Stadium Name

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Shade
Don't think I have seen it mentioned on here but JP tweeted last week that there will be a new sponsor for the ground next season, so no more Johnny-Rocks Stadium (thankfully).

Obviously, we all still call it Whaddon Rd and know about the Victory Sports Ground. With that in mind, what would you like the ground to be (officially) called? Realistically. Obviously it isn't going to be The Emirates or The Etihad Cheltenham...

Bence's? And they'll sort out the PRE and Main Stand on the cheap? :lol:
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Visit Cayman Islands Stadium. Given one of our two main shareholders is based there, and Visit Cayman Islands sponsors Gloucestershire Cricket and the Cheltenham Cricket Festival it is not beyond possibility.
Shade
Does seem like a possibility. The only other one that would seem like an obvious shout would be Mira, but given they're the shirt sponsors I'm guessing that's less likely.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
If no takers we could all chip in for the ‘RNF Arena’
ctfc-fan
I’d be interested to know what the cost of the naming rights are, I can’t think Jonny Rocks we’re paying that much.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
‘f#!$ Forest Green Stadium’
Artemis
ctfc-fan wrote: 12 Apr 2022, 17:02 I’d be interested to know what the cost of the naming rights are, I can’t think Jonny Rocks we’re paying that much.
My understanding was they won the naming rights in a raffle.....can't recall how much a ticket was....then again, I might well be wrong....
ctfc-fan
Artemis wrote:
ctfc-fan wrote: 12 Apr 2022, 17:02 I’d be interested to know what the cost of the naming rights are, I can’t think Jonny Rocks we’re paying that much.
My understanding was they won the naming rights in a raffle.....can't recall how much a ticket was....then again, I might well be wrong....
That’s the stands, not the stadium. I seem to remember hearing they got it for low £xx.xxx which is a steal IMHO.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
ctfc-fan wrote: 12 Apr 2022, 20:28
Artemis wrote:
That’s the stands, not the stadium. I seem to remember hearing they got it for low £xx.xxx which is a steal IMHO.
I wonder if the naming rights are worth more now we are L1. More away fans. Higher up the running order on final score, the highlights show (which is moving to ITV) and in newspaper reports. Etc.
longmover
Artemis wrote:

Quelle Surprise
asl
As a sponsorship opportunity, JR does make a certain amount of sense. Need to hire a limo? Let me think...I might know someone who can help. Makes an awful lot more sense than a company that builds level crossings... I imagine fewer people wake up and decide they need one of those. Dowty Landing Gear often used to sponsor matches and stuff. We always knew exactly where to go when we needed a new front wheel for our planes...

Sent from my SM-G9860 using Tapatalk

RegencyCheltenhamSpa
asl wrote: 13 Apr 2022, 09:22 As a sponsorship opportunity, JR does make a certain amount of sense. Need to hire a limo? Let me think...I might know someone who can help. Makes an awful lot more sense than a company that builds level crossings... I imagine fewer people wake up and decide they need one of those. Dowty Landing Gear often used to sponsor matches and stuff. We always knew exactly where to go when we needed a new front wheel for our planes...

Same with Helipebs hydraulic actuation. Think their hoarding has gone now but I will always know who to contact for hydraulic systems when I need them.
longmover
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote: 13 Apr 2022, 10:56
asl wrote: 13 Apr 2022, 09:22 As a sponsorship opportunity, JR does make a certain amount of sense. Need to hire a limo? Let me think...I might know someone who can help. Makes an awful lot more sense than a company that builds level crossings... I imagine fewer people wake up and decide they need one of those. Dowty Landing Gear often used to sponsor matches and stuff. We always knew exactly where to go when we needed a new front wheel for our planes...

Same with Helipebs hydraulic actuation. Think their hoarding has gone now but I will always know who to contact for hydraulic systems when I need them.
it works though, as you're talking about it.
Shade
Artemis wrote:
Wasn't it a raffle where companies/people put in £100 or £500 or something and whoever won got to name the stand? So yeah, £100 or whatever it was is a steal, but I have no idea how many entered.
ctfc-fan
Shade wrote:
Artemis wrote: My understanding was they won the naming rights in a raffle.....can't recall how much a ticket was....then again, I might well be wrong....
Wasn't it a raffle where companies/people put in £100 or £500 or something and whoever won got to name the stand? So yeah, £100 or whatever it was is a steal, but I have no idea how many entered.
As above, that was the stands not stadium.
Shade
ctfc-fan wrote: 14 Apr 2022, 11:17
Shade wrote:
As above, that was the stands not stadium.
I thought you were talking about the stands. That's why I said stand :)