Next two league games.

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Malabus
Portsmouth and Derby away.

I predict ZERO points and will probably sent us in the bottom four, where we will stay. Wade will view it as a positive position, part of the process.
‘Teams will give us a slapping in this league’…I would love to be in the dressing room to witness his motivating speeches. Image

#WadeOut #YouBeenSlapped #SlaperdaySoccer
Last edited by Malabus on 18 Feb 2023, 22:07, edited 2 times in total.
HamTown
We could be playing Bishop's Cleeve and Cirencester Town in the next 2 league games and you'd still be predicting zero points
Malabus
HamTown wrote:We could be playing Bishop's Cleeve and Cirencester Town in the next 2 league games and you'd still be predicting zero points
Get real…1 point.
Last edited by Malabus on 18 Feb 2023, 22:33, edited 2 times in total.
Horteng
In all fairness I do struggle to see how Wade can provide the motivation needed.
Garby74
Managers get the boot when they:
A). Lose dressing room
B). Fail to achieve predetermined goals.

The players like Wade and occasional put in a performance.

Personally I don't think Wade is a great motivator...but that's purely based on his interviews. The players respect him.

Win Tuesday we got to Wembley.
Not too shaby.

Sometimes you have to accept other teams have better players.
Malabus
Garby74 wrote:Managers get the boot when they:
A). Lose dressing room
B). Fail to achieve predetermined goals.

The players like Wade and occasional put in a performance.

Personally I don't think Wade is a great motivator...but that's purely based on his interviews. The players respect him.

Win Tuesday we got to Wembley.
Not too shaby.

Sometimes you have to accept other teams have better players.
But I don't accept giving up less than 10 mins on the clock. I don't accept no hunger. I don't accept hoof and hope and losing possession and still persisting with that game-plan. Many people will not accept that and to pay £20 plus for non-existent football. We haven't had a league victory at WR for three months, people expect more. Barnsley were an average L1 side that pressed well, gave our pathetic midfield no time to settle. We were clueless.

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk

Jerry St Clair
Malabus post wrote:
But I don't accept giving up less than 10 mins on the clock. I don't accept no hunger. I don't accept hoof and hope and losing possession and still persisting with that game-plan. Many people will not accept that and to pay £20 plus for non-existent football. We haven't had a league victory at WR for three months, people expect more. Barnsley were an average L1 side that pressed well, gave our pathetic midfield no time to settle. We were clueless.

I think some of our fans have been a bit too seduced by Barnsley fans singing "It's just like watching Brazil". They were good, but not unstoppable. Instead of standing up to the juggernaut, we stood aside and let it plough on through.

Barnsley are what their league position suggests; a combative top 6 club who had a good day. A bit like Wycombe. The difference being we stood up to Wycombe in our last WR league win.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Everyone who understands football would predict and expect zero points. That’s common sense.

But everyone who understands football also knows it’s a funny old game and shocks and surprises come at unpredictable times; that’s why we love the game and go to matches.

I’ll be going to Derby fully expecting a 3-0 defeat primarily to see the stadium rather than expecting a close game. But I also go with the hope and belief that maybe, on the night, something unexpected will happen and we pull off a surprise because that’s what football is about.
Jerry St Clair
By the way, I’m not buying into the fear of a trip to Fratton Park. Pompey are bang average. They have won precisely one more league game than us. The crowd will get right on them if we keep it tight early on. This is a GREAT opportunity for a morale boosting win. If we can win at the Valley, we can win at Fratton Park.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Malabus wrote: 18 Feb 2023, 22:07 Portsmouth and Derby away.

I predict ZERO points and will probably sent us in the bottom four, where we will stay. Wade will view it as a positive position, part of the process.
‘Teams will give us a slapping in this league’…I would love to be in the dressing room to witness his motivating speeches.

Is there any reason you didn’t act like such a child when Duff said the same things last season? I wouldn’t want to suggest you are judging the two with double standards, hence asking for the reason…
Garby74
Maybe the thought of Tuesday was in the a couple players mind.

Like some else said on another thread we started season with 3 LWBs and 1 striker...not wades fault.

We have been unlucky with injuries ...Freestone and Ferry.

I have watched every home match (Inc pj) and 5 away matches this season. We can beat anyone on our day.

My frustration like yours is why in so many games this season we simply haven't shown up.

How can a manager not get a tune from the team in a local Derby.

Wade must take some responsibility.

If this time in 12 months the pattern has not improved. Then it may be time for a change.

The team has improved again this window....
Keena looks a real prospect. He and Alfie need more service from midfield.
Anteros
Malabus wrote: 18 Feb 2023, 22:07 Portsmouth and Derby away.

‘Teams will give us a slapping in this league’…I would love to be in the dressing room to witness his motivating speeches. Image

Fair play Malabus, you are negative
Ihearye
Garby74 wrote: 19 Feb 2023, 10:45 Maybe the thought of Tuesday was in the a couple players mind.

Like some else said on another thread we started season with 3 LWBs and 1 striker...not wades fault.

I have watched every home match (Inc pj) and 5 away matches this season. We can beat anyone on our day.

My frustration like yours is why in so many games this season we simply haven't shown up.

If this time in 12 months the pattern has not improved. Then it may be time for a change.

Exactly this.

All supporters want a win, but when it matters most to them, more than often the team goes awol. FGR, Bristol Rovers, Barnsley. I honestly thought they would turn up yesterday and look to prove Duff wrong. Instead the usual insipid display. Being paid a bit more does not mean you have more skill to complete a simple 4 yard pass.
In his pre match interview Wade said, we will get nowhere playing long balls up to our strikers. It would seem he forgot to mention that to the team. Either that or you need to be paid a bit more to follow instructions.
The other continuing question mark for me, appears to be the inability to change things until he gets them in at half time. Are the players / coaches incapable of working out what is going on and making changes on the hoof?
E.G we all know how much Duff loves the long diagonal ball. Within minutes, we get one, with Broom nowhere near it and the ball ends up in the net.
OK so Ferry was just coming back, but surely there was a strong argument, if he was only going to be risked for 45 minutes, to get him on from the start to try and give us a position at half time to try and build on. saw little point in bringing him on when 3 down. By that time the game had gone. Like others have said, not sure how Sercombe was taken off and Perry stayed on. Unless there was something wrong with Sercombe.
I am guessing we were told by Luton we couldn't play Rea, or is he injured again. Because if there was ever a match that needed a bit of experience and bite in midfield, that was it..
The hope still remains that this is a very poor league and there are 4 teams that are worse than us. Because looking at the remaining fixtures, it is hard to see where a win is coming from. On recent and past form, we can be sure we won't be taking 3 points of FGR.
Warwickshire Robin
Garby74 wrote:Maybe the thought of Tuesday was in the a couple players mind.

Pretty much agree with you Garby. I've said before that when you appoint a first time Head Coach you have to expect mistakes but what you want to see is those mistakes being learned from and not repeated.

I am trying to stick with it but as we go on and see the same slow, insipid play with no intensity, wingbacks (critical to making the formation we play work) who don't go over the halfway line and playing long aimless balls up to small strikers, it is getting more difficult to do so.

We need to see the team turn up and play on the front foot as they have shown glimpses of being able to do so i.e. Peterborough first half, Bolton and Cambridge second half. It can be done but it is up to Wade and his coaching team to get this out of the team more often.

Sent from my SM-A528B using Tapatalk

longmover
Jerry St Clair wrote: 19 Feb 2023, 07:56
Malabus post wrote:

I think some of our fans have been a bit too seduced by Barnsley fans singing "It's just like watching Brazil". They were good, but not unstoppable. Instead of standing up to the juggernaut, we stood aside and let it plough on through.

Barnsley are what their league position suggests; a combative top 6 club who had a good day. A bit like Wycombe. The difference being we stood up to Wycombe in our last WR league win.
When we did have a go at them early in the 2nd, they looked uncomfortable defending on that left side which resulted in quite a few aimless boots into the stands. We'll never know what could have happened as we stopped soon after.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
longmover wrote: 21 Feb 2023, 09:45
Malabus post wrote:

When we did have a go at them early in the 2nd, they looked uncomfortable defending on that left side which resulted in quite a few aimless boots into the stands. We'll never know what could have happened as we stopped soon after.
Or Duff tweaked it to counter. Like the famous win against Ipswich where both sides of our back three were being destroyed before he pushed the full backs up and a bit narrower and shut down Ipswich’s passing lines and they did nothing all game. They didn’t stop what they were doing; we stopped them.

We do have to acknowledge that there is an opposition trying to stop us scoring some times.
longmover
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote: 21 Feb 2023, 10:26

Or Duff tweaked it to counter. Like the famous win against Ipswich where both sides of our back three were being destroyed before he pushed the full backs up and a bit narrower and shut down Ipswich’s passing lines and they did nothing all game. They didn’t stop what they were doing; we stopped them.

We do have to acknowledge that there is an opposition trying to stop us scoring some times.
I don't think opposition have to do much tweaking to stop us scoring.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
longmover wrote: 21 Feb 2023, 10:34
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote: 21 Feb 2023, 10:26

I don't think opposition have to do much tweaking to stop us scoring.
Well you said yourself we were causing them problems then it changed. Just as much evidence that was due to the opposition making a tweak as it was us stopping trying to do it.
Malabus
BUMP this back to where this belongs.

#WADEOUT

RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Slap incoming.
Malabus
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:Slap incoming.
Rose tinters off at last....

RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Malabus wrote: 25 Feb 2023, 15:47

No, we were 2-0 at the time and playing poorly so it wasn’t anything to do with being a ‘rose tinter’, just common sense.
Malabus
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:
Malabus wrote: 25 Feb 2023, 15:47

No, we were 2-0 at the time and playing poorly so it wasn’t anything to do with being a ‘rose tinter’, just common sense.
Your backing of this manager and false and pathetic positivity, is simply a disgrace. People like you is the reason that this f#!$ is destroying this club.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Malabus wrote: 25 Feb 2023, 16:01
Malabus wrote: 25 Feb 2023, 15:47 Rose tinters off at last....

Your backing of this manager and false and pathetic positivity, is simply a disgrace. People like you is the reason that this f#!$ is destroying this club.
Lol. I assume you are just on a wind up, but I’ll play along for now. Destroying the club in one of our most successful seasons ever? Give over.

As it stands with four teams below us losing, we are a game closer to survival and that’s all that matters.
Malabus
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote: No, we were 2-0 at the time and playing poorly so it wasn’t anything to do with being a ‘rose tinter’, just common sense.
Lol. I assume you are just on a wind up, but I’ll play along for now. Destroying the club in one of our most successful seasons ever? Give over.

As it stands with four teams below us losing, we are a game closer to survival and that’s all that matters.
You are still talking fecking non-sense. We go down its the likes of YOU and Shade that are partly to blame.

RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Malabus wrote: 25 Feb 2023, 16:07

You are still talking fecking non-sense. We go down its the likes of YOU and Shade that are partly to blame.

I have literally no influence on any decision made by the Board and Club.

You’re flailing around trying to grasp at something to blame because you can accept things just happen. Which is why you are taken in by every conspiracy theory going as well.

It’s a battle to survive. You can moan and flail like a child if you want. I’m going to look forward to the run-in and support the team in the big games.
Shade
Malabus wrote: 25 Feb 2023, 16:07

From the long-time king of talking nonsense, that doesn't really mean much. Not sure anybody actually takes you seriously.

If you took your head out of your ass once in a while you'd have seen I actually said Wade should go in November. I just don't bang on about it every 5 minutes like a moron.
CTFCfan99
Think Mal's been on the sauce this evening judging by these posts
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
CTFCfan99 wrote: 25 Feb 2023, 21:01 Think Mal's been on the sauce this evening judging by these posts
And the afternoon. He’s a nutjob. Best ignored.
Malabus
CTFCfan99 wrote: 25 Feb 2023, 21:01 Think Mal's been on the sauce this evening judging by these posts
I bet you cannot ignore me for one month.

Have you ever been to a Cheltenham game this season? Been told you haven't seen Cheltenham play for over 5 years.

Don't reply, ignoring me, remember...

RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Malabus wrote: 26 Feb 2023, 02:56
I bet you cannot ignore me for one month.

Have you ever been to a Cheltenham game this season? Been told you haven't seen Cheltenham play for over 5 years.

Don't reply, ignoring me, remember...

I have indeed. A few home games and a few away games, 5-10 this season. I usually make 10-15 games a season but still always get my season ticket. See you at Pride Park.
SHANDY VOR
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote: 26 Feb 2023, 02:32
Play the ball, not the man!
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
SHANDY VOR wrote: 26 Feb 2023, 10:33
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote: 26 Feb 2023, 02:32
Play the ball, not the man!
Good point. Voice of Reason indeed.