Doncaster Rovers v Cheltenham Town

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Shade wrote:Come on! 7 mins to get an equaliser.
:shock: :o

Surely not?
Shade
Ridiculous time wasting. We should have won this by a couple of goals. Their keeper not only holds onto the ball for 20+ seconds and, to me, looks to handle it putsode the area every time.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
How bad was this miss?

“90+7'
Attempt missed. Andy Williams (Cheltenham Town) right footed shot from the centre of the box misses to the left. Assisted by Kyle Joseph with a headed pass.“
CTFCfan99
That's one of the weirdest games I've ever seen. So poor yet somehow feel like we should have won. Good to see them give it a right go in the last 30, bit of positivity to take from it.
Shade
Just an extra 1min 20 added on to the 7 minutes. Ridiculous given the game was stopped for well over 2 minutes. 3 points missed today rather than 1.
Shade
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:How bad was this miss?

“90+7'
Attempt missed. Andy Williams (Cheltenham Town) right footed shot from the centre of the box misses to the left. Assisted by Kyle Joseph with a headed pass.“
Overhead kick, made the chance himself, 5 or 6 yards wide. Certainly wasn't a sitter!
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Shade wrote:
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:How bad was this miss?

“90+7'
Overhead kick, made the chance himself, 5 or 6 yards wide. Certainly wasn't a sitter!
Cheers. I wish they bloody put ‘overhead kick’ in the one sentence description.
Shade
CTFCfan99 wrote:That's one of the weirdest games I've ever seen. So poor yet somehow feel like we should have won. Good to see them give it a right go in the last 30, bit of positivity to take from it.
Exactly. It still felt like we were poor in the last 25 mins but just 2 of our chances went in at last against a struggling team.

At least we made the score kind of respectable, 3-2 away looks OK...
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Duff also said pre match that Doncaster created loads of chances in both their last two games. Like all teams, after missing loads or chances every week today was finally a day when they went in.

We got five on target for 18 shots. They had four from nine.

Still, a good week all in all. We are 13th, six points off the play offs.
HamTown
Sure but it felt like today we missed key moments:

- vassells 2 chances early on
- Sercs under side of the bar shot
- the penalty miss
- the follow up

As for their time wasting, good god. 3 - 1 up 20 mins to go and they're feigning cramps and injury
Nesty
Before the season started we talked of "fine margins" and that we would need to convert a higher % of chances and reduce the number of mistakes, and expect the opposition to do the converse. Today's performance enhanced those sentiments.
CTFCfan99
Not too disappointed in the end after that. At 3-0 it looked like Sunderland 2.0 but we had a real go and, honestly, with the chances we had we should've taken all three points never mind just one. I can't remember Donny having a real chance other than their goals which they did take very well, and that's the difference.

I feel for Norton a bit, seems like this season's Vassilev - only gets a chance when we're chasing the game. George Lloyd didn't come off the bench again for Vale today, can't help but think we might as well have kept him here instead of Norton.
horlickfanclub
I will second that
HamTown
Thirded. His pressing, tenacity and ability to win a header would have been an asset where as Norton just couldn't get in to it again
everyman
HamTown wrote:Thirded. His pressing, tenacity and ability to win a header would have been an asset where as Norton just couldn't get in to it again
Norton has had a slow start after his delayed arrival, he might be going back to his club in Jan. unless he suddenly finds some form and looks as though he wants to be here ?
Ben version 4:0
There is a long way to go yet but never forget that the majesty of sagacity that was Ben3 (he who last season not only predicted where would finish, but even the hour and minute it would be resolved) predicted we would finish 14th this season, one place away from where we currently sit
Hubert Parry
Haven't watched the match in full but have seen the highlights.

We are a lower mid table team at present - consistent with our inconsistency.

A bit like Fleetwood, yesterday feels like unnecessary points dropped, which is strange when you were 3-0 down. Really basic and unDufflike errors our undoing.

The sooner we can get Boyle back to any sort of consistency on the field, the better. We look flakey at the back.

I wonder if a good performance from Evans on Tuesday might see a return to the league team?
little mo
Hubert Parry wrote:Haven't watched the match in full but have seen the highlights.

We are a lower mid table team at present - consistent with our inconsistency.

A bit like Fleetwood, yesterday feels like unnecessary points dropped, which is strange when you were 3-0 down. Really basic and unDufflike errors our undoing.

The sooner we can get Boyle back to any sort of consistency on the field, the better. We look flakey at the back.

I wonder if a good performance from Evans on Tuesday might see a return to the league team?
Why? Flinders was not the problem yesterday.
Benctfc
We were so bad for an hour I don't think we can blame anyone but ourselves for getting nothing from yesterday. The diamond formation got exposed easily you can get away with it at Whaddon Road but at these bigger grounds and wider pitches you will be found out like we were yesterday. Our midfield were passengers and our press was non existent.

I thought Pollock was good again IF we can get him and Boyle together for the majority of the season we will not threaten relegation, However I still have worries if Boyle is out for longer than expected.

The season has a bit of a feel to the start of Duff's reign where we were good at home but seemed to have a mentality problem of playing away. Be interesting to see how he fixes this as the home and away form is chalk and cheese at the moment.
Ben version 4:0
:lol:

Whaddon road is bigger than the Donny pitch :lol: :lol:
longmover
Not much more to say on Saturday just very disappointing that we went into a game with a team that are bottom of the league and made them look like Liverpool (in the first half), the big pitch seems to be our achilleas heal, also their keeper should have had two yellows for his time wasting it was the worst I've ever seen.

Although the Keepmoat is only 15k it makes you realize how small WR is :lol:
everyman
Just to clear up any confusion,Donny pitch is 105 x 68 m,ours is 101 x 65 m.