Cheltenham Town v Exeter City

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Warwickshire Robin
Seems our friend Mr Martin isn't always as quick to give handball penalties, see this from two weeks ago but he is apparently consistent in his inability to referee games properly :-

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/articles/cg69rz4p199o
Shade
Warwickshire Robin wrote: 02 Apr 2024, 13:55 Seems our friend Mr Martin isn't always as quick to give handball penalties, see this from two weeks ago but he is apparently consistent in his inability to referee games properly :-

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/articles/cg69rz4p199o
Oh my God, I didn't even realise it was the same twat. Leeds being my "second team" I watched that live and couldn't believe he hadn't given a penalty. He could have given two in the same incident. No wonder he got demoted to League One. The guy needs sacking. Absolute cretin. He obviously goes into games with preconceived ideas of what he will and won't give to which team. Or he's literally just useless.
Si Robin
I don't wish to defend him, but is it not possible that he got given a dressing down after the Leeds-Millwall incident and therefore felt that if there was a similar handball incident that he'd be better to give it than not?
Warwickshire Robin
Si Robin wrote: 02 Apr 2024, 15:50 I don't wish to defend him, but is it not possible that he got given a dressing down after the Leeds-Millwall incident and therefore felt that if there was a similar handball incident that he'd be better to give it than not?
Quite possibly Si. Although shame the knee to the face (or in our case shoulder) was not discussed as well!!
Shade
Warwickshire Robin wrote: 02 Apr 2024, 15:55
Si Robin wrote: 02 Apr 2024, 15:50 I don't wish to defend him, but is it not possible that he got given a dressing down after the Leeds-Millwall incident and therefore felt that if there was a similar handball incident that he'd be better to give it than not?
Quite possibly Si. Although shame the knee to the face (or in our case shoulder) was not discussed as well!!
Yes, shades of the handball and the head battering from the Leeds penalty decision in the Kinsella flattening and Freestone handball so, if that was the case, you'd think he would have given both.
Henry The Dog
If you’ve not seen the non handball in the Leeds game have a look and then wonder how he didn’t give that one but gave one against Lewis. Si I think you’re probably right it got pointed out he was wrong last time bound to be in his head if he got demoted to a league one game.