Mohamed to join...

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

vcinthestand
you seem to have transferred another topic into this one about Mo
If you stand behind MY then he has very industrial language
Perhaps thats what players understand

Pelters aimed at Mo or for that matter anyone elsewill let them know that that performance is not good enough
MY is in the entertainment business if everyone sits there and things this is rubbish goes home and never reappears then the club suffers. MY and the player here the unrest or disappointment then it is up to them to do something
There is no place for abuse but to shout get him off or get him sorted is perfectly acceptable. If it is wrong then the shouter will be put right

There used to a woman who always gave pelters no matter who or what the score was.
One of the young lads about 14 I guess shouted hey missus do you never shut up, this was followed by a round of applause from the paddock and the main stand.
She never reappeared

Shouting open the gates heres forest gump when mo is on a charge can be viewed as witty or abusive you decide
If you think the crowd is abusive you should try a few big games in other leagues

Mo will find it hard going at Vale and if he lets it get to him then he will fail
Reliant Robin
taxidave wrote: .... Would you like to elaborate ?
Nothing to elaborate on Dave, it's an example of the type of behaviour that would very likely lead to a ban.
vcinthestand
Banning people may or may not educate them or others. It could stop it but is that education

Anyway Mo will get pelters where every he goes as he sees his job as an attacker and not a defender , so not going to win fans unless he scores every game and his decision making will have to improve
Reliant Robin
Robin wrote:Not picking an argument with you Reliant but CTFC is one of the clubs were players very rarely get abuse from the fans. The fact is players get an easy ride here in comparison with the vast majority of peer clubs.
I don't know where you sit or stand Robin, but where I stand there is often an embarrassing load of abuse aimed at certain players. What is particularly bad is that there are often young children within earshot. Yes, we are living in an age where the 'F' word and the 'C' word have become part of modern vocabulary (doesn't make it right), but what I find particularly unacceptable is that these young kids are coming along to see a professional game of football where they can cheer on their heroes, only to find that those very same heroes are being ridiculed in a vile and repulsive way. That's a great advert for the Club when it's trying its best to capture the hearts of young fans. It's shameful in my view.
Reliant Robin
vcinthestand wrote:Banning people may or may not educate them or others. It could stop it but is that education ...
It's education in the same way that you give a dog treats to get it to do what you want it to do ;)
vcinthestand
RR this thread is meant to be about Mo and his move to Vale
There is another thread about the banned

Mo is not a crowd pleaser so will get pelters.
This is not to be confused with abuse

Similarly on here there are those who tell it as the see it and that includes saying when players are poor
Mo can be a match winner but is not a team player, therefore we will miss his goals but we may get someone better
Shevates point to McGlashan who in his eyes does not do enough
I think he does. Shevates is not being abusive he is just seeing it from his point of view
The only reason we got onto the abuse was someone suggesting that Mo was abused at Plymouth
So lets keep it on Mo and the behaviour discussion is elsewhere
taxidave
Reliant Robin wrote:
Nothing to elaborate on Dave, it's an example of the type of behaviour that would very likely lead to a ban.
I just found it rather strange that you should mention "players or their associates" as though this was something that had occurred recently as I have certainly never seen that phrase used before.
Joey
Reliant Robin wrote:
Robin wrote:Not picking an argument with you Reliant but CTFC is one of the clubs were players very rarely get abuse from the fans. The fact is players get an easy ride here in comparison with the vast majority of peer clubs.
I don't know where you sit or stand Robin, but where I stand there is often an embarrassing load of abuse aimed at certain players. What is particularly bad is that there are often young children within earshot. Yes, we are living in an age where the 'F' word and the 'C' word have become part of modern vocabulary (doesn't make it right), but what I find particularly unacceptable is that these young kids are coming along to see a professional game of football where they can cheer on their heroes, only to find that those very same heroes are being ridiculed in a vile and repulsive way. That's a great advert for the Club when it's trying its best to capture the hearts of young fans. It's shameful in my view.
Have you considered asking them to mind their language or shut up?
shevates
vcinthestand wrote:RR this thread is meant to be about Mo and his move to Vale
There is another thread about the banned

Mo is not a crowd pleaser so will get pelters.
This is not to be confused with abuse

Similarly on here there are those who tell it as the see it and that includes saying when players are poor
Mo can be a match winner but is not a team player, therefore we will miss his goals but we may get someone better
Shevates point to McGlashan who in his eyes does not do enough
I think he does. Shevates is not being abusive he is just seeing it from his point of view
The only reason we got onto the abuse was someone suggesting that Mo was abused at Plymouth
So lets keep it on Mo and the behaviour discussion is elsewhere
You're right VC not being abusive at all, its just a pointer to were I feel Jermaine has to improve to help the team improve, and I'm sure all players who play for the club we could find a fault in, just like us in our everyday jobs. One comment you make about Mo, VC, is that he was not a team player, and yet he had 10 assists, and also Jones who has become a bit of a target was a leading assist player for us. I for one am disappointed Mo has gone, frustrating yes without doubt, but one of the few players I felt who could change the game us.
vcinthestand
I based my comments shevates on the interview Mo gave JP just afyer the Plymouth match.
He said his role was attacking. Perhaps that was what he had been told but he didnt appear to help Jones out very often. With his pace he should have been back helping Jones who does lack some pace. Mo when he gives the ball away would not chase back with the same pace as when going forward. If you watch him marking he points at the man he should mark but does not actually mark him.
I dont know if he expects someone else to mark the player. Going forward he was an outlet but decision making was poor in my opinion
I believe that he could work on his defending and in actual fact after the interview he did improve.
I can see why he was always in the team as he was capable of changing a game. Perhaps a luxury when the rest of the team were not on their game
As to stats I would be interested in seeing assists from dead balls as opposed to assists from open play.
If you dont take corners and free kicks your number of assists will be down. Again I believe that corners and free kicks taken can be improved by a player working on them. Towards the end of the season I would rather Mo take corners and free kicks than Marlon , but that of course meant one less head to aim at in the box
Can we not sign Clive Walker again ?!
MarkHalliwell
I hate our players being called 'c&~p' or 'sh*te' and people booing individuals. I also hate them being accused of not trying. I do not believe any CTFC player has not tried their best while playing for us. They all have parts of their game that need improving - otherwise they wouldn't be in L2.
Why can't people be a bit more constructive in their criticism?
I saw a tweet yesterday saying 'I hope Mo fails at Vale, he is non-league player'. Why? What is the point in that vitriol? Is it so the person can then turn round and feel vindicated in giving Mo the bird at games, saying 'Look, he couldn't cut it in League One, just like I said'?
There will be a target this season - candidates probably Jones, Taylor and Harrison.
We all want a better atmosphere so the fans who come occasionally enjoy it and want to come back, so I would love to see a more positive and constructive attitude on the terraces and this forum towards the players and the club.
Not saying we have to believe everything in the garden is rosy and not question or debate things, but just do it in a more constructive way.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
taxidave wrote:
Reliant Robin wrote:
I just found it rather strange that you should mention "players or their associates" as though this was something that had occurred recently as I have certainly never seen that phrase used before.
The abuse aimed at Pack's girlfriend after Northampton was documented in other threads.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
End of the day I go to League 2 football games to watch attacking play and something which stands out from the usual dross at this level.

I'd much rather watch Mo try and beat some players and rampage forward than a defending left winger who just sits back all game repelling attacks.

If I wanted to watch 11 players who have good positioning, the fitness and determination to attack and get back and get in position every single time then I'd watch the Premier League and nothing else.

It was discussed on another thread how people fed a Premier League diet consider Cheltenham to be rubbish and pointless supporting, which everyone complained about. Then when we have a player who brings a bit of flair and excitement to said rubbish football we then complain he isn't as good as Premier League winners.

Seems a bit counter-intuitive.......

What happens if we get Rooney in and he tracks back and/or tackles even less - do we abuse him too?
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
MarkHalliwell wrote: I saw a tweet yesterday saying 'I hope Mo fails at Vale, he is non-league player'. Why? What is the point in that vitriol? Is it so the person can then turn round and feel vindicated in giving Mo the bird at games, saying 'Look, he couldn't cut it in League One, just like I said'?
Correct Mark - once a boo-boy picks a victim then failure of that victim becomes more important than anything else.

I've said before - the baseball cap man in Row G of block 4 who hated Josh Low got to the point where he rarely cheered any good play or anything good from the team. He waited for Low to do something wrong, and I imagine he'd rather Low scored an own goal than a goal for CTFC. Whenever I took friends to the game to sit next to me they thought it was hilarious how obsessed this muppet was.

Even if Mo has two great seasons in L1 you won't find a boo-boy giving him credit or saying anything positive,
Reliant Robin
Joey wrote: ...

Yes, Joey, we do give them short sharp shrift & they generally move a few steps away the next home game, but sadly it doesn't take long before there's another one in the midst doing the same thing.
taxidave
Reliant Robin wrote:
Joey wrote: ...

Yes, Joey, we do give them short sharp shrift & they generally move a few steps away the next home game, but sadly it doesn't take long before there's another one in the midst doing the same thing.
If the language of other fans upsets you on the terraces have you considered moving to the In2print where the only annoying sound is the clicking of knitting needles. :lol:
Fuller
taxidave wrote: If the language of other fans upsets you on the terraces have you considered moving to the In2print where the only annoying sound is the clicking of knitting needles. :lol:
.... or in the old centre stand where you can hear ticking pacemakers .... :roll:
RTT
taxidave wrote: If the language of other fans upsets you on the terraces have you considered moving to the In2print where the only annoying sound is the clicking of knitting needles. :lol:
Hope you do not drop too many stitches
51/84
JP is suggesting that PV are also interested in signing Carter
Mickey Adams must have seen the agents DVD of Carter or coach carter is very cheap
Best of luck in league 1 with a left side of Mo and Carter they will storm to the championship
Robin
Clearly Carter is trading on reputation if any league one clubs come in for him.
Joey
Would Port Vale like anymore of our last season's team?

:roll:
51/84
bagasan and duffy
Uppy
Again, Carter has some good stats for us. I was always expecting him to go to league one.
MarkHalliwell
Micky Adams, someone who knows his stuff at L1 /L2 level, clearly thinks he and Mo are good enough
CTFC03
Carter would be better suited to L1 football imo.
Robin
Carter is OK but I am not sure he showed enough while he to warrant moving to league one, certainly not in the second half of the season.
R_Payney
Carter I think will do well in League One, I can see Mo struggling however.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Compare all our midfielders contribution (goals and assists) on a per game basis - Carter was one of our best.
MarkHalliwell
I think given his past career and reputation, people expected a lot from him.
I feel some expected him to be head and shoulders above others, and really running games in L2, which I would say he only did twice, Morecambe at home and Northampton away.
Reliant Robin
taxidave wrote: ...
If the language of other fans upsets you on the terraces have you considered moving to the In2print where the only annoying sound is the clicking of knitting needles. :lol:
Ooh David, not like you to jump in prematurely & over excitedly ;)

If you re-read my earlier comment you will surely note that I had acknowledged the use of expletives in current spoken English. What I am less tolerant of, is the abuse dished out to our Players by some 'fans' in the presence of youngsters, these being the same Players that the local youngsters regard as heroes. It's not right and it really is not funny. You obviously think differently.
Alf
'Pacemakers' and 'knitting needles'? Are these not ageist comments?
vcinthestand
No I know a young lady who knits all sort of things for charity
Alf
I know. I've seen your jumper.