CTFC vs Manchester City FA Cup Home 23 January 2021

Run by Shade

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin, Shade

theidlerich
CTFC vs Manchester City FA Cup Home 23 January 2021

Prediction for this massive game, financially, for CTFC. Trust we will give. decent account of ourselves for the cameras as last time. Usual prediction but with the addition of the name of the first scorer for Man City. So suspect you will need to check the team sheet prior to ko.

Result - Win, loss or draw at the end of 90 mins [do not think that RCS's quibbles on extra time etc will come into play!].
Score at 90 mins
CTFC scorer [:)]
Man City first scorer. Foden

I'll go for a loss at CTFC 0 - Man City
No scorer for CTFC
Man City scorer ?? will post later........

0/0/5/5=10
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Here goes :lol:

Home win

CTFC 3 - 2 MCFC

Thomas (Penalty, after 2 mins, when City go down to ten men).

A stunned City 2-0 down before half time with a Boyle header, exposing the zonal marking.

44 mins 45 seconds of one way traffic in the second half sees Man City score 2 and miss many more. In the final play of the game, the 25th Man City shot of the half is blocked and hoofed up the pitch. A rare chance for substitute Addai to sprint full pelt, skins the only City defender, and from six yards out crosses for a team mate to tap in to an empty net.

Cue camera panning to a stunned Pep, with the wide eyed expression so familiar to those who have enjoyed seeing him failing haplessly against weaker opposition in the Champions League every year for the last eight years.

Happiness, followed by the best of Blur, rings out as Shearer gives his praise to Duff.

0/0/0/0=0. But full marks for the punditry of the post.
Shade
CTFC 0-10 MCFC
No CTFC scorer

Regular players may know that I am often pessimistic on here, sacrificing my own score in the deluded belief that my prediction has an effect on the actual result of games. Well, this is the mother of all sacrifices and I hope I'm wrong more than ever. It is only 11 v 11 on the pitch and who knows how City will cope with a League 2 pitch (even if it is better than most other L2 pitches) that has had all the rain that is incoming, and Tozer's throw-ins (assuming we get over the half way line) - there IS always a chance, however slim. However, given our tendency to blow the big games, I reckon I might stand an outside chance of picking up maximum points as we are humiliated nationally. But I often go into games against teams at the top of League 2 thinking we'll concede 4, and we play better against better sides.

Not going to bother with Man City's first scorer. I think we'll all be far too occupied to bother coming back here after the teams are announced.

0/0/0/5=5
Johnsons Red Army
Going left field as well as RCS - most likely throwing 5 points away but worth the gamble.

CTFC 2-1 Man City
Win
May
Man City scorer to be updated once I see lineup (if I remember)

0/0/0/5=5
asl
Lose
0-4
No Cheltenham scorer
Jesus to open proceedings

0/0/0/5=5
theidlerich
I can only conclude that 'lockdown' has finally got to RCS. Failing that; what on earth is he growing?
:)
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
theidlerich wrote:I can only conclude that 'lockdown' has finally got to RCS. Failing that; what on earth is he growing?
None of the above. Just a bout of Cup Fever.
theidlerich
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:
theidlerich wrote:I can only conclude that 'lockdown' has finally got to RCS. Failing that; what on earth is he growing?
I wondered whether it may be, in part, part post Pates depressive regime.... [kidding - and I'll stop as I may give too much away.]
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
theidlerich wrote:
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:
I wondered whether it may be, in part, part post Pates depressive regime.... [kidding - and I'll stop as I may give too much away.]
Nope. Just Cup Fever.
pas
Loss
CTFC 1 Manchester City 3
May
Foden for MC

5/5/5/5=20. :). Just don't know how you do it!
cliffy90
Lose
CTFC 0-4 Man City
No CTFC scorer
Jesus

5/0/0/0=5
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:Here goes :lol:

Home win

CTFC 3 - 2 MCFC

Thomas (Penalty, after 2 mins, when City go down to ten men).

A stunned City 2-0 down before half time with a Boyle header, exposing the zonal marking.

44 mins 45 seconds of one way traffic in the second half sees Man City score 2 and miss many more. In the final play of the game, the 25th Man City shot of the half is blocked and hoofed up the pitch. A rare chance for substitute Addai to sprint full pelt, skins the only City defender, and from six yards out crosses for a team mate to tap in to an empty net.

Cue camera panning to a stunned Pep, with the wide eyed expression so familiar to those who have enjoyed seeing him failing haplessly against weaker opposition in the Champions League every year for the last eight years.

Happiness, followed by the best of Blur, rings out as Shearer gives his praise to Duff.
Mahrez with the first for Man City. 0
Johnsons Red Army
Johnsons Red Army wrote:Going left field as well as RCS - most likely throwing 5 points away but worth the gamble.

CTFC 2-1 Man City
Win
May
Man City scorer to be updated once I see lineup (if I remember)
Gabriel Jesus to score first for City. 0
Red Duke
CTFC 1 - MCFC 4
Boyle
Lose
Mahrez

0/0/0/5=5