Huge game NEXT Saturday!

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

paperboy
See Barnsley have sold there initial allocation of 1055 for the Hazlewoods Stand.
After 3 points at Cambridge I'll take a point although I think they'll be a few goals.
Malabus
Hope the media concentrate on the game rather than Michael Duff's return.

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk

Si Robin
Bloody hell Mal, that is some very wishful thinking
Horteng
Malabus wrote: 12 Feb 2023, 14:56 Hope the media concentrate on the game rather than Michael Duff's return.

Duff’s return will provide some much needed light in these dark times IMO.

Watching some of his Interviews back a couple of days ago. Wow what a breath of fresh air to listen to he was.
ctfc-fan
Horteng wrote:
Malabus wrote: 12 Feb 2023, 14:56 Hope the media concentrate on the game rather than Michael Duff's return.

Watching some of his Interviews back a couple of days ago. Wow what a breath of fresh air to listen to he was.
Really? I thought he was very monotone and boring in a lot of his interviews
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
ctfc-fan wrote: 12 Feb 2023, 21:49
Horteng wrote:

Deflection and full of cliches. I think it is reverse snobbery from Horteng. Duff is a gobby Yorkshireman so is “a football man” whereas Wade is more intellectual sounding and softly spoken. I personally find Wade’s interviews interesting.
little mo
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote: 12 Feb 2023, 21:59
Horteng wrote:

Deflection and full of cliches. I think it is reverse snobbery from Horteng. Duff is a gobby Yorkshireman so is “a football man” whereas Wade is more intellectual sounding and softly spoken. I personally find Wade’s interviews interesting.
"a gobby Yorkshireman", wow,can i suggest that is a disrespectful comment to make about Mr Duff.
Horteng
Horteng wrote:

Its certainly soft.... I don't class the umming and ahhing every other word as intellectual though.
shevates
Horteng wrote:

More importantly I found Duffs football much better
longmover
Hopefully this Saturday will be our Sunderland (h) from last season, about the same time of year wasn't it?
Shade
longmover wrote: 14 Feb 2023, 14:29 Hopefully this Saturday will be our Sunderland (h) from last season, about the same time of year wasn't it?
Well, we could certainly do with someone like Bonds hitting his one wonder goal per season like he did v Sunderland.
paperboy
shevates wrote: 14 Feb 2023, 13:43
More importantly I found Duffs football much better
You're right Steve, we scored more,
conceded more, and a 2-2 scoreline is usually more entertaining than 0-0.

As Duffo said last season league 1 was all shiny and new and exciting.
Also we had Callum and Kion plus that midfield midget to enthrall us too.
Guess we'll just have to enjoy the ride as Wade has said.
Pretty uncomfortable it's likely to be too.
Retaining League One status and beating Bolton at Wembley would be a success story.🏆🤞
Jerry St Clair
I actually think Duff and Elliott are very similar in interviews. They are both thoughtful, articulate, they both demonstrate interesting insight into tactics and management.

I suspect the thing Wade lacks that Duff has is an air of authority in the dressing room. Duff often protested that he never threw teacups around, but nevertheless I suspect the players had a healthy fear of him.
shevates
Realistically I wake up and Im told Plymouth thumped us and weve got relegated.
Jerry St Clair
paperboy wrote: 12 Feb 2023, 09:42 See Barnsley have sold there initial allocation of 1055 for the Hazlewoods Stand.

The whole of Block 6 of the Colin Farmer is on sale for home fans. so presumably Barnsley ain’t getting any more.
Si Robin
Barnsley fan I know says they're not getting the extra tickets.
paperboy
Jerry St Clair wrote: 14 Feb 2023, 16:26
paperboy wrote: 12 Feb 2023, 09:42 See Barnsley have sold there initial allocation of 1055 for the Hazlewoods Stand.

The whole of Block 6 of the Colin Farmer is on sale for home fans. so presumably Barnsley ain’t getting any more.
Another 4500 attendance then and hopefully our fans chanting Wade's name....not followed by "out" 😉
ctfc-fan
Jerry St Clair wrote:I actually think Duff and Elliott are very similar in interviews. They are both thoughtful, articulate, they both demonstrate interesting insight into tactics and management.

I suspect the thing Wade lacks that Duff has is an air of authority in the dressing room. Duff often protested that he never threw teacups around, but nevertheless I suspect the players had a healthy fear of him.
On the radio last week with Reg Varney commentating, he said Wade wasn’t quiet in the dressing room.
Fuller
paperboy wrote: 14 Feb 2023, 16:59
Jerry St Clair wrote: 14 Feb 2023, 16:26

Another 4500 attendance then and hopefully our fans chanting Wade's name....not followed by "out" 😉
Attendance figure correct.
I heard no one chanting Wade’s name but I did hear quite a few asking him to go forth and multiply at the final whistle.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
ctfc-fan wrote: 14 Feb 2023, 17:44
Jerry St Clair wrote:I actually think Duff and Elliott are very similar in interviews. They are both thoughtful, articulate, they both demonstrate interesting insight into tactics and management.

On the radio last week with Reg Varney commentating, he said Wade wasn’t quiet in the dressing room.
Interesting. Good to hear these snippets from those who know, rather than the agenda-driven speculation by posters on here!
longmover
Can anybody shed any insight as to what the tactic was on Saturday? Apart from Southwood to Long, for Long to then pump a aimless ball cross field or down the right.
Ihearye
longmover wrote: 20 Feb 2023, 09:49 Can anybody shed any insight as to what the tactic was on Saturday? Apart from Southwood to Long, for Long to then pump a aimless ball cross field or down the right.
think you got it.
horlickfanclub
Also ,knock the optimism out of our crowd early by leaving your CF on the bench.