No iFollow from next season

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

hookyrobin
This deal was agreed last year, but as the next season is starting to poke above the horizon, I thought it was worth flagging up to people again:

The new Sky deal means that there will be no more iFollow from after May this year. (Edit: despite what this post originally said, it appears iFollow will remain for international audiences: "Domestic streaming audio services will remain alongside existing audio-visual arrangements for international audiences via iFollow and club streaming services.")

https://www.skysports.com/football/news ... per-season

Hopefully the deal means an increase in broadcast money for CTFC, at least some games picked for proper broadcast each season (no holding my breath, particularly if that lot from North Wales are in the same league as us), and more consideration of the travel plans supporters make well in advance of fixtures (a commitment that is suggested in the article).
QED
This is kind of a leveller - the uneven money each club makes from their own domestic iFollow income replaced with everyone getting an even share of the larger deal. I’d be interested to know how many international subscribers we have!
Shade
hookyrobin wrote: 15 Feb 2024, 13:09 This deal was agreed last year, but as the next season is starting to poke above the horizon, I thought it was worth flagging up to people again:

The new Sky deal means that there will be no more iFollow from after May this year. (Edit: despite what this post originally said, it appears iFollow will remain for international audiences: "Domestic streaming audio services will remain alongside existing audio-visual arrangements for international audiences via iFollow and club streaming services.")

https://www.skysports.com/football/news ... per-season

Hopefully the deal means an increase in broadcast money for CTFC, at least some games picked for proper broadcast each season (no holding my breath, particularly if that lot from North Wales are in the same league as us), and more consideration of the travel plans supporters make well in advance of fixtures (a commitment that is suggested in the article).
I might be wrong but I think at the time the deal was announced I read that every team would have at least 2 live broadcast games per season. Of course, that will be true if they show every Wrexham game :lol:

As for the 3pm Saturday blackout, I assume, then, that those of us who are "regularly abroad" will still be able to use iFollow to watch as usual.
paperboy
I think it replaces ifollow and clubs own streaming platforms, but it is only domestic coverage so likely that there will be options for overseas viewers.

Not sure how up-to-date this is but it's pretty comprehensive.

Check out this post from EFL https://www.efl.com/news/2023/may/efl-a ... agreement/
Ralph
You had me worried for a moment till i read the post. I think Ifollow has been great for people that live abroad
paperboy
Seems that there will be 16ish matches per club broadcast each season with 4 cameras used in L1 and 2 in L2.
No idea if Sky will still want to take BBC radio commentaries.
Shade
"In total, over 1000 (1059)"

Just...why? :lol:
Shade
Obviously, the downside to this is, with 5 games from League One and Two being shown live every weekend, that some of our kick off times will be moved away from 3pm Saturday, to 12:30 or 5:30pm, or possibly Friday nights or Sunday's.
asl
Shade wrote: 15 Feb 2024, 16:48 "In total, over 1000 (1059)"

Just...why? :lol:
If I watch all three games on a Sunday, I start feeling guilty and allow the missus to watch Call The Midwife (though I draw the line at Dancing on Ice...)
Shade
:lol:

But, no, I mean why put over 1000 and then the actual figure in brackets right next to it? Pointless parenthesis.
paperboy
Shade wrote: 15 Feb 2024, 16:50 Obviously, the downside to this is, with 5 games from League One and Two being shown live every weekend, that some of our kick off times will be moved away from 3pm Saturday, to 12:30 or 5:30pm, or possibly Friday nights or Sunday's.
What's that old saying?

No such thing as a free lunch.