Burton Albion v Cheltenham Town

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Shade
QED wrote: 16 Apr 2024, 20:34 Links to score and complete his redemption arc?
:lol:
I think we're in full on daydream territory here.
Si Robin
Shade wrote: 16 Apr 2024, 20:23 Davies has got one back, he is now on -3 for the season :lol:
Genuinely the best post on here in years :lol: :lol:
QED
I can barely watch now… we always concede in these moments this season (Fleetwood the only exception). Come on boys
Shade
The ref has definitely been less of a #$£! to us tonight than recent refs.
QED
QED wrote: 16 Apr 2024, 19:59 Nuttall’s done well tonight. The tiniest bit of glitter on this turd
Upgrading this: he has been absolutely immense
CTFCfan99
Nuttall motm for me. Fantastic tonight. Credit to them for that second half - that's thr response we needed. Maybe they do want it??
Shade
Well, there is still life in the dog yet.

8 shots, 2 on target, 2 goals in the second half. A bit more like it.
robinsrule
Get in boys!! At least we have hope again….
Si Robin
A brilliant second half performance. Nuttall, Thomas and Taylor were outstanding, but everyone else on the pitch really put a shift in as well.

It's the hope that kills you isn't it.
Fuller
Excellent performance but …… Burton were absolutely dire.
However did they win last Saturday? And a shame they are playing Fleetwood last day of the season but if they play like that they won’t get another point.
Garby74
It truly is Si....
But we have it back in out hands
And possibly our luck is turning .....
Who is the new signing Nutall?! Wow big ...strong...nuisance...winning headers!!!

The lord works in mysterious ways

Stevenage away day is back on!

(Only minor gripe...where has this steely determination been last 6 games?)
robinsrule
Yeah, I had given up hope (again) but definitely going to Stevenage if we have a chance of staying up….
Jerry St Clair
A redemptive performance from Joe Nuttall. It looked tonight like it finally clicked for him.
Alf
Terrific second half performance. Playing like we meant it!
Just like we were playing a few games ago. We have given ourselves a chance that didn’t look likely last week. Well done Darrell and the lads!
Uppy
Thought Olayinka looked good when he came on too. Picking up a lot of the loose balls. Think it will probably be a case of “what could have been” but we’re still in the fight
QED
Get everyone in cotton wool… cryo chambers… sleeping nude in oxygen tents… placenta therapy… whatever it takes to get them ready to go again at that intensity Saturday
CTFC.Harry
What a performance.

Good turnout from fans. Those scenes when we scored my word.

Thomas made a huge difference when he came on.

What a beautiful performance from Nuttal. Proper b#!#%#d Number 9.

Good to see Olayinka come on and put a good shift in. Fair play to him for keeping going too when not in favour.

Anything else? Up the Town. We’re still in with a right chance here.
Ihearye
Please, while we rightly indulge in all this back slapping. Can we perhaps spare a few moments and maybe have a vegan meal tonight, just as a mark of respect. 😀😂
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Ihearye wrote: 17 Apr 2024, 05:07 Please, while we rightly indulge in all this back slapping. Can we perhaps spare a few moments and maybe have a vegan meal tonight, just as a mark of respect. 😀😂
CTFC still the best team in (administrative, not historic) Gloucestershire and the only football league side! Always have been and always will be.
Horteng
Fair play that was a good win last night and puts us in the best possible position that we can be in. I didnt see the win coming and will be eating a large portion of humble pie today..... Well done DC and the lads
Benhall-Robin
I cannot take much more of this, neither can my poor wife who quietly checks scores to assess potential mood of husband.

We need a packed out but more importantly noisy Whaddon Road Saturday, Tuesday.
Broadway Brian
Benhall-Robin wrote:I cannot take much more of this, neither can my poor wife who quietly checks scores to assess potential mood of husband.

We need a packed out but more importantly noisy Whaddon Road Saturday, Tuesday.
We do, but likely wont happen. It was flat as hell v Carlisle and super nervous from minute 1. Clearly noticed by the team and staff.

Saturday, well we just gave the advantage to those Gas feckers.

Loved last night.
PCrobin
Dilemma with Thomas now, he made such a difference. So do we start with him on Saturday or is he still better coming off the bench? But then we don't want it to be too late and he's chasing a lost cause...
Si Robin
He showed against Carlisle he's not quite ready to start. He's better coming on against tiring legs than fresh ones.
vickeryc
Yes, better having Thomas on the bench as a super sub who can potentially change the game. What a find he was!
PCrobin
Bodes well for us at Stevenage if Burton managed to win there on Saturday! If we're still in the fight by then. Mind you I've given up trying to predict results in this league..
HamTown
PCrobin wrote: 17 Apr 2024, 08:48 Bodes well for us at Stevenage if Burton managed to win there on Saturday! If we're still in the fight by then. Mind you I've given up trying to predict results in this league..
Although stevenage did have a player sent off
HamTown
Si Robin wrote: 17 Apr 2024, 07:46 He showed against Carlisle he's not quite ready to start. He's better coming on against tiring legs than fresh ones.
We desperately missed him later on against Carlisle to jink through the congestion and get tripped in the box instead all we seemed to do was endlessly lump it in to the box for their big defenders to deal with.
CTFCfan99
PCrobin wrote: 17 Apr 2024, 08:48 Bodes well for us at Stevenage if Burton managed to win there on Saturday! If we're still in the fight by then. Mind you I've given up trying to predict results in this league..
If Burton fail to win against Reading it'll go down to the final day no matter what happens against Lincoln and Peterborough. Obviously would like to be going into Stevenage level/ahead of Burton though.
horlickfanclub
Once Joe got wound up by the Burton defender he was immense. Hopefully he will be the same on Saturday,Perhaps he wants to stay here.
Shade
horlickfanclub wrote: 17 Apr 2024, 11:44 Once Joe got wound up by the Burton defender he was immense. Hopefully he will be the same on Saturday,Perhaps he wants to stay here.
I thought that as well, definitely improved when he was pissed off. Bonds also improved after he got the smack in the face. So...maybe DC needs to get in their faces and give them a slap before the remaining games to wake them up a little?!

Plus, with Nuttall, when he was sarcastically cheered off last week, when he sat on the bench he took his boots off and threw them on the ground and looked quite upset (albeit I was across the ground from him, it looked quite obvious as he had his head hung). Frustrated he couldn't make it happen on the pitch? Frustrated he was taken off? Frustrated the fans were treating him like that? I don't think there's any lack of effort there. He's just not a jumper, and that's what fans always want to see with a big unit. The touch he took when the ball was hit long for him last night was beautiful. I'm not sure if his attempted chip would have gone in if not blocked but it looked like it would have beaten the keeper and gone close. He's shown glimpses of what DC thought he had, but coming from non-league football to a struggling team in League One can't be easy.
Ihearye
Shade wrote: 17 Apr 2024, 16:09
horlickfanclub wrote: 17 Apr 2024, 11:44 Once Joe got wound up by the Burton defender he was immense. Hopefully he will be the same on Saturday,Perhaps he wants to stay here.
I thought that as well, definitely improved when he was pissed off. Bonds also improved after he got the smack in the face. So...maybe DC needs to get in their faces and give them a slap before the remaining games to wake them up a little?!

Plus, with Nuttall, when he was sarcastically cheered off last week, when he sat on the bench he took his boots off and threw them on the ground and looked quite upset (albeit I was across the ground from him, it looked quite obvious as he had his head hung). Frustrated he couldn't make it happen on the pitch? Frustrated he was taken off? Frustrated the fans were treating him like that? I don't think there's any lack of effort there. He's just not a jumper, and that's what fans always want to see with a big unit. The touch he took when the ball was hit long for him last night was beautiful. I'm not sure if his attempted chip would have gone in if not blocked but it looked like it would have beaten the keeper and gone close. He's shown glimpses of what DC thought he had, but coming from non-league football to a struggling team in League One can't be easy.
Actually I thought he must have been wearing a pair of air Jordan's last night as he jumped well
Basildon Robin
Some older Robins fans may remember another Nuttell (with an e) that used to play up front for Cheltenham back in the late eighties. Mickey Nuttell. About the time of ex Villain Andy Gray. Very tall, gangly, long hair, bit of a poser! He eventually went to Wycombe for £6000 and later Boston Utd I think. About that time we had a little guy up front called Simon Brain who was about five foot. We used to knock endless long balls in the air up to him although of course he never won any headers!
Well…. Some things never change in football!