squatters !

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

everyman
How many friendlies are our unwelcome guests allowed pre-season ?
kags
Fair point! I'm sure last season it was only 1/2 and they have 3 scheduled this time at Whaddon Road. That's 6 games on the pitch combined before the real stuff even begins!
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Can't they play a friendly at seasons or on the rec?
everyman
kags wrote:Fair point! I'm sure last season it was only 1/2 and they have 3 scheduled this time at Whaddon Road. That's 6 games on the pitch combined before the real stuff even begins!
Terry Roberts needed 11weeks to create a decent surface for a busy season,he has had 7 weeks,so don`t anyone blame him if the pitch doesn`t last given that 2 clubs will be using it.
taxidave
One of their 3 scheduled friendlies is against Hereford but I believe that may have already been cancelled but if not Gloucester should do the honourable thing and call it off.
If it is played I cannot foresee many fans coming from Hereford and those that do will probably only turn up to demonstrate against the new owners so a larger than normal police presence may be required which will of course negate what little money is taken on the gate.
C.V
But as we are repeatedly told by Baker the club makes shed loads of money out of them in the club bar.Perhaps we should look at increasing prices just for there games and squeeze a bit more out of them.So don't knock them, there money is greatly appreciated.
Mr Wendal
C.V wrote:But as we are repeatedly told by Baker the club makes shed loads of money out of them in the club bar.Perhaps we should look at increasing prices just for there games and squeeze a bit more out of them.So don't knock them, there money is greatly appreciated.
All 8 of them :lol:
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
C.V wrote:But as we are repeatedly told by Baker the club makes shed loads of money out of them in the club bar.Perhaps we should look at increasing prices just for there games and squeeze a bit more out of them.So don't knock them, there money is greatly appreciated.
I don't think Mr Baker had ever said we make a shed load. More along the lines of any extra profit is welcome no matter how small.

Cut down on the hyperbole CV, does no one any favours.
London Exile
My real fear about the tiggers is the way they've hung on and clung on like chewing gum on a shoe and now in Tim Harris, IMO, they've a very good manager. They finally look like they've got their act together off the field and with them moving home next season I can see them in the conference premier in 2-3 years time
C.V
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:
I don't think Mr Baker had ever said we make a shed load. More along the lines of any extra profit is welcome no matter how small.

Not hyperbole :roll: he constantley tells us they take more behind the bar from them that what we do from our own fans.Its not me knocking our own fans
taxidave
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:

It has been mentioned on many occasions that the bar takings at City games exceeds that of ours, so I think C.V's post is quite accurate.
Neil
For the record there are three friendlies, one is against Newport at Cinderford, one is scheduled to be against Hereford but may not be played and the third is at the council owned stadium in Cheltenham against Bristol Rovers.
C.V
Its a shame your council dont share the same obligation to help you out in the same way isn't it.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Neil wrote:For the record there are three friendlies, one is against Newport at Cinderford, one is scheduled to be against Hereford but may not be played and the third is at the council owned stadium in Cheltenham against Bristol Rovers.
Paid for by Cheltenham tax payers. You didn't answer my question in the other post - do you think the people of Cheltenham should expect Gloucester City Council to collect waste and recycling and mow the grass of Montpellier Gardens?
Si Robin
Surely as lease holders the club actually pays for the upkeep and whatnot of the stadium.

Whilst the council may own it, it is the club that paid for and built the stands.
London Exile
Neil wrote:For the record there are three friendlies, one is against Newport at Cinderford, one is scheduled to be against Hereford but may not be played and the third is at the council owned stadium in Cheltenham against Bristol Rovers.
Much the same way EM owns Meadow Park
jaggy
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:You didn't answer my question in the other post - do you think the people of Cheltenham should expect Gloucester City Council to collect waste and recycling and mow the grass of Montpellier Gardens?
I am surprised at you Regency that you would think that the supporters of the squatters were actually capable of collecting and recycling- I suppose if you mean nick the lead and take it to the scrappy - then perhaps. As for mow the grass, that would be 2 steps too far for them I am sure
C.V
London Exile wrote:

And strings them along as he has done for ages.
Neil
London Exile wrote:
How many football clubs actually own their own grounds? There won't be many I'm sure.
Neil
C.V wrote:
London Exile wrote:

And strings them along as he has done for ages.
He's spent a lot of money doing that hasn't he?
Laurence
Neil wrote:He's spent a lot of money doing that hasn't he?
It doesn't look like he's been spending it on getting Gloucester City playing in Gloucester. The first planning application, when it eventually came, was quickly dismissed and your owner has passed up a couple of opportunities to move away from Meadow Park to elsewhere in the city, which suggests his priority isn't getting Gloucester back in Gloucester. Why should he though when he apparently has such good tickets to the rugby?
Neil
He could've f#!$ us off years ago if he wanted to.
C.V
Neil wrote:He could've f#!$ us off years ago if he wanted to.

Why should he.Where else would he find a place to store all his refuse bins and skip containers in the City.Open your eyes he doesn't give a toss about your couple of hundred fans.Hes been taking you lot for ride.
everyman
London Exile wrote:My real fear about the tiggers is the way they've hung on and clung on like chewing gum on a shoe and now in Tim Harris, IMO, they've a very good manager. They finally look like they've got their act together off the field and with them moving home next season I can see them in the conference premier in 2-3 years time
where did you learn that they are moving next season,i very much doubt it.
C.V
Just a pipe dream this new stadium malarky hes got to find some where else for his skips and rubbish bins first they wont be going back any time soon.Clever bloke that Irish chap take over a football club let it run down hey presto got all the land he needs for his buisness why would he want to be looking for other premises in Gloucester at more cost when its there on his doorstep and he owns it.
Neil
Thats what I'm going to do when I win the lottery, I'm going to buy Cheltenham Town FC and take them to the Hellenic League. Would you be calling me a clever chap then?
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Neil wrote:Thats what I'm going to do when I win the lottery, I'm going to buy Cheltenham Town FC and take them to the Hellenic League. Would you be calling me a clever chap then?
If you used good business acumen and decisions to enhance your wealth by using WR for a profit making purpose then yes.

If you just did as you suggest using lucky lottery money and nothing else then no.

The fact you compare two completely different things as if they are the same suggest the former is beyond your capabilities.
Neil
Why are you answering a question that I've put to CV?

Rude people interrupt.
C.V
Neil wrote:Thats what I'm going to do when I win the lottery, I'm going to buy Cheltenham Town FC and take them to the Hellenic League. Would you be calling me a clever chap then?

No l would be calling you a ***t.But then again it wont happen to us as you repeatedly tell us our ground is owned by the council :o
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
If you want to restrict your conversation to just CV then PM him.

Anything in a public thread is allowed to be responded to by anyone.

Also, interruption suggests a conversation is underway. If you class this forum as conversation then I feel sorry for you.

More realistically - you once again have no intelligent response to a good comment so resort to insults. Poor form.
Neil
C.V wrote:

No l would be calling you a ***t.But then again it wont happen to us as you repeatedly tell us our ground is owned by the council :o
You don't like us do you Kev? :)
Neil
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:If you want to restrict your conversation to just CV then PM him.

Also, interruption suggests a conversation is underway. If you class this forum as conversation then I feel sorry for you.

More realistically - you once again have no intelligent response to a good comment so resort to insults. Poor form.
Bellend.
C.V
No not really probably down to you thinking we owe you something when in reality we have bent over backwards to help you out.We all know if the roles were reversed you would be ramming it down our throats at every opportunity.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Neil wrote:
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:If you want to restrict your conversation to just CV then PM him.

Bellend.
Any chance of a more adult reply?
Daveangel
I very much doubt the Hereford game will go ahead, meaning we will only use the pitch once pre season.

Believe it or not, I think this is an excellent thing, as I, like all City fans, want the pitch to stay in as good a condition as possible throughout the season as this benefits not just you, but us also.

Roll on a trip to Evesham on Thursday!