Referee for Blackpool

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Jerry St Clair
Rookie (what, another one?) Matt Corlett takes his Whaddon Road bow in his first season on the EFL list.

He took charge of the 2-1 win at Vale Park earlier this season. Despite the victory, I don't believe he endeared himself to the travelling Robins?

Apart from that, no other history with Town.
Jerry St Clair
Well, this was a strange one.

Thought he was very good in the first half. Obviously forgot to book Freestone for his wild sliding tackle, but went back and booked him which was good refereeing. Overall, let the game flow and even gave Lloyd a free kick.

Then seemed to go completely tonto in the second half. Lots of really strange decisions. The Ferry booking and Kinsella being penalised for being assaulted in the penalty area. Just pleased none of them were decisive.
Shade
Yeah, very weird one. At times seemed to determined to ruin our night with some crazy decisions and cards, and then finally gave us a penalty (after denying us what looked like another stonewaller earlier). An actual penalty! For a trip on Lloyd! (according to BBC and comments I have seen on here, but I thought it was Kinsella).

Think it ended 4-3 to us on yellow cards after we were 4-1 up.
Uppy
Difficult to know quite what to say about the Kinsella one. He jumped first, got to the ball, got absolutely clattered, and then somehow was penalised.
Shade
Uppy wrote: 13 Feb 2024, 23:18 Difficult to know quite what to say about the Kinsella one. He jumped first, got to the ball, got absolutely clattered, and then somehow was penalised.
Ref gestured that Kinsella handballed it. Looked like he headed it and was then clattered to me.