Michael Duff ahead of Portsmouth away

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Jon Palmer
Full interview here: https://bit.ly/DuffPrePompey" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Shade
"A big occasion for the fans too and the club as a whole?" was one of the questions asked. Why? It's not like we haven't been there for league games before.

"They won the FA Cup and were in Europe under Harry Redknapp relatively recently, but do you have to put that to one side and not think of them as a big club, but look at them as equals?" was another question. Well, they haven't done any of those things since the last 6 times we played them in the league so why should we care about it now?!

I'm assuming the bloke off the radio asked these stupid, and extremely pointless, questions to which everyone already knows the answer anyway.
plymrob
So how did it go when they played us to confirm a promotion?
Shade
If that is in reply to my comments, what is your point?
plymrob
"A big occasion for the fans too and the club as a whole?" was one of the questions asked. Why? It's not like we haven't been there for league games before.

Indeed. And how is it going across our games with Pompey...? Was there not another similar thread about the size of Sheffield Wednesday...? For me, a good result tonight will be better than -v- many others in the League. We are what we are; we can and should use that as a positive.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
This is a little odd.

Playing Sheffield Wednesday, Charlton, Ipswich and Sunderland is a whole different kettle to playing Portsmouth again having played them in a lower league.
Si Robin
plymrob wrote:And how is it going across our games with Pompey...?
5 draws - 1 defeat. The defeat came in a dead rubber for us, but a game where they had everything to play for.

All in the league below where we're meeting them now.

I get bigging up games against bigger clubs when it's the first time we played them, but there's no need to go overboard now.