Season tickets

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Jerry St Clair
Tough to raise prices on the back of a relegation, but with inflation as it has been and costs increasing, it'll be really hard to keep them pegged.

If they do go up, there's going to have to be some creative pricing/incentives to maintain renewals next season.
asl
I'd like to see the £2 penalty for buying on the day scrapped. I do not, and never will, see it as a £2 discount for buying in advance. Sometimes, I genuinely don't know that I'm able to make a match on a Saturday before 13:00 due to work commitments. Why should an e-ticket on the day cost more than one bought the night before?
CS85
Agree asl,the club cant have 28 pound on the day prices in league 2.
25 for a league two game is far to much!.
Malabus
English Football is slowly strangling itself. The ridiculous costs for an average fan is becoming untenable on a regular basis.
It does seem anything football related is a free pass to inflate prices in the name of ‘greed’ and the beast will eat its tail.

I’ve been a ST holder for over 35 years and at this moment [12 hours since relegation was confirmed] I’m in no rush to renew.

Off the field issues has been worrying for me, there is no plan where this club is heading, long term.
bigdavejambo
with the extra revenue that the new EFL TV deal is generating then that should prevent the need to raise ticket prices. As for £27 a ticket - Crewe, Swindon and Harrogate (next season) all charge that for a seated ticket
Si Robin
I don't see a reduction in prices coming - they'd be crazy to consider putting them up though.
Jerry St Clair
Si Robin wrote: 28 Apr 2024, 05:56 I don't see a reduction in prices coming - they'd be crazy to consider putting them up though.
It will be hard not to with running costs increasing by circa 20% in the last years. But they must try. Maybe the solar panels will mitigate that somewhat.

The kids price is absolutely brilliant, in fairness. It’s hard to see what more could be done there.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
A couple of my personal thoughts on ST prices in the CF.

I would be happy for the CF STs to stay the same price but would like this to be accompanied with a decision to make the whole concourse available to home fans for every game. Then ST holders get to actually enjoy the facilities.

I wouldn’t also be against adding on premium features for STs for an additional cost. Some examples:
- opening up one of the turnstiles at the WR end of the ground for Premium ST holders to enter (a bit like priority boarding on planes).
- working with Iglu to enable pre-ordering and pre-pay for food and drink in the CF for Premium ST holders so they can order from their seats or on the may to the ground and collect at a collection point.
- a pre-sale period where Premium ST holders can buy another two or three tickets for friends or family for any game a couple of days before they go on general sale.

There will be other things other people can think of.

But depending on the add-ons offered there will be some people who are happy to pay an extra £100+ a season for Premium I would imagine.

Just my personal view based on no evidence and I may be a minority of one…thoughts?
Ihearye
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote: 28 Apr 2024, 09:06 A couple of my personal thoughts on ST prices in the CF.

I would be happy for the CF STs to stay the same price but would like this to be accompanied with a decision to make the whole concourse available to home fans for every game. Then ST holders get to actually enjoy the facilities.

I wouldn’t also be against adding on premium features for STs for an additional cost. Some examples:
- opening up one of the turnstiles at the WR end of the ground for Premium ST holders to enter (a bit like priority boarding on planes).
- working with Iglu to enable pre-ordering and pre-pay for food and drink in the CF for Premium ST holders so they can order from their seats or on the may to the ground and collect at a collection point.
- a pre-sale period where Premium ST holders can buy another two or three tickets for friends or family for any game a couple of days before they go on general sale.

There will be other things other people can think of.

But depending on the add-ons offered there will be some people who are happy to pay an extra £100+ a season for Premium I would imagine.

Just my personal view based on no evidence and I may be a minority of one…thoughts?
obviously not all would appeal to everyone, but I would certainly benefit from a pre-sale period and would gladly pay more for that. along with the chance to open up my ST seat for someone else, so we can all sit together. The feasibility of which I have no idea, but as we are now in the digital age ..........
Robin
I've heard whispers that there was a discussion within the board room to increase ticket prices but ultimately they have decided against it. I expect them to remain as they are for next season now.
bigdavejambo
the club will get extra revenue this summer from the new TV deal so that will hopefully avoid increasing ticket prices
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
bigdavejambo wrote: 28 Apr 2024, 14:41 the club will get extra revenue this summer from the new TV deal so that will hopefully avoid increasing ticket prices
Depends - if the TV money leads to player wages and agent fees inflation then in real terms we are no better off.
Jerry St Clair
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote: 28 Apr 2024, 09:06 A couple of my personal thoughts on ST prices in the CF.

That one won’t be a huge issue next season. Swindon and maybe one or two others will be the only clubs likely to exceed the 1000 capacity of the Hazlewoods. We’ll have luxurious amounts of room in the CF concourse.

Every cloud……..
CS85
Can only see swindon needing the full 1500 allocation.
As for the rest it'll mainly be 300 or so.