Seasons

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Fuller
Jim
Couldn't agree more with that last statement:

"The budget has got to be used in good areas, and not always on the playing squad, but improving the infrastructure that helps us to continue to improve as a football club."

Let's hope the board are listening. Also, the BBC making the popular mistake that we lost all of our first 11 games!
horlickfanclub
Jim wrote: 22 Feb 2024, 16:46 Couldn't agree more with that last statement:

"The budget has got to be used in good areas, and not always on the playing squad, but improving the infrastructure that helps us to continue to improve as a football club."

Let's hope the board are listening. Also, the BBC making the popular mistake that we lost all of our first 11 games!
The board are fully aware and it was stated at the last AGM and in other interviews. Solar panels installed, stairs to stand repaired and training ground purchased and improving Seasons is on the list. Biblical rain has not helped.
everyman
Fuller wrote: 22 Feb 2024, 16:17 DC not happy-
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/68371898
A man for all seasons,hopefully ?
longmover

His comments about the training ground needing a lick of paint have always stuck (with me), as was mentioned before since Duff left this club had lowered its standards, all over.
Jim
longmover wrote: 27 Feb 2024, 10:01

His comments about the training ground needing a lick of paint have always stuck (with me), as was mentioned before since Duff left this club had lowered its standards, all over.
That was his first interview too I think. We know DC doesn't pull punches, but to say that straight away you imagine he was saying much stronger behind the scenes. Surely now we own the training ground there is more incentive to make improvements.

You often hear players saying the training facilities of a club helped sway their decision when signing - I can't help but think ours would have the opposite effect.
Jerry St Clair
When I go past on the train, I'm always struck by the bowling green appearance of the Seasons pitches. They look beautiful to my, obviously, untrained eye, but clearly not up to modern football standards.