Friendly against GCFC on July 20...

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

everyman
asl wrote:Can we swap Neil for Shandy? I liked Shandy. Shandy was funny and talked a lot of sense amongst his witty reposts.
Just because one chimpanzee has learned to use a stone to crack nuts it doesn`t mean it`s not an ape ?
Pie
Simple rule would be;

When in debt, don't spend more money on players.

What is the point in signing up players when you have nowhere to play because you still haven't paid your tab off?
No wonder they're about to go bust, the people in charge of the club couldnt run a bath.

I almost spat out my cereal when I read the following line;

He hopes that as many as five individuals or organisations will come forward and donate the club between £10,000 and £25,000 next season and earn a place on the new football board.

Quick, rich people, throw £20k onto a sinking ship!
Malabus
Still have visions of all those sweet wrappers donated when Neil started a collection for Cheltenham Town Fc around 5/6 years ago. We don't forget and I hope Gloucester dies.
Ralph
they need $75k to work through this season at least not inc our money. Then they need it every year and they can't just keep on bumping and banging their way through each season. Its time to pull the plug on GCFC.. lets turn Gloucester ruby!

EMG sure don't love that club.. He could plug that gap each year if he did
Malabus
Ralph wrote:. lets turn Gloucester ruby!
Let's be honest it already is.
Surprised there isn't already a Cheltenham Town club shop at the Cross.
Neil
Ralph wrote:they need $75k to work through this season at least not inc our money. Then they need it every year and they can't just keep on bumping and banging their way through each season. Its time to pull the plug on GCFC.. lets turn Gloucester ruby!

EMG sure don't love that club.. He could plug that gap each year if he did
The Trust says that the £75K does include the rent to the club that rent the ground from Cheltenham Borough Council. Happy to help.
Malabus
Neil wrote:The Trust says that the £75K does include the rent to the club that rent the ground from Cheltenham Borough Council. Happy to help.
We paid for a 99 years lease,we don't pay rent, get your facts right.
Malabus
Donations to Gloucester, where do we send them.

My dog got a donation too.
Ralph
when i lived in gloucester i knew of 15 to 20 people that had season tickets in abbeymead and abbeydale. Would think that no's higher now
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
The Horse wrote:The whole "none of your business" thing has probably reached the end of its comedy value so it would be good to see that end now......

Now, the main point i came on to post....

Would you as a CTFC fan really want GCFC to fold?
Isnt one of the fun parts of football playing against your rivals?

I find it strange, given how desperate some (not all) supporters are trying to fabricate a rivalry with clubs such as oxford, rovers and swindon, despite none of them really being interested in CTFC due to rivalries built up elsewhere over years of league football, that many fans want to see the one real "rival" that the club has killed off and to disappear.

I also find it strange that people still consider the 2 clubs as rivals....but thats my opinion and another debate for another day.

Why be so keen for a rival but also want to see your one real one killed off?
I don't care what happens to Gloucester, I just want our rent money - we have a pitch to prepare and a squad to build and money is essential.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Neil wrote:
SouthportShouldHide wrote:
The Horse wrote:
I'd like to think I wouldn't particularly care if they folded or not. The friendly against them holds no interest for me. And a game in a Mickey Mouse local cup competition does nothing for me either. Being pitched against them in the FA Cup though, that would, for old times sake, fill me with excitement. So I guess I don't want them to fold.

Actually, I'd go one further. I'd quite like to see them do the impossible and spend one season up in the football league with us. But I think that's only because I'd like to imagine the response from any poor deluded fan when they find the average crowd goes up to just over 1,000 people and they have to share the terraces with 800 'wankers' who only started supporting Gloucester when they got promoted...!
You can put that in brackets but its true. I would hold no court with anyone like that, same as the 800 who came to the Orient game and not since. Wankers.
Good way to attract those 800 fans back to your games and bring money in the door!!!!!!
Ralph
Neil wrote:
SouthportShouldHide wrote:
The Horse wrote:
I'd like to think I wouldn't particularly care if they folded or not. The friendly against them holds no interest for me. And a game in a Mickey Mouse local cup competition does nothing for me either. Being pitched against them in the FA Cup though, that would, for old times sake, fill me with excitement. So I guess I don't want them to fold.

Actually, I'd go one further. I'd quite like to see them do the impossible and spend one season up in the football league with us. But I think that's only because I'd like to imagine the response from any poor deluded fan when they find the average crowd goes up to just over 1,000 people and they have to share the terraces with 800 'wankers' who only started supporting Gloucester when they got promoted...!
You can put that in brackets but its true. I would hold no court with anyone like that, same as the 800 who came to the Orient game and not since. Wankers.
Your doing your bit to bring the club down Neil. Your anger and hatred about anything and anybody is helping to destroy your club.. good man.. keep it up :lol:
Mr Wendal

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Neil
Good times.
Artemis
Both the recent articles highlighting GC's financial plight could be read as a thinly veiled threat to the city council to give them planning permission for the new ground - after which suddenly money will come flooding in from investors - or be seen to be the ones who caused the club to fold........
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
The Council will let them fold.

When future fans needed to boost the club are abused and called w@nkers by a leading figure in the GCFC community, what incentive is there for the council to want to save them....
Pie
Artemis wrote:Both the recent articles highlighting GC's financial plight could be read as a thinly veiled threat to the city council to give them planning permission for the new ground - after which suddenly money will come flooding in from investors - or be seen to be the ones who caused the club to fold........

:lol: :lol: :lol:
RTT
For people who state that they detest Gloucester City you spend an awful lot discussing them.

This thread is now boring and should be closed, well of topic
Pie
Oooh, watch out, Gloucester fans out in force!!!

More fans travelled from Morecambe!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Sprout Picker
Pie wrote:Oooh, watch out, Gloucester fans out in force!!!

More fans travelled from Morecambe!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Perhaps if they ever get a new ground they could just set up a bus shelter behind the goal - it ought to be sufficient for their needs.
Pie
Be interesting to see how many of the 355 attendees traveled from Corby.
Neil
Pie
So you were outnumbered then :lol:

At a "home" game :lol: :lol:
Malabus
RTT wrote:For people who state that they detest Gloucester City you spend an awful lot discussing them.

This thread is now boring and should be closed, well of topic
You wouldn't understand you are Scottish/Bristonian.
RTT
Malabus wrote:
I understand perfectly; I am not Bristolian, nor am I childish.
Malabus
RTT wrote:
Malabus wrote:
I understand perfectly; I am not Bristolian, nor am I childish.
Or understand light hearted banter...all part and parcel of the game. Only Cheltonians understand the rivalry against the filth over the Golden Valley. Cheer up RTT...it's summer!!!
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Malabus wrote:
Or understand light hearted banter...all part and parcel of the game. Only Cheltonians understand the rivalry against the filth over the Golden Valley. Cheer up RTT...it's summer!!!
RTT has obviously never experienced the displeasure of being in The Reddings or Benhall when the wind has been blowing the wrong way down the A40.
Neil
Pie wrote:So you were outnumbered then :lol:

At a "home" game :lol: :lol:
It's pointless getting a hard on over crowds, after all, you can only account for your own personal attendance at any given football match unless you're paying for other people to attend. Overall our gates are s#!t because the people of Gloucester, if they realise we have a team just naturally assume that they're s#!t and wouldn't dream of watching them.

The same applies to the team that you support. They Whilst they may be two divisions better than my team they have the advantage of the local media doing a proper job representing them whereas we don't.

Oh well.
MarkHalliwell
Neil wrote:Whilst they may be two divisions better than my team they have the advantage of the local media doing a proper job representing them whereas we don't.
Your team has previews and reports published for every game in your local newspaper and every game is mentioned on local radio as well, the same as CTFC.
Neil
MarkHalliwell wrote:
Neil wrote:Whilst they may be two divisions better than my team they have the advantage of the local media doing a proper job representing them whereas we don't.
Your team has previews and reports published for every game in your local newspaper and every game is mentioned on local radio as well, the same as CTFC.
Are we mentioned? Really? Haven't listened to it for years. We've suffered from previous sports editors in the local media pushing their personal interests ahead of their professional ones.

Oh.
MarkHalliwell
Does that include the one who paid you for use of reports and pictures and arranged press passes for you to get into away games??
51/84
media abuse again ^^
Malabus
Press pass....all coming out now, Vincent.
C.V
What is the point of this game??They owe us money why are we even giving them the chance to screw us even more.Wakey Wakey Paul Baker you are having the p!ss taken out of you and you cant see it.
Neil
MarkHalliwell wrote:Does that include the one who paid you for use of reports and pictures and arranged press passes for you to get into away games??
I never had press passes Mark, although I was paid, however what I wrote was often edited down which was disappointing.

That said, there was always at least twice as much in the Gloucester Citizen about CTFC, although there was nothing whatsoever in the front of the paper about goings on in Cheltenham. Odd that.