Come on Boreham Wood

Talk about other football teams at all levels. AND ANY Glos City related threads, even if talking about the groundsharing.

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Nesty
Dont know about you but I am sick to the back teeth of the media sucking up to those Yanks and their toy thing.

COME ON BOREHAM WOOD !!!
Red Duke
It irritates me when the media use the word "fairytale". It is far from that. It just so happens that the two Americans are experts in media and can create "news" for the media to report.

From what I have seen, I think they seem to be more genuine than many Americans involved in "soccer". They are not like. e.g. the Glazers. They have seem to be quite taken with the fervour of the Wrexham fans and appear not to be in it for the money.

I sure that if it had been Cheltenham Town we would be all along for the ride.

If you can pay experienced players from 2 leagues above you and your budget is so much more than the rest of the league that you are competing in, it is relatively easy to be successful.

However to continue to succeed wll become more difficult as they come up against teams with players of a similar standard to what they have unless they can afford championship players to play for them.

That is where the "fairytale" may come to the end as the investment is too great with the Americans walk away and Wrexham could revert back to their natural level.
Shade
They’re improving the infrastructure as well as the team. This isn’t just a PR trip for them.
Ralph
i think i read they are all on a 20k bonus if they win today
longmover
Shade wrote: 22 Apr 2023, 12:25 They’re improving the infrastructure as well as the team. This isn’t just a PR trip for them.
behave.

This is all planned to get people 'onside', these two would have done their research and more than likely had a number of rexhams to indulge in across the globe, they chose football for its appeal.

the media gushing over this is just is pretty much peak.
Shade
Not gonna deny it's sickening. I hate it, if I'm being honest. Top story on BBC Sport, on a day when there's been an FA Cup semi final, Prem games, the world snooker championship is on, et al. Didn't see that for us when we won the NL, first team to bounce straight back into the FL for 25 years, or whatever it was.

But I still believe at least McElhenney is in it for the right reasons, at the very least. And I'm as cynical as they come.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
longmover wrote: 22 Apr 2023, 18:48
Shade wrote: 22 Apr 2023, 12:25 They’re improving the infrastructure as well as the team. This isn’t just a PR trip for them.
behave.

This is all planned to get people 'onside', these two would have done their research and more than likely had a number of rexhams to indulge in across the globe, they chose football for its appeal.

the media gushing over this is just is pretty much peak.
Even if it is to ‘get people on side’, at least it is creating some good for the community and infrastructure. More than most owners do.
asl
As RD said, if it had been our club they'd ploughed their time and money into, we'd all be loving it. Good luck to them, I say. It'll be an entertaining Media-Luvie derby next season when the play FGR!

Sent from my SM-G9860 using Tapatalk

longmover
it was on the news at ten.
SHANDY VOR
Difference between them and FGR (apart from local jealousy)?

Discus
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
SHANDY VOR wrote: 26 Apr 2023, 19:24 Difference between them and FGR (apart from local jealousy)?

Discus
An order of magnitude more financial backing…
Shade
Crowds over twice the size of our average
ctfc-fan
Is it still the case that the Welsh teams are registered to the Welsh FA so have different disciplinarys?
longmover
rexham now courting Bale, expect more of this naff click bait for the entire summer
asl
Fans who have never seen lower-league football reckon Bale will dance around taking the p1ss. Personally, I think he and they are going to be very disappointed... Prime Bale, for sure - but nowadays he will be tackle-practice for neanderthal defenders who will take great delight in adding his scalp to their collection.

Anyone remember Gazza stamping his feet in frustration after Grant McCann nicked the ball off his toes...?

longmover
bale was complete toilet in the world cup, games just passed him by.
Shade
asl wrote: 28 Apr 2023, 08:47 Fans who have never seen lower-league football reckon Bale will dance around taking the p1ss. Personally, I think he and they are going to be very disappointed... Prime Bale, for sure - but nowadays he will be tackle-practice for neanderthal defenders who will take great delight in adding his scalp to their collection.

Anyone remember Gazza stamping his feet in frustration after Grant McCann nicked the ball off his toes...?

I remember Gazza coming right through the back of McCann in spite when he was holding the ball up in the corner in front of me at the end of the game :lol: these things stick with you.

Bale would probably play about half an hour in League Two before a season ending injury and then heading back out on the golf course. If he lasted, though, the incredibly s#!t refs would be in awe and probably give him free kicks and penalties anytime an oppo defender looked at him, let alone took him out.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Bale would be like when Defoe signed for Sunderland last season. Fans creaming on social media, loads of shirts sold, tickets sold out for home game, comes off the bench to lose to Cheltenham, realises he cannot run anymore, and retires before seeing the season out.
Shade
Only Bale already knows he can't run anymore, maybe thinks he could still run around L2 players easily, but would mainly want to be a part of the circus.

But I've just seen a video of him saying it was just a bit of a joke and he was after a free round of golf from McElhenney.