Thanks to he guy in the speed skips !

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Nham68
For those of us who stand behind the goal in the speedy skips (or whatever it’s called now), all last season , had to listen to a young man with serious anger management problems shout abuse at our own players, manager . Really vitriolic diatribe ( on the left hand side of the goal as you look out not the pitch). A

So today , it started up again. Such anger , to the point of sucks the life out of the place .

Well, kudos to the guy who had a go back . Told him to get behind the team, stop spoiling it for everyone else, support the players, act like a fan of the club , or foxtrot oscar.

Zip.. not a bit more abuse all game (save for a dig at the ref ).

Everyone has a bit of a moan at the team now and again, we’re human. But this has been on another level all last season .

Thankyou whoever you are ! I was able to enjoy the rest of the game m despite the result . I don’t agree with censoring people (everyone has a right to express views ) , but in this case - for the sake of everyone else , it was well needed . And most persons , myself included , haven’t had the balls to challenge it in the past.

Kudos .
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Great to hear. Kudos indeed.
Red Duke
I wonder if the guy is a poster on here? Nominations anyone?
Shade
Sounds like the guy who used to sit next to me until he started getting some back and was advised by stewards to find a different part of the ground to go to. He was far from young, though.
Haitch
I Stand in the area mentioned and I'm 99% sure i know who is being spoke about here, I wouldn't say he's annoyed me with his shouts (sometimes I'd go as far as funny when they have a good go at the ref and/or the opp goalkeeper) but can see why the retaliation which occurred happened it did get a bit much for the second league game of the season!!

On a similar note the gentleman who did a good job in calling out the negativity and reminding him of how early we are in the campaign didn't exactly lead by example with him and his "group" who decided to indulge in some chocolate bars at half time which is all well and that but the littering that followed is not on, saw one wrapper get dropped and thought nothing of it and as a simple mistake however it was when the others finished up and proceeded to without thought, to drop theirs too along with the bag for the multipack, to which i made a point out of leaning over picking it all up and walking it to the nearest bin which took a grand total of 30 seconds max... what a hardship.

Not looking for praise just highlighting the fact he was calling on this shouting individual to "support the club" and goes and doesn't look after the area he gets to watch his beloved (or not so!) club play!