January Window

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Shade
Rumours, rumours, everywhere, but will one of them land?

Presumably if Doidge is in at FGR they'll let Taylor go now.
1985CTFC
ctfc-fan wrote: 31 Jan 2024, 20:34 I’m hearing a rumour of Jaden Williams, a striker from Tottenham u21s…
Very quick by all accounts. Strike partner to Jamie Donley at Spurs U21. Donley is the new Harry Kane so they say. Donley does look good mind. So if true we are getting JW at least from a top prem accademy. If half as good as Kion E will be good signing, hopefully. Nice to hear a name at least.

If he comes he is the 'winger' I would think, be it he is a right footer.
Jim
Quick recap then:

IN
Pett (extended)
Harrop
Kinsella
Smith
Taylor
Nuttall
Shepherd
Thomas
Sloggett (tbc)

OUT:
All the loans!
Goodwin
Thompson
Smith

Heard some suggestions we're weaker now than at the start of the window... not sure about that.

I'll give the window a maybe generous 6/10... but the it'll be impossible to judge until the end of April.
art vandalay
Midfield definitely looking stronger and we will need legs there. But up front is the real concern which is such a shame as we seemed to be firing all cylinders just a few weeks ago.
Ihearye
art vandalay wrote: 02 Feb 2024, 13:45 Midfield definitely looking stronger and we will need legs there. But up front is the real concern which is such a shame as we seemed to be firing all cylinders just a few weeks ago.
Think we need to hold fire on what's improvements or weaker until we actually see them on the pitch for a few games. So many unkmowns
Artemis
Ihearye wrote: 02 Feb 2024, 14:19
art vandalay wrote: 02 Feb 2024, 13:45 Midfield definitely looking stronger and we will need legs there. But up front is the real concern which is such a shame as we seemed to be firing all cylinders just a few weeks ago.
Think we need to hold fire on what's improvements or weaker until we actually see them on the pitch for a few games. So many unkmowns
Seconded