Fleetwood Town v Cheltenham Town

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Garby74
Huge win
Big performance.
Gettin Keena....he
Played really well today.
Patch up some of our brave boys.
Fleetwood are down.
Glad I made the trip.
In DC we trust

And Freestone....
Robin
Great win, keeps our chances alive and for the people worried about Port Vale keep in mind Bristol Rovers have been in terrible form lately. Cambridge result was a real body blow for us though.
1985CTFC
This is what I wrote in the thread FORWARDS AND SCORING GOALS
Prophetic eh? Jordan may well have to have a go up front at times. Hopefully with Aiden getting that goal and relatively fresh, he and Joe can forge a decent partnership for the most of the remaining games. Looked reasonably promising at times. Harrop strip off and start warming up as well.
Every player 10 out of 10 well done and to DC and staff. Lets get these points asap.
Bristol for the taking and L Orient off the boil as well.

I think we all agree we need to score goals if we are to stay up. Nothing new there.
With 9 games coming up and almost a game Tuesday and Saturday with an odd exception, I do fear what we would do if both LLoydy and Aiden pick up injuries playing as much as they probably will. More worried with LLoyd with regard to an injury because of the way he plays. But you never can tell how they can pick up an injury. Look at Street, was nothing in it.
Joe Nuttal is going to have to play a big part if fit, especially if the one of the other 2 get a knock etc. We need to get behind Joe and encourage not disparage.
Personally I would like to see Jordan have a go upfront using his trickery in and around the box. Scored goals in the lower league. Hopefully Matty may help out in the later stages.
Acknowledge we will start games 3 4 1 2 subject to injuries. But as the games tick over and the need to win becomes now or never I just hope when Lloyd and Aiden are replaced we have plenty of options and formation changes lined up.
Hence giving Jordan a chance up top at the tail end of a game and see how he does. Saves a midfield space for Harrop or Slogget to fill.

Hopefully we won't have any of these worries if we beat Fleetwood and Exeter.
Fleetwood is going to be one hell of a tough game. They will fancy their chances and see a way out of bottom 4 with a win.
Robin
Bookies have Fleetwood as 1/20 to go down after today they are done. Vale are the next favourites.
1985CTFC
Robin wrote: 29 Mar 2024, 20:39 Bookies have Fleetwood as 1/20 to go down after today they are done. Vale are the next favourites.
Other fans forums seem glad we more or less relegated Fleetwood. They are not the most popular of teams.
Can't think why!
With our so called game in hand against Carlisle if we win it we are out the bottom 4 ....that's if we play it tomorrow!!!!!
It's in our hands . Must admit when their equalizer went in today I thought that's it were done, especially with Cambridge winning. For a split second I thought Aidens goal was going over as well.
Also need to keep our goal difference healthier than those around us, just in case.
Shade
Don't love that Carlisle have got back to back wins as well before we play them. It's too late for them to stay up but they won't just roll over and hand us 3 points. All these teams seem to start finding form before we play them.
Robin
Carlisle drew their last game at home to Stevenage, they will likely also be relegated next weekend so right before playing us which probably isn't good for us.
Shade
Robin wrote: 29 Mar 2024, 21:39 Carlisle drew their last game at home to Stevenage, they will likely also be relegated next weekend so right before playing us which probably isn't good for us.
I hadn't realised Stevenage scored a 96th minute equaliser in that game!

Last time we played Carlisle in April the result secured our promotion to League One. Hopefully, this time it will go a long way to keeping us in it.
Ihearye
Come to the stage of the season where all we can hope for is that we control our destiny, no matter what others are doing
Garby74
What on earth was that fanfare yesterday when Fleetwood scored....how embarrasing.
To be fair there were 1 or two players of theirs that were quite good. The physical no.20 was a real handful. Thank god he couldnt hit a barn door....
Horteng
Great win particularly with results elsewhere.

Hopefully it will give Keena some good confidence to kick on now and bag a few goals which will keep us up. Its still very much in our hands with the games in hand over some but we must win.

COYR!
1985CTFC
A big shout out for Joe N. Came on and made Aidens goal. Those extra 2 points may well keep us up. A game changing sub.
Also good to see Aiden in that 6yd box as well. If Joe can show 2 or 3 bits of quality in a game and that results in 1 or 2 goals then we will stay up.
Keena should be buzzin Monday, and hopefully more goals will flow. Another 20 and he will be top scorer. ( That's for Regency ....only kidding you) But we all want him to do well for us and himself.
RS1978
Garby74 wrote: 30 Mar 2024, 07:12 What on earth was that fanfare yesterday when Fleetwood scored....how embarrasing.
To be fair there were 1 or two players of theirs that were quite good. The physical no.20 was a real handful. Thank god he couldnt hit a barn door....
Fanfare Garby? That was the Captain Pugwash theme! Proud of the guys today - they scrapped and fought for everything and came away with the result.

When Darrell came in, he wanted the fitness levels across the whole team to get better - and for guys like Harrop, Nuttall and Thomas who hadn't played a lot before they came here were bound to look a bit off the pace ( possibly have a few stinkers) whilst getting up to speed. Hopefully now they're all fitter they can make telling contributions in the last 8 games.

Keena scored 6 in the last 10 games of last season - hopefully he can do the same sort of thing this time🙏

Sercs playing against his hometown club next - he'll want to put on a performance...
Si Robin
1985CTFC wrote: 30 Mar 2024, 09:57 A big shout out for Joe N. Came on and made Aidens goal. Those extra 2 points may well keep us up. A game changing sub.
Also good to see Aiden in that 6yd box as well. If Joe can show 2 or 3 bits of quality in a game and that results in 1 or 2 goals then we will stay up.
Keena should be buzzin Monday, and hopefully more goals will flow. Another 20 and he will be top scorer. ( That's for Regency ....only kidding you) But we all want him to do well for us and himself.
I know it's an extremely minor thing, but it's been driving me crazy for a couple of weeks now.

It's Aidan - with an a, not an e.
Broadway Brian
Si Robin wrote:
1985CTFC wrote: 30 Mar 2024, 09:57 A big shout out for Joe N. Came on and made Aidens goal. Those extra 2 points may well keep us up. A game changing sub.
I know it's an extremely minor thing, but it's been driving me crazy for a couple of weeks now.

Si the Grammar Guru now ;-) !!!

Still buzzing after yesterday’s win. Haven’t had a mental like that for a long time after that second goal. Shins still hurt from the seat in front.

Great to see them grind it out. Played some great stuff first half in awful conditions. Thought Tom Pett struggled a bit (and received some questionable treatment from one or two of theirs) so great to see others take over and step up.

Bradbury was immense. Freestone was immense. Davies was immense. Ferry was like a half-dead drowned rat by the end of it but kept going. Andy Smith missed nothing when he came on in testing conditions.

We need 8 more of those performances.
RS1978
Broadway Brian wrote: 30 Mar 2024, 12:05
Si Robin wrote:

Still buzzing after yesterday’s win. Haven’t had a mental like that for a long time after that second goal. Shins still hurt from the seat in front.

Great to see them grind it out. Played some great stuff first half in awful conditions. Thought Tom Pett struggled a bit (and received some questionable treatment from one or two of theirs) so great to see others take over and step up.

Bradbury was immense. Freestone was immense. Davies was immense. Ferry was like a half-dead drowned rat by the end of it but kept going. Andy Smith missed nothing when he came on in testing conditions.

We need 8 more of those performances.
Hypnotise Ferry and Long into believing that they're the next Roberto Carlos and Cafu?😏
Si Robin
Broadway Brian wrote: 30 Mar 2024, 12:05
Si Robin wrote:

If it was a one-off spelling error I'd ignore it, but it's disrespectful to constantly spell a person's name wrong.
1985CTFC
Si Robin wrote: 30 Mar 2024, 11:26

Sorry sir, how many lines do I have to do.
Robin
Shade wrote: 30 Mar 2024, 01:48
Robin wrote: 29 Mar 2024, 21:39 Carlisle drew their last game at home to Stevenage, they will likely also be relegated next weekend so right before playing us which probably isn't good for us.
I hadn't realised Stevenage scored a 96th minute equaliser in that game!

Last time we played Carlisle in April the result secured our promotion to League One. Hopefully, this time it will go a long way to keeping us in it.
My mind always goes back to when we took 800 up there on a Tuesday night and missed out on promotion. Would people prefer them to be relegated versus us or down the game before? Not sure which matters more.
HamTown
Fantastic result but these injuries are building up with games coming thick and fast. Hoping they're minor knocks except Lloyd that looks like he could be out for weeks

DC could do with having a plan B and C to revert to as despite a good assist Nuttall really isn't a starter for me.
CTFCfan99
Shambles that we've given Exeter a few blocks in the CF. Home seats are all but sold out (as they have been several times this season). Even if we didn't fully sell out to home fans, surely it'd be worth the few quid we miss out on to keep away fans just behind the goal.
plymrob
Thought was Lung was good... he bust a Long... Seriously true for me, header flick on's and dominated. He surely deserves a mansion!
plymrob
yes, an apostrophe issue looming...