Plymouth Argyle v Cheltenham Town

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

RegencyCheltenhamSpa
little mo wrote: 23 Mar 2022, 13:29
horlickfanclub wrote: 23 Mar 2022, 12:26 The first goal was poor by Raglan and Evans not just " a good finish". Where was Long and Wright on the move?
Second goal was a great strike but when the ball was knocked back our players stood still and admired Mayors having a free swing. Dozy play. Rose tinted specs were worn in the dugout last night.
As others have said, Blair was playing well so why move him ? Bonkers.
From some of your recent comments you obviously don't rate Duffo.Would you like to tell us why.
I assume because Duff talks more intellectually and philosophically about shapes, numbers, data, tactical tweaks, systems, fitness like all good modern managers. Whereas some ‘traditional’ football fans think it’s a simple game 442 hoof out wide and chuck in to the box.

Can’t see any other reason for knocking our record breaking manager who is massively overachieving for our resources.
longmover
tbf last night was free hit, time to experiment.
horlickfanclub
Michael Duff has done a great job. Last night he commented on some players weaknesses but seemed to either miss or choose not to comment on defensive mistakes. I think he is an excellent Manager but none of us are perfect.
Biggest thing to avoid in life is to assume.
plymrob
I've got say that I think "beat us comfortably" is a little harsh. Second half we were mostly better, but, yes, we were never likely to score two.. For me, they looked a bang average but better than most team - putting them into the play offs... (with 12000 mostly quiet, for long periods, last night, behind them).

Chalk and cheese...? based on last night, I'm thinking we are doing fine...
Fuller
I thought Plymouth hardly got out of second gear in the second half. They seemed happy to sit on their two goal lead.
It was a reasonably good overall performance by our lads.
Still interesting to see how many of the current squad will be with us next season. Can we make the next step or will it be a season of struggle? Could go either way I reckon.
plymrob
On reflection, I'm probably with Fuller... they scored two good goals and it did feel they were probably unlikely to concede. I enjoyed celebrating the offside goal though! We were OK too..., and not turned over. I've seen us worse here (more than once)!