Pitch invasions

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Fuller
Did anyone see the end of the Accrington V Bolton game last night? When the Bolton fans invaded the pitch one of the Accy players looked like he was about to square up to one of the Bolton fans after they appeared to say something to him. Could of got nasty.
Despite lots of stewards around the pitch they were helpless to stop the invasion, same as our game v Plymouth on Tuesday.
Despite what was said by the authorities at he end of last season about invasions and pyrotechnics, I expect they may well continue in the coming months as the season draws to a close.
How can it be stopped? Answers on a postcard....
little mo
Fences,has to come,again.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Now’s the perfect time to clampdown. Kick Plymouth and Bolton out of the competition.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
little mo wrote: 23 Feb 2023, 15:38 Fences,has to come,again.
That would be a real shame, and such a disappointment for normal fans to have the anti-social chavs ruin it.

Another alternative would be just to keep putting prices up, on the rather prejudice assumption that most of the yobs would be priced out. That would also be a real shame for the normal fans who can’t afford it as well though.

Ultimately I guess it’s a society problem. When you see how awful behaviour is out and about in town, on the roads, on trains, it’s only to be expected behaviour at football is just as bad.
Scarface
You come up with some of the most ridiculous statements ,I genuinely hope you are being sarcastic lol

They werent exactly the most extreme invasions and if there is one or two a year, I am not sure they need to invest hevaily into the governance of them....
longmover
Any pitch invasion three point deducted, this is the elephant in the room all well and good fining clubs but until there is a actual risk to a clubs position (in the league) they will continue to happen.
Broadway Brian
I thought Southwood was going to lamp their prize idiot in the white top. Having baited us all game, he then happened to be the tool stood in front of Luke as he made his way to us.
Si Robin
I loved the lad in the white top - with the amount of shite he got following the celebration of the disallowed goal I think he had every right to live in that moment at the end.
Broadway Brian
Si Robin wrote: 23 Feb 2023, 20:27 I loved the lad in the white top - with the amount of shite he got following the celebration of the disallowed goal I think he had every right to live in that moment at the end.
I’d have preferred him to have gone home in tears, hating us for breaking his poor heart
Shade
Not just in England, Sevilla's keeper had some dickhead run on and try to punch him last night at PSV in the Europa League. He had to tackle the guy and wrestle him on the ground before stewards finally dragged him away. Video of it on youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=juOu3Mn13go
Fuller
Shade wrote: 24 Feb 2023, 15:54 Not just in England, Sevilla's keeper had some dickhead run on and try to punch him last night at PSV in the Europa League. He had to tackle the guy and wrestle him on the ground before stewards finally dragged him away. Video of it on youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=juOu3Mn13go
The keeper will probably get a ban for wrestling with the idiot.
Clubs need to employ stewards that are super fit and can outrun these tw@ts.
everyman
I have noticed in France lots of ground have fences around them and even a moble tennis type net to protect players taking corners and throw-ins. sacré bleu !!
everyman
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote: 23 Feb 2023, 16:37 Now’s the perfect time to clampdown. Kick Plymouth and Bolton out of the competition.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote: 23 Feb 2023, 16:37 Now’s the perfect time to clampdown. Kick Plymouth and Bolton out of the competition.
There would be enough Pizza`s for everyone then. :lol:
Shade
everyman wrote: 24 Feb 2023, 18:41 I have noticed in France lots of ground have fences around them and even a moble tennis type net to protect players taking corners and throw-ins. sacré bleu !!
And yet they've still had problems and games abandoned in Ligue 1 in the last couple of years due to crowd trouble.