Huge Game this Saturday

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Si Robin
Having had a goal taken off them in the awarding of said penalty. Absolutely dreadful refereeeing, though it does mean Accringotn now have no senior centre-backs available as their only one remaining was sent off in the incident.
Ihearye wrote: 08 Feb 2023, 12:40 Sadly we are now in the situation of wanting the to do us a favour on saturday
Currently, we don't need any favours, safety is entirely in our own hands.
little mo
Si Robin wrote: 08 Feb 2023, 13:42 Having had a goal taken off them in the awarding of said penalty. Absolutely dreadful refereeeing, though it does mean Accringotn now have no senior centre-backs available as their only one remaining was sent off in the incident.
Ihearye wrote: 08 Feb 2023, 12:40 Sadly we are now in the situation of wanting the to do us a favour on saturday
Oh s#!t!! So it is. :D
Ihearye
Si Robin wrote: 08 Feb 2023, 13:42 Having had a goal taken off them in the awarding of said penalty. Absolutely dreadful refereeeing, though it does mean Accringotn now have no senior centre-backs available as their only one remaining was sent off in the incident.
No comment
Horteng
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote: 08 Feb 2023, 12:49
Horteng wrote: 08 Feb 2023, 11:59 I think we should look back at last 6-10 games form as that's more current than looking back nearly 30 games.
So at the end of the season you would rather ignore the final league table and just promote and relegate teams based on the last six to 10 games of the season?
Yeah if that's how you interpret my comment
everyman
Nesty wrote: 07 Feb 2023, 10:43 Every game between now and the end of the season is huge ...........
When we play teams around us who like us don`t have the best players one of the deciding factors in games will be desire motivation and fitness,i hope we will have enough of those qualities to see us through a tough relegation fight.
longmover
everyman wrote: 09 Feb 2023, 09:38
Nesty wrote: 07 Feb 2023, 10:43 Every game between now and the end of the season is huge ...........
When we play teams around us who like us don`t have the best players one of the deciding factors in games will be desire motivation and fitness,i hope we will have enough of those qualities to see us through a tough relegation fight.
tbf our desire and motivation have been sadly / embarrassingly lacking when playing teams around us in the league.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
longmover wrote: 09 Feb 2023, 10:28
tbf our desire and motivation have been sadly / embarrassingly lacking when playing teams around us in the league.
Or desire and motivation were there, but application lacking.
Ihearye
longmover wrote: 09 Feb 2023, 10:28
Fair appraisal e.g fgr, Bristol Rovers, Burton,
everyman
shevates wrote: 07 Feb 2023, 17:39 Just look at the form guide the last 6 games played 6 won zero drawn 1 lost 5 points 1

Bottom but one only FGRZ below us with zilch
An ex Ctfc. manager once told me the league starts for real after Christmas,i hope our results improve now or we are in trouble the current form table doesn`t lie ?
Ihearye
everyman wrote: 10 Feb 2023, 09:54
shevates wrote: 07 Feb 2023, 17:39 Just look at the form guide the last 6 games played 6 won zero drawn 1 lost 5 points 1

An ex Ctfc. manager once told me the league starts for real after Christmas,i hope our results improve now or we are in trouble the current form table doesn`t lie ?
No need to panic. We are in a similar position points wise as last year, then we went on a great run. So it is only a matter of time until we do the same again this year. Or so the logic goes on here
Ihearye
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote: 07 Feb 2023, 19:28

Luckily the season is, so far, 28 games in not 6.

We might win the last six games of the season and come fifth bottom. We’d be top of the six game form table, but 20th in the 46 game form table which is the one that counts.
If we continue with our form shown this season, to date, then it will take it to be the weakest league one in years for us to stay up. That may be the case, that it is a poor league. However we are depending on it
Shade
Ihearye wrote: 10 Feb 2023, 11:24

We might win the last six games of the season and come fifth bottom. We’d be top of the six game form table, but 20th in the 46 game form table which is the one that counts.
If we continue with our form shown this season, to date, then it will take it to be the weakest league one in years for us to stay up. That may be the case, that it is a poor league. However we are depending on it
Exactly the same can be said for all of the teams below us. Their form so far has seen them where they are, as well. Yes, the likelihood is that 2 or 3 teams will improve over the remaining games and pull themselves clear. Every team and their fans hope that they're one of them, including us.
Ihearye
Shade wrote: 10 Feb 2023, 11:27

Exactly the same can be said for all of the teams below us. Their form so far has seen them where they are, as well. Yes, the likelihood is that 2 or 3 teams will improve over the remaining games and pull themselves clear. Every team and their fans hope that they're one of them, including us.
Indeed, like I said we may be fortunate in that it is just a weak league one this year
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Ihearye wrote: 10 Feb 2023, 12:03
Indeed, like I said we may be fortunate in that it is just a weak league one this year
Last year Fleetwood stayed up with 40 points. I suspect we will need more this season, so an argument that last year league one was was weaker than this season.

Our current points per game would be 47.6 points over a season. Would have been enough in the last two seasons but maybe not this.
Fuller

Some teams below us have already started to improve. Since late December Morecambe have won four home league games on the trot and Burton have won four of their last six league matches. We’ve won just one game.
We’re a weak team in a weak league.
Ihearye
Fleetwood's escape was the only time in the last 7 full seasons that 47 points would have been enough to stay up. We could be looking for that to happen again. In a normal year we would be looking to find another 22 points. Right now I can't see where they would come from.
Shade
Fuller wrote: 10 Feb 2023, 14:03
Some teams below us have already started to improve. Since late December Morecambe have won four home league games on the trot and Burton have won four of their last six league matches. We’ve won just one game.
A bit of context on our recent poor run, which has included 3 of the last 4 games against teams currently in the top 5, and the games Morecambe won (convincingly, yes) in January, all at home:
Burton
Accrington
Bristol Rovers
Cheltenham (looking at the run they have been on at home and how many they have scored against the other teams, losing 2-1 there doesn't seem like such a terrible result).

However, their two away games, they went to Derby and Ipswich and got absolutely hammered 4's and 5's. We haven't fallen apart at home or away against any of the big clubs. Biggest defeat against them being 3-0 at Sheff Weds. And we have our own against teams like Burton, Accrington, Fleetwood, FGR at home still to come, as well as a few of them away. Morecambe can't play Accrington, Burton, Gas or us at home again...

We'll see about Burton. They've had 2 decent results off the back of two hammerings and being put out of the cup by League 2 Grimsby. Could be the start of a run or a false dawn. Seem to remember FGR having a few good results a while ago and getting off the bottom of the table. Now they are 5 points adrift of 23rd.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Shade wrote: 10 Feb 2023, 15:06
Fuller wrote: 10 Feb 2023, 14:03

A bit of context on our recent poor run, which has included 3 of the last 4 games against teams currently in the top 5, and the games Morecambe won (convincingly, yes) in January, all at home:
Burton
Accrington
Bristol Rovers
Cheltenham (looking at the run they have been on at home and how many they have scored against the other teams, losing 2-1 there doesn't seem like such a terrible result).

However, their two away games, they went to Derby and Ipswich and got absolutely hammered 4's and 5's. We haven't fallen apart at home or away against any of the big clubs. Biggest defeat against them being 3-0 at Sheff Weds. And we have our own against teams like Burton, Accrington, Fleetwood, FGR at home still to come, as well as a few of them away. Morecambe can't play Accrington, Burton, Gas or us at home again...

We'll see about Burton. They've had 2 decent results off the back of two hammerings and being put out of the cup by League 2 Grimsby. Could be the start of a run or a false dawn. Seem to remember FGR having a few good results a while ago and getting off the bottom of the table. Now they are 5 points adrift of 23rd.
Bottom seven clubs go on fits and starts but on the whole will lose more than they win. Morecambe could easily go on a 15 game winless run now.
Broadway Brian
We need a 12th man on Saturday. We don’t know what the next X games hold for us or anyone else, but we’re in a pretty damaging run results-wise.

Hoping the Tewkesbury firm get everyone going and give the players a lift throughout.

Come on boys.
Fuller
Broadway Brian wrote: 10 Feb 2023, 19:51 We need a 12th man on Saturday. We don’t know what the next X games hold for us or anyone else, but we’re in a pretty damaging run results-wise.

Hoping the Tewkesbury firm get everyone going and give the players a lift throughout.

Come on boys.
Too right BB. The atmosphere at the Port Vale game was almost non existent, it was so quiet that at one stage I could clearly hear the ref talking to one of their players whilst the game was in motion, and they were both 50 yards away from my seat!
We need a positive start, get the supporters onside from the first minute.
Garby74
All the stats...all the form...all the good performance mean nothing.
The next two games will define our season.
Make no mistake.
I hope the boys can handle the pressure.
little mo
Garby74 wrote: 11 Feb 2023, 07:25 All the stats...all the form...all the good performance mean nothing.
Make no mistake.
100% agree,because after those two games,well look away now.
Malabus
And a another predictable outcome.

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk

RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Garby74 wrote: 11 Feb 2023, 07:25 All the stats...all the form...all the good performance mean nothing.
Make no mistake.
May couldn’t handle the pressure.
Ihearye
[

[/quote]
[/quote]

Burton
Accrington
Bristol Rovers

[/quote]

Shade, my context I is. I would much rather we got dicked by derby , Sheffield wed but picked up wins against the other teams. Not much point in being heroic losers then not being able to put away teams as poor as Acc. Just my preference