Our FLEETWOOD MAChinations

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

1985CTFC
WE need top STOP MESSIN' ROUND, and beat them. DON'T STOP peppering their goal with shots. We all have DREAMS of staying up. I DON'T WANT TO KNOW or hear excuses if we don't win.
The EYES OF THE WORLD are on you. I'M SO AFRAID we won't perform. Please don't let this match be an ALBATROSS around our neck.

Aiden SAY YOU WILL score, I don't want to have to say after the game,OH WELL , there is always Monday to scream GREAT BALLS OF FIRE ..Keena has scored.
Win and the SKIES THE LIMIT next season. Lose,and we will have to rely on a BLACK MAGIC WOMAN.

I know it's NOT THAT FUNNY. but AS LONG AS YOU FOLLOW the Robins the STORMS will disappear and we can all do the RATTLESNAKE SHAKE in celebration of staying up.

Was bored with no game this weekend!!! Apologies to all
PCrobin
Impressive work. I'd heard Rumours you were going to do something like this...
Shade
This is just Second Hand News. I'm Never Going Back on this thread again. You can Go Your Own Way, though, no hard feelings. As long as we win by a Landslide I don't really care.

As for Keena...Heroes Are Hard To Find. Oh Well. Maybe he needs to be Hypnotized?

This is Not That Funny.
Broadway Brian
Smith or Shepherd at the back?

I’d rather Jack…
1985CTFC
I want to see Keena do the Rattlesnake Shake when he scores....start practising Aiden, and you Lloydy
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Loving The Chain of puns guys.
1985CTFC
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote: 22 Mar 2024, 21:02 Loving The Chain of puns guys.
Good ..more coming.
As we are taking on the Cod Army we need to go to their plaice and batter them.
Going to be a big crowd with them doing kids for a squid
We need kipper Long to not let the team fritter away this chance.
If not performing I hope DC gives them a good pollocking at halftime.
Hopefully Keena can chip one over the keeper in to the net followed by a battered savalloyd back eel winner.

Plenty of option still left for those of you with nothing better to do this afternoon
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
1985CTFC wrote: 23 Mar 2024, 12:00
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote: 22 Mar 2024, 21:02 Loving The Chain of puns guys.
Good ..more coming.
As we are taking on the Cod Army we need to go to their plaice and batter them.
Going to be a big crowd with them doing kids for a squid
We need kipper Long to not let the team fritter away this chance.
If not performing I hope DC gives them a good pollocking at halftime.
Hopefully Keena can chip one over the keeper in to the net followed by a battered savalloyd back eel winner.

Plenty of option still left for those of you with nothing better to do this afternoon
They are minnows at L1 level, like us to be honest. As such the importance of this bassment battle is off the scales. How in matches like this we dream of a team or Jerry Gills - nothing small fry about him, that’s for sure.

Is there a coach going? If so I hope we can fillet. If we avoid just haking long balls forward and put them to the sword it will give us a ray of hope.

Who will be fit I wonder? Hopefully a few more training sessions means Nuttall isn’t such a puffer after 30 mins of effort.

Sorry to carp on but we do need to play on the front foot with all out aggression - no use being koi about it and dabbing it around the back at this stage of the season.
Garby74
Is everyone staying in Fleetwood or Blackpool?
I'm staying over in Blackpool
The grand
longmover
How Fleetwood are still in the league with their (now behind bars) owner fraudulent antics is beyond, pretty sure that financed a few promotions, best thing is his children are now running the club #fitandproper.
1985CTFC
Back to more important things, the game tomorrow at Fleetwood.

Discovered some good news and bad news.
Good news......Fleetwood have the second worse home record
the
Bad news ....Cheltenham have the third worse away record. (those early games the problem)
So anyone for a draw? Going to be a toughie.

If stories of Lloydy are true and he is off, I hope he starts to payback the club and supporters the patience we have shown him since he was a young lad joining CTFC. He needs to realise goals are the only thing which is going to give him a decent career at any other club. Patience will wear thin with another clubs / supporters after a while if goals are not added to his game. All very well running around and leaping like a salmon but he is a striker.

Needs to convince us in these 9 games he can score goals and leave on a high by scoring the goals to keep us up. It is the least he can do, for us supporters who have contributed to his salary and patiently supported him during the start to his career. Luckily being a local lad he has survived longer than perhaps someone coming in from elsewhere. Because I am sure if it was anyone else they would have been shipped out and probably playing part time non league football.

So starting at Fleetwood make or score at least a goal. Don't let us down Lloydy.
Shade
Don't mention stories and then go on about it for 2 paragraphs without enlightening us as to what the stories are. What stories about Lloyd being off, and where have they come from? A reputable source or some balls account on twitter?
Si Robin
JP mentioned that he believes Lloyd is off in the summer on the latest Robins Report pod.

As for 1985's comments about him paying us back, etc... I question the comment about support. Last season, on more than one occasion, there were audible cheers when he was substituted. He hasn't received unerring support at all. In fact, it's annoyed me how quickly people were to jump on his back.
1985CTFC
Si Robin wrote: 28 Mar 2024, 18:16 JP mentioned that he believes Lloyd is off in the summer on the latest Robins Report pod.

As for 1985's comments about him paying us back, etc... I question the comment about support. Last season, on more than one occasion, there were audible cheers when he was substituted. He hasn't received unerring support at all. In fact, it's annoyed me how quickly people were to jump on his back.
For the time he has been at CTFC he has had a relatively easy ride from the supporters, obviously at times maybe a season ago frustration with him was apparent. A few cheers from a certain group who probably are the ones who walk out after 40 mins when things are going wrong doesn't for me signal much ill feeling towards him.
Overall he has perhaps more support than he has earned, but the local lad tag has lessened any vitriol which may have been more apparent to similar performing players.
I would just like him if he goes, to go as a hero and not a zero thats all. Just stick it in the net Lloydy and make us all happy.
1985CTFC
Shade wrote: 28 Mar 2024, 18:01 Don't mention stories and then go on about it for 2 paragraphs without enlightening us as to what the stories are. What stories about Lloyd being off, and where have they come from? A reputable source or some balls account on twitter?
Just picking up what was mentioned on here via JP on the podcast. Haven't listened yet usually save that for a Friday night. Surprised you haven't noticed the JP comments on here via postings!!
I did qualify it by saying 'if stories are true about Lloydy' as well.
By the way Shade I don't Twitter, facebook or any form of social media. Never have never will.
RS1978
1985CTFC wrote: 28 Mar 2024, 18:52
Shade wrote: 28 Mar 2024, 18:01 Don't mention stories and then go on about it for 2 paragraphs without enlightening us as to what the stories are. What stories about Lloyd being off, and where have they come from? A reputable source or some balls account on twitter?
Just picking up what was mentioned on here via JP on the podcast. Haven't listened yet usually save that for a Friday night. Surprised you haven't noticed the JP comments on here via postings!!
By the way Shade I don't Twitter, facebook or any form of social media. Never have never will.
I just don't know about Lloydy - yes he's a local lad, but how long can he carry on getting bashed from pillar to post, getting kicked up in the air and still not getting anything from the refs? His strike partners that he was developing a relationship with have been either sold (Goodwin) or are injured (Street). Even though he's courageous and whole-hearted and DC bigs him up as much as he can the facts are that he's only scored twice in one game this season - sooner or later he must think that a change of scenery might help his luck change.

It goes without saying that I really don't want him to leave and that he/Keena/Nuttall bang in the goals to keep us up in these next eight games🙏
Shade
1985CTFC wrote: 28 Mar 2024, 18:52
Sorry, hadn't looked in that thread. Have done now. Assumed something like that would have had a thread about it if it wasn't just idle gossip.
paperboy
Lloyd's a Gloucester lad so maybe he'll do a Kate Bush.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
paperboy wrote: 30 Mar 2024, 19:00 Lloyd's a Gloucester lad so maybe he'll do a Kate Bush.
See what you did there. Stranger things have happened, I guess.
asl
Can't imagine why he'd go running up that hill to the Conference...
Ihearye
Get out more lads 😉
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Ihearye wrote: 30 Mar 2024, 22:57 Get out more lads 😉
Wrote my post from the pub and I’ve never watched the show I referenced as I am out too much to have time to.