Wigan Athletic v Cheltenham Town

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

art vandalay
I‘m pretty sure those accounts are for the 22/3 season, so no Goodwin or May sale, but they will include the Keena purchase. I expect there were also costs associated with the Seasons acquisition but the cost of Seasons itself wouldn‘t appear in the profit & loss account. It‘s difficult to think of anything else out of the ordinary that season, gates may have been a bit lower than expected due to the miserable football we played, FA Cup revenue was low due to the Alvechurch debacle, but we did have a good run in the Whatever Trophy.
HamTown
Bit of a left field question but has anyone seen what signal Southwood gets to go down injured? is it just a hand up in the air from the dug out or something more theatrical that needs to be done for 5 minutes before he takes notice?

Unless of course he did go down injured....if so thank god the physio was there to squeeze his thigh a bit to get him back on his feet
ctfc-fan
RS1978 wrote:
Robin wrote: 24 Feb 2024, 08:23
Ihearye wrote: 23 Feb 2024, 19:42 Good gates, Goodwin sold, where did the money go? Unless paying off Elliot was expensive
It will be the last financial year so Goodwin sale would not be included, May sale may also not be included but could include the training ground purchase.
Could it be that the loans that WE took at the start of the season either had large fees/ penalty clauses to be paid if the loans were cut short?

Tbh all I really want to know is "What is the plan going forward to reduce this significant financial loss" and "Is the day-to-day running of the Club in any immediate danger"Image
Again you can discount anything from this season as the accounts will be made up to 31st May 2023 so it has to be between 1st June 22 and 31st May 23.
RS1978
ctfc-fan wrote: 24 Feb 2024, 11:08
RS1978 wrote:
Robin wrote: 24 Feb 2024, 08:23

It will be the last financial year so Goodwin sale would not be included, May sale may also not be included but could include the training ground purchase.
Could it be that the loans that WE took at the start of the season either had large fees/ penalty clauses to be paid if the loans were cut short?

Tbh all I really want to know is "What is the plan going forward to reduce this significant financial loss" and "Is the day-to-day running of the Club in any immediate danger"Image
Again you can discount anything from this season as the accounts will be made up to 31st May 2023 so it has to be between 1st June 22 and 31st May 23.
Of course! Completely slipped my mind even though I just did my 22/23 Self Assessment last December! :D