Cheltenham Town v Shrewsbury Town

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

QED
I remember Duff saying ‘we think there’s a player in there’ about George 3-4 years ago, and here he is. His workrate is phenomenal and that’s one of the things we’ve needed to replace with Alfie going. If he can add goals then…
shevates
On the Shrews fans forum

we currently have 58% possession, so the score is irrelevant apparently

Mickey Moore will be overjoyed with that stat, I expect to see him wheeled out for an interview in the morning to confirm this as a statement of our progress…
Ihearye
Just think, if MM had of stayed we would have ended up with Max Mata in the team. WOW.
Dodged one there
asl
MM does come in for a lot stick in that thread on the Shrewsbury board! Other highlights I saw is them being irrationally upset that SC was in attendance and also that "the ref was a homer, for sure". :shock:
Nesty
QED wrote: 26 Dec 2023, 22:25 I remember Duff saying ‘we think there’s a player in there’ about George 3-4 years ago, and here he is. His workrate is phenomenal and that’s one of the things we’ve needed to replace with Alfie going. If he can add goals then…
Exceptional ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, well playes George ..................

Overall team performance 100%

Referee !!!!!!!!!
Red Duke
I have just watched the whole game with the Shrewsbury commentary. They were extremely critical of their own team but gave high praise to the Robins. It was summed up for them by the number of shots they have on target, zero.

At the start season, I came awy from the Shrewsbury game thinking I had just watched two relegation teams in action. After watching yesterday's game, my opinion of Shrewsbury remains unchanged. As for the Robins, keep playing like that and like they did against Carlisle and they are definitely staying up.
Shade
asl wrote: 27 Dec 2023, 08:57 MM does come in for a lot stick in that thread on the Shrewsbury board! Other highlights I saw is them being irrationally upset that SC was in attendance and also that "the ref was a homer, for sure". :shock:
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Jesus.
Playmeuptop
Our defence has impressed me in the last few games. I was worried the injury to Davies would have a negative effect as he’s been really good but managed to keep two clean sheets which is great.

Smith has shown versatility moving into the back 3 and both his and Bradburys fitness levels have been great considering their lack of games with injuries. Hopefully both stay fit and Davies is back soon for healthy competition for places.
shevates
Bradbury is the most unluckiest player in the squad. In my eyes, it's the one position we seem to have good players, and Bradbury keeps the bench warm. He gives his all his positioning is excellent, he can play a bit on the floor, and that makes up for his lack of pace.
Before DC arrived it appeared we had a good player in Bradbury on the bench and 5 dross players in other positions on the pitch. I think Freestone and Bradbury could make a good partnership next season
longmover
Shade wrote: 27 Dec 2023, 21:17
asl wrote: 27 Dec 2023, 08:57 MM does come in for a lot stick in that thread on the Shrewsbury board! Other highlights I saw is them being irrationally upset that SC was in attendance and also that "the ref was a homer, for sure". :shock:
Jesus.
yeah he definitely turned a blind eye to the blatant push in the box and rugby tackles in the first ten mins all for the home crowd.
Ben3
shevates wrote: 28 Dec 2023, 08:11 Bradbury is the most unluckiest player in the squad. In my eyes, it's the one position we seem to have good players, and Bradbury keeps the bench warm. He gives his all his positioning is excellent, he can play a bit on the floor, and that makes up for his lack of pace.
Before DC arrived it appeared we had a good player in Bradbury on the bench and 5 dross players in other positions on the pitch. I think Freestone and Bradbury could make a good partnership next season
Absolutely agree, I think he’s been hard done by. He also provides a threat in the opposition box. When Williams was picked there ahead of him I thought ‘what’s he done wrong?’
Jerry St Clair
longmover wrote: 28 Dec 2023, 08:30
Shade wrote: 27 Dec 2023, 21:17
Jesus.
yeah he definitely turned a blind eye to the blatant push in the box and rugby tackles in the first ten mins all for the home crowd.
In fairness, the ref did give a ridiculously soft free kick to us on the edge of the box that was right in front of the Shrews fans, so it probably sticks in their mind. It was an absurd decision especially as he’d been letting the WWE wrestling go all game.
horlickfanclub
The ref missed Bowmans shirt pulling from minute one onwards. Smith and Bradbury coped well with Bowmans antics.
shevates
In fairness to the ref he was consistently sh_te for both sides