Referee for Burton

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Jerry St Clair
Lewis Smith will referee his first ever Cheltenham game next Tuesday. I'm sure he can't wait.

This guy is a fresh-faced newbie who seems to have been fast streamed into some pretty big EFL games. He began refereeing the National League in the Covid season before being elevated to the EFL list in 2022.

Last time out he took charge of Leeds v Plymouth at Elland Road. Hopefully this rapid progression indicates a degree of competence as yet unevidenced by his peers so far this season.
Shade
Well, I keep an eye on Leeds, and I can tell you that neither Leeds nor Plymouth fans thought he was anything to write home about. And I'm obviously being kind with that.
Jerry St Clair
Well, consider my flabber gasted.
Malabus
God help this club...I can envisage a disaster on the horizon.
Jerry St Clair
Lewis Smith took charge of Stoke 0 - 5 Leicester at the weekend. He's getting some pretty big games for a rookie.

The Stoke programme described him as an "up and coming referee". The fans of both sides seemed to think he was ok. We've got to get a good one at some point.......