FFS JUST WIN!!!+

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Ihearye
Don't care how, who does it. Just turn up tonight and win. Just for the crack
Jim
^^^ DC's prematch team talk sorted
RS1978
We are drinking in the last chance saloon. We need to get points or we're done for...
Robin
Anything less than an a win today and we need snookers, even with a win it's going to be tough I fear as it will mean we need to beat at least one of Posh, Lincoln or Stevenage and recent form suggests that's very unlikely.
Jim
We're at that stage where there's a chance but I think most fans have made peace with the fact relegation is all but guaranteed. Even if we'd played well in the last two games and lost I would still have hope, but it's the performances which have convinced me there's no way back - it reminds me of the end of the Wade era when it looked like the team were incapable of winning a football match.

However, football is a crazy game, and a random 2-0 win tonight would have me believing again. I just don't see it, but much stranger things have happened. I'd love us to go into the last day with a mathematical chance - Stevenage will probably be on the beach with nothing to play for... would at least make for some excitement!
Last edited by Jim on 16 Apr 2024, 15:13, edited 1 time in total.
CTFC.Harry
Yep. Lose today and it’s over unfortunately. I’d even say it’s over if we draw. Ah well, Walsall away is a good day out.
Benhall-Robin
We do not look capable.
Shade
I'm actually surprised anyone still believes that we've even got a chance. Even if we do somehow get some luck or, God forbid, put in a performance and win tonight, I'm personally of the opinion that we're already down, given the last 3 fixtures. I'm tired of having renewed hope only for it to be dashed this season. Every time we have had a chance to get out of the relegation zone over the months, we have been robbed, played awfully or the teams above us have won. It ain't gonna happen now. Obviously, the players shouldn't think like me, although I'm sure half of them do, but I'm a simple fan. I've had enough of this season.

It'll actually be a more fitting end to this season if we win tonight, win on Saturday, get a point next Tuesday and then go down thanks to a final minute Stevenage winner.
Last edited by Shade on 16 Apr 2024, 16:08, edited 1 time in total.
Jerry St Clair
It’s currently tipping it down with rain in Burton. It couldn’t happen again. Could it?
asl
Momentum is everything...a win tonight and maybe the players will start believing in miracles, too. Anything other than a win, however...
Horteng
Sadly we couldn't buy a win at the moment. I only see a home win tonight
ctfc-fan
Remember when Taylor first came in and surprised everyone? Hopefully he can do that again tonight
CTFCfan99
Just seen that Burton have lost their last 7 home games. Time for CTFC to do what they do best - step in and dutifully end the opposition's bad run!
bcrobin
My view is we are down already, but footballing miracles do happen. All goes back to the woefull summer recruitment and the loss of key staff.
Shade
CTFCfan99 wrote: 16 Apr 2024, 17:19 Just seen that Burton have lost their last 7 home games. Time for CTFC to do what they do best - step in and dutifully end the opposition's bad run!
If only this was just a this season thing, but it's happened for as long as I can remember going to CTFC games. We used to also be good at breaking opposition winning runs, but that seems to have gone by the wayside.
Ihearye
Just to confirm, I will also be doing the team talk on Saturday
plymrob
Great result and, given ther fare over the last few weeks, I thought we were really quite good tonight... Pretty good perforfances across the board... Nuttall and Thomas especially; both threatened.

Still a very tough three games to come... which makes you wonder where that 90 (+20) minute performance has been for many of the last few games... Really well done though. Thankfully, more agony now still awaits.

This all said, I'm not sure our next most improtant motivational speech should be delivered by someone that needs to sit down throughout...! I spent most of the second half pacing the living room whilst watching the screen...