Referee for Wycombe

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Jerry St Clair
Scott Tallis makes a swift reappearance to Town officiating duties following the 2-2 Christmas Cracker at home to Reading.

Seem to remember him being generally ok in that game. No real clangers dropped? I recall him giving a free kick AGAINST Lloyd for being wrestled to the ground. But that's hardly unique this season.
asl
I'm sure the guy at the back of The Paddock still called him "a disgrace" and "the worst referee we've ever seen" and various other superlatives, no matter how good/bad/indifferent he actually was. He does that every match...
Garby74
Anyone have knowledge of parking around ground at Wycombe?
Might make the trip Tuesday
robinsrule
Yes, come on Robins fans, it’s less than 90 mins to Wycombe, let’s go in numbers and make some noise! There is parking by the stadium but it’s at the end of a one-way street and could take a while to get away. From memory there is plenty of street parking on the industrial estate on the way up if you are happy to walk a little.
Horteng
asl wrote: 21 Feb 2024, 22:29 I'm sure the guy at the back of The Paddock still called him "a disgrace" and "the worst referee we've ever seen" and various other superlatives, no matter how good/bad/indifferent he actually was. He does that every match...
Is this the biggish bloke?
asl
Nah...he's as nice as pie - except for frequently needing to go for a pee 10 mins after kick-off... The guy I'm talking about stands close to the middle of the Paddock and just rants about the ref all game.
Jerry St Clair
robinsrule wrote: 25 Feb 2024, 17:21 From memory there is plenty of street parking on the industrial estate on the way up if you are happy to walk a little.
This. ^

Do not park in the stadium car park. It will take you 30-40 mins to get out. The industrial estate off Hillbottom Road is a much better option.
RS1978
robinsrule wrote: 25 Feb 2024, 17:21 Yes, come on Robins fans, it’s less than 90 mins to Wycombe, let’s go in numbers and make some noise! There is parking by the stadium but it’s at the end of a one-way street and could take a while to get away. From memory there is plenty of street parking on the industrial estate on the way up if you are happy to walk a little.
Also thinking that I might go - as it's not incredibly far. You have to pick up physical tickets from the CTFC office from what I remember as I don't think that the EFL allows walk-up away fans🤔
Shade
RS1978 wrote: 26 Feb 2024, 15:29
robinsrule wrote: 25 Feb 2024, 17:21 Yes, come on Robins fans, it’s less than 90 mins to Wycombe, let’s go in numbers and make some noise! There is parking by the stadium but it’s at the end of a one-way street and could take a while to get away. From memory there is plenty of street parking on the industrial estate on the way up if you are happy to walk a little.
Also thinking that I might go - as it's not incredibly far. You have to pick up physical tickets from the CTFC office from what I remember as I don't think that the EFL allows walk-up away fans🤔
It's nothing to do with the EFL. Different clubs have different systems. Some clubs allow you to buy a ticket on the gate, some don't. However, it says on ctfc.com that any tickets not collected from CTFC before the game will be left at Wycombe's ticket office for collection on the day, so I assume you have to buy in advance but can collect the ticket there.