Shout out to 51/84

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

RegencyCheltenhamSpa
That popular former RNFer always used to retell B Gould’s mantra that it is 51 points to stay up and 84 to go up.

Our current points per game ratio would see us on 84.3 points after 46 games. He would be pleased!

20 more wins gets us to 82 points....it won’t be long til this season’s countdown thread.
51/84
Well done for remembering that RCS
Lets get the 51 first then worry about 84
but why not go high and say 100
I think to achieve either we need to pick up a dan holman type signing in the window or Alfie may returns to last season scoring form
I dont suppose we have much money in the bank at the next window
Robin
Alfie looked really good today so hopefully he is getting back to top form.

Still a long way to go but I do think we will be right up there - I say that anticipating us to drop some points as our next 3 look like a tough run and I would take six points now.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Robin wrote:Alfie looked really good today so hopefully he is getting back to top form.

Still a long way to go but I do think we will be right up there - I say that anticipating us to drop some points as our next 3 look like a tough run and I would take six points now.
Six points every three games is more points per game than what we are currently on. Do that for the remaining fixtures and we hit 90 points.

Great to see 51/84 posting in response. Good insight and perspective as always!