Best goals seen at WR

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Ben version 4:0
Todays goal was a very good one. So the obvious question is...what's the best goal you've seen at WR?

I'll accept the quality of goal, but the importance will be allowed as a contributory factor
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Grayson v Plymouth

Watch from 8 seconds in:

https://youtu.be/_JCXUjhkKIg
Si Robin
Chris Greenacre's for Mansfield in 2001 will take some beating.

For Cheltenham, I remember Damian Spencer scoring a screamer against Bournemouth in a pre-season friendly.
asl
An obvious choice from RCS that would not be good enough to win a round on Pointless - but I would offer you a blockbuster from Archie Howells from well outside the box at the Whaddon Road end, with almost the last kick of the first half *I think* against Bournemouth (but I may be wrong.) Despite the distance it had to travel, that ball was hit so hard that it was still rising as it buried itself in the top corner.

Sent from my SM-G9860 using Tapatalk

Robin
Has to be Grayson vs Plymouth for me but agree about Greenacre goal, very Beckham esq.
asl
I've been wracking my brains trying to remember the name of the Kiddy player who scored an absolute belter against Booky. He was almost on the touch-line by the Wyman's Road stand when he let it fly. I recall he got a smattering of applause from The Paddock when he was subbed off a while later as it really was one helluva goal.

Sent from my SM-G9860 using Tapatalk

Nesty
Callum Wright's goal vs Tranmere
CS85
Ollie Norburn's late equaliser for Bristol rovers was a hell of a goal.
From a ctfc player will have to go along with graysons vs Plymouth.
Shade
Sido Jombati's own goal v Aldershot :lol:

Amari Morgan-Smith v Wrexham.

Let's see if anyone can remember this one and give me a name: can't remember who scored it or who for, but a guy hit one from way out into the top corner of the WR end against us. I have a feeling Amankwaah was their right back. The player was black and I think was fairly young at the time. Maybe Bristol City? Think we lost the game comfortably, they were a league above maybe, it was early in the season...so maybe a League Cup tie, but I can't find it in the results and I've gone back to 2003 so possibly even a friendly.
Si Robin
Jombati's og was against Dagenham wasn't it? Last day of the 13/14 season?
Shade
Daggers or the Shots, yeah, knew I'd pick the wrong one. It was the last day. I got a hideous chest infection as I got wet walking to the game and froze my tits off for the next 3 hours, and went on holiday the next day. Never to be forgotten.
Another_FoD_Robin
Dave Bird against Tranmere is from outside of the box wasn’t bad either.