Nailsworth

Talk about other football teams at all levels. AND ANY Glos City related threads, even if talking about the groundsharing.

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Shade
That non-league club masquerading as a League Two club have scored two goals deep in injury time in two games this season, for a win on Saturday and to take Bristol City to penalties tonight. Some things never change.
longmover
they haven't even crossed my mind so far this season, out of sight and all that.
Shade
One thing I suppose is that both Gloucestershire clubs were victorious over both Bristol clubs last night.
Shade
Good old Swindle, saw them off 0-2 on Sky this lunchtime (I've just seen). Not really been paying much attention to League 2 as it's beneath us now...but they're currently the top 2.
ctfc-fan
I thought FGR would be further ahead of the chasing pack but nice to see they’re only just ahead and plenty of time for the wheels to come off as per every year previous.

Salford aren’t exactly doing well either for the owners.
little mo
Shade wrote:Good old Swindle, saw them off 0-2 on Sky this lunchtime (I've just seen). Not really been paying much attention to League 2 as it's beneath us now...but they're currently the top 2.
I watched this game on Sky. It was a good watch actually. Two teams playing good football,very impressive from both sides,but Swindon deserved the win. They have a couple of useful players up front,and on that evidence i suspect they will be right up there at the end of the season.
Shade
ctfc-fan wrote:I thought FGR would be further ahead of the chasing pack but nice to see they’re only just ahead and plenty of time for the wheels to come off as per every year previous.

The bottom 7 or 8 teams in League 2 shouldn't be anywhere near there really. Terrible mis-management from top to bottom, I assume.
longmover
Shade wrote:
ctfc-fan wrote:I thought FGR would be further ahead of the chasing pack but nice to see they’re only just ahead and plenty of time for the wheels to come off as per every year previous.

The bottom 7 or 8 teams in League 2 shouldn't be anywhere near there really. Terrible mis-management from top to bottom, I assume.
Most of those teams were there or thereabouts for relegation last season, Colchester were / are awful, how Harry Pell got a transfer to Accrington is one of the mysteries of the world.
Chris FGR
Interesting to see Andy Wilcox in our directors box again today, rumours he might be joining our board.
Ralph
Chris FGR wrote: 01 Jan 2022, 17:08 Interesting to see Andy Wilcox in our directors box again today, rumours he might be joining our board.
It's been a rumour for a while. He'll be a good asset for you. He should never have been forced out here
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Ralph wrote: 01 Jan 2022, 19:26
Chris FGR wrote: 01 Jan 2022, 17:08 Interesting to see Andy Wilcox in our directors box again today, rumours he might be joining our board.
It's been a rumour for a while. He'll be a good asset for you. He should never have been forced out here
Seems a bit odd. I assume Vince needs more sponsorship to comply with Financial Fair Play and that Wilcox wanted a Board place in return. Not sure what he offers them to be honest.

Cannot see the two of them agreeing on much.