Season tickets 2020/21: latest update from the club

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

CTFC Official
https://www.ctfc.com/news/2020/october/ ... ---202021/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Andy
Quick question that’s not clear. If we donated it all and stadiums reopened do we get the season ticket back for rest of season?

Likewise if we asked for full or partial refund, and things did reopen l, can we purchase a part season ticket / still be treated as priority entry if it’s reduced capacity.

The way things sound from the email though is you really aren’t expecting things to reopen.

Cheers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Artemis
Two things: the club isn't expecting any spectators at all for the whole season. Second, with that in mind, its trying to get a better understanding of what its liabilities might be regarding refunds so it can plan ahead.
Andy
Two things. Totally understand club trying to get an idea of their liabilities. Second, I’m trying to get an idea of my liabilities and what I’m potentially giving up or not should things change so I can plan ahead and make an informed decision.

RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Good that the club has shown this flexibility.

Happy for the club to keep my money as a donation. I have paid it, and written it off so no longer a liability for me.

But it is absolutely essential that those who need the refund get a full refund.

Let’s hope a cup run with prize money and TV money.

Also, I wonder if the Government/FA/EFL are planning to compensate for lost ST revenue so all clubs are doing this so that they can let the authorities know how much each club has to refund.
itsallbollox
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:Good that the club has shown this flexibility.

Happy for the club to keep my money as a donation. I have paid it, and written it off so no longer a liability for me.

But it is absolutely essential that those who need the refund get a full refund.

Also, I wonder if the Government/FA/EFL are planning to compensate for lost ST revenue so all clubs are doing this so that they can let the authorities know how much each club has to refund.
Agree RCS, I have just emailed the club to donate my money to the club, as for the
government they would rather keep their money to help pay for the cheap larger and prawn sandwiches in the houses of parliament.
51/84
totally impressed by this approach

We need to make sure other people not just football clubs know what CTFC are doing
How many other clubs are looking to do this type of thing
So those that have been in financial difficulties will get bailed out but because we have run a tight ship we will get much less of a handout if there is one.
So when we return to a new normal will all the clubs change their ways
I very much doubt it
But well done CTFC

I would have sent my full refund to the club already but I was not sure who to email unless I had missed it somewhere

Perhaps someone from the club can say what the best email to respond to is
Robin
I'm also fine to donate my season ticket money but would like to understand what happens when (if?) fans are allowed to return. Several vaccines are supposedly close and I hear companies are being told they can plan to have staff back in offices by March so you'd imagine fans back at sports should happen before the season is out - yes I know there are still many variables with this virus.
everyman
If one donated full S.T. Back to club what about ticket priority for any big home F.A.C. MATCH ?
Ihearye
Have to agree with Andy, would like to know what happens IF fans are allowed back in, in some way. Sad to hear that the club does not think it will happen this season. Will also donate the full ticket, as like others have said - it's gone anyway.
Malabus

What I thought regarding to your last paragraph.

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk
Ihearye
Malabus wrote:

If that were the case, then why would the club be asking us if we want to donate our payments? Would it not just be easier, to say we are returning all, then get that sum in compensation? Or am I missing something obvious?
Malabus
Ihearye wrote:
Malabus wrote:

If that were the case, then why would the club be asking us if we want to donate our payments? Would it not just be easier, to say we are returning all, then get that sum in compensation? Or am I missing something obvious?
True.

Andy
Another question.

I see that the wording is slightly different regarding ifollow codes.

If asking for pro rata refund, you get “ifollow code for every home league matches”

If donating all season ticket, you get “free match pass to watch every home game on ifollow”. So does that include cup matches or is it just a incorrectly worded?