Go down and dale wont care; stay up and the fans will love him.

The circus on the hill is the gift that keeps giving

And like others, I always had a soft spot for them until Vince ruined them completely. I don’t think politicians should be allowed to run football clubs. Whilst I agree with the green agenda what if someone else ran a club to promote their political agenda I didn’t agree with? Sport is always political but it shouldn’t be this brazen
Fuller
Horteng wrote: 25 Jan 2024, 10:51 https://www.fgr.co.uk/news/steve-cotter ... gr-manager

No mention of CTFC when reciting Steve's history LOL
And why does it say West Country born and bred when it should say Cheltenham born and bred….
horlickfanclub
Deliberate snub . I remember the great relationship we had with Forest Green and wished them well. This is childish FGR. C'mon Accrington Stanley.
SHANDY VOR
Shade wrote: 24 Jan 2024, 15:44 Agent Steve has gone to make sure they go down.

In all seriousness, they'll be safe by mid April now. Extremely disappointing he's joined the circus and I'm with Ralph, it damages his so-called legacy that he seemed so keen to protect. What he meant was, he only wanted a well-paying job with a big budget. He'll go there to try and save them as they're paying him a fortune, no doubt, but he wouldn't step in here to try and save us for the love of the club.
If he joined you and was unsuccessful he would have tarnished his legacy.
Chris FGR
horlickfanclub wrote: 25 Jan 2024, 13:20 Deliberate snub . I remember the great relationship we had with Forest Green and wished them well. This is childish FGR. C'mon Accrington Stanley.
It is poor, agreed.

I'm pretty sure with SC at the helm you won't see too much petty behaviour from our media people towards yourselves or us trying to hijack any of your transfer targets though, as I doubt Steve would tolerate it. He is clearly still a big supporter of yourselves at the end of the day.
Ralph
horlickfanclub wrote: 25 Jan 2024, 13:20 Deliberate snub . I remember the great relationship we had with Forest Green and wished them well. This is childish FGR. C'mon Accrington Stanley.
Yep,
Just wants me to see them relegated even more.

Childish is right. His most successful spell as a manager and no mention at all
paperboy
eeneff
Couple of comments...

Was that filmed in the Ecotricity bunker?

But, might just be me, but not convinced there's much enthusiasm from SC.

Sure it will end in tears.
Chris FGR
eeneff wrote: 25 Jan 2024, 17:58 Couple of comments...

Was that filmed in the Ecotricity bunker?

But, might just be me, but not convinced there's much enthusiasm from SC.

Sure it will end in tears.
Filmed at Stanley Park, the training ground we rent in Chippenham.

Not sure it'll end in tears, we've looked certain to go down before he's come in so if he keeps us up, he's done brilliantly and if not he'll not get any blame for it, will shake hands and probably walk into a different EFL job (can't see him managing in the National League). No lose situation for him really.
steveinblack
Malabus wrote: 25 Jan 2024, 11:04
asl wrote:His profile on that announcement seems to skip over his longest and most successful managerial reign...
Exactly.
They're can't mention the C word
ctfc-fan
That Simon Hacker did the same on his article on Punchline email yesterday too. Not a mention of us.

Got to say it’s pretty pathetic and sad for a ‘professional’ club. Shame the negative publicity never sticks but all the bull positives do.
Shade
ctfc-fan wrote: 26 Jan 2024, 11:17 That Simon Hacker did the same on his article on Punchline email yesterday too. Not a mention of us.

Got to say it’s pretty pathetic and sad for a ‘professional’ club. Shame the negative publicity never sticks but all the bull positives do.
Hack by name
Robin
Chris FGR wrote: 24 Jan 2024, 13:08 What I find strange is a few Cheltenham fans saying this will tarnish his legacy. When he was your manager several of your fans used to come and support us occasionally. It's hardly crossing the Old Firm divide, is it.
For the younger fans you have become our biggest rival, older fans will look more towards Glos and Hereford but realise we will never play them again. If you drop out of the league and Vince sells up I suspect the rivalry will be forgotten as quickly as it arose and some of our fans will be back watching you when we are not playing.
ctfc-fan
Robin wrote:
Chris FGR wrote: 24 Jan 2024, 13:08 What I find strange is a few Cheltenham fans saying this will tarnish his legacy. When he was your manager several of your fans used to come and support us occasionally. It's hardly crossing the Old Firm divide, is it.
For the younger fans you have become our biggest rival, older fans will look more towards Glos and Hereford but realise we will never play them again. If you drop out of the league and Vince sells up I suspect the rivalry will be forgotten as quickly as it arose and some of our fans will be back watching you when we are not playing.
Stale has been spouting off again today that SC will be here for this season and forwards to get them to the championship Image
Garby74
Very well put Ben 3
ctfc-fan
SC starting as he means to go on, taking them vegans down where they belong in non league.