Things in perspective.. but doesn't help...but interesting

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

1985CTFC
First 11 games no goals. So basically third of season so far with no goals. Next 2/3rds we hit 30 goals. So been playing like a team hitting approx 45 goals so far this season. Which is more than Leyton Orient and same as Lincoln. We are approx 15th in goal scoring charts since DC took charge.

I know it doesn't make things any better but a little bit of perspective on our attacking since DC came onboard.
Just a shame DC wasn't here from day 1.

Still think we can do it...but am starting to hope other teams under perform our results. Not an ideal feeling.
Broadway Brian
Not sure what perspective you’re after with stats that prove we’re the 15th best of something.
1985CTFC
Broadway Brian wrote: 10 Mar 2024, 15:10 Not sure what perspective you’re after with stats that prove we’re the 15th best of something.
just trying to lift the doom and gloom by pointing out we have been scoring since DC been here. Agreed losing Matty probably won't help going forward. But we are not doomed as of yet so why we are talking about Lg2 I don't know.
Lots of twists and turns before end of April. Some people always look for the worse. All very defeatist and I'm glad DC remains positive, however dodgy it all looks today.
Horteng
The only perspective I have at the moment is we do not have a striker available that looks capable of scoring a goal.....
1985CTFC
Horteng wrote: 11 Mar 2024, 07:54 The only perspective I have at the moment is we do not have a striker available that looks capable of scoring a goal.....
Keena and LLoyd not scored all season except for 2 goals. Yet still a reasonable scoring record under DC is what I am saying. Others have chipped in. Problem lately is letting in goals late. Wycombe, Charlton and Oxford. Those 3 points would keep us believing. Doesn't matter who scores, agreed it would be helpful if those 2 hit the net, but if they aren't someone else has to and during DC reign they have. Examples, Ferry, Bonds Sercombe, Long Shepherd.
All the others need to fill that void until a miracle happens and Keena and Lloyd score.

With Matty out I would like to think he is doing some one on one coaching for those two in how to get in the right place and score. All week to work on it.