Farewells

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Robin
I will get slammed for this but we should offer him some sort of contract until January to aid his recovery. He put his body on the line for us so some loyalty would be the right thing to do and you never know he might then repay us again in future.
Ihearye
Horteng wrote: 28 Apr 2024, 08:01
andgarod wrote: 28 Apr 2024, 07:50 By the sound of that post it seems to be calling out a certain podcaster /journalist/commentator
Is said journalist offering any positive suggestions
At the forum there were not many solutions being offered just attacks
I dont listen to many podcasts especially if the go past 25 or 30 minutes so I have no way of knowing if anything positive is suggested on them.

Ian Randall was the quality commentator can we have him back rather than the pair we have now on BBC Glos

Can we also have an update on Luke Southwood

The new season start on or around 10th August
New pitch
New players
New board members?
Same manager!
Be careful questioning said journalist as you'll get shot down like I did. What I don't understand.... Well two things really. 1. Where is the £12 million coming from to build a stand and who would invest in that on rented land. And two why does this appear to automatically raise more money that what we have. Granted the old stand is tired but it has catering and bar facilities, conferencing, meeting rooms etc. What else would a new stand offer that will automatically bring all this extra income like MH proposes and how is it guaranteed to bring in probably £1 million pounds per year which is what we probably need to be sustainable.
On the investment one. I must say I thought Stevenage was a very functional small ground and one of the adverts flashed up on the scoreboard caught my eye - the advertising of a Business breakfast club at the ground. It is small things like that, that can grow if we had good quality facilities
Benhall-Robin
DC will be going, DC has restored a level of confidence within himself, he will now be seeking a greater salary and bigger budget to work with. A great shame but he will leave the club and it looks like another season of rebuild. I have heard the rumour reference to a return of a former director of football also being a possibility, with conversations ongoing with Shrewsbury.
Si Robin
Well if he leaves to go to a bigger club then we’ll be due compensation given he has another year on his deal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Robin
Benhall-Robin wrote: 28 Apr 2024, 10:31 DC will be going, DC has restored a level of confidence within himself, he will now be seeking a greater salary and bigger budget to work with. A great shame but he will leave the club and it looks like another season of rebuild. I have heard the rumour reference to a return of a former director of football also being a possibility, with conversations ongoing with Shrewsbury.
I heard the same yesterday seems to be something that has leaked from the board room in order to get the fans back on side.
Ihearye
Robin wrote: 28 Apr 2024, 10:53
Benhall-Robin wrote: 28 Apr 2024, 10:31 DC will be going, DC has restored a level of confidence within himself, he will now be seeking a greater salary and bigger budget to work with. A great shame but he will leave the club and it looks like another season of rebuild. I have heard the rumour reference to a return of a former director of football also being a possibility, with conversations ongoing with Shrewsbury.
I heard the same yesterday seems to be something that has leaked from the board room in order to get the fans back on side.
What???? Take back someone who showed total disregard for the club, almost single handedly dismantled our backroom. Staff overnight and thru recruitment and preseason into turmoil? Personally wouldn't let him any nearer than BP on prestbury road
asl
Seems unlikely... Surely he burned bridges when he took a pay rise when FGR were sniffing around only then to continue to entertain suitors and try to pull the same trick again?
Broadway Brian
Taking the emotional speculation of what he did and didn’t do when he left, it is a sensible move if there’s any truth in it.

A real inflexion point for the club at the moment and there’s logic in a) filling that position and b) filling it with someone known and to an extent ‘proven’.

Personally not a fan of people going back to places they left, but I can see the logic.

Adam Murray as gaffer if DC leaves?
paperboy
Well MM returning would certainly be a strange one, particularly before we know who our manager or head coach will be next season.
DB to Darrell " we'd love you to stay and by the way we're bringing in a Dof F.

Robin's whispers and rumours sometimes become fact and MM isn't too popular with the natives, along with Aidan's old strike partner Max Mata and Taylor Perry so maybe they'll pay us to take them all. ( tongue firmly in cheek).

Wouldn't all this leave Rusty without a chair.
ctfc-fan
andgarod wrote:By the sound of that post it seems to be calling out a certain podcaster /journalist/commentator
Is said journalist offering any positive suggestions
At the forum there were not many solutions being offered just attacks
I dont listen to many podcasts especially if the go past 25 or 30 minutes so I have no way of knowing if anything positive is suggested on them.

Ian Randall was the quality commentator can we have him back rather than the pair we have now on BBC Glos

Can we also have an update on Luke Southwood

The new season start on or around 10th August
New pitch
New players
New board members?
Same manager!
The fact he posted images of comments from ‘supporters’ on Facebook says that is who he’s aiming at.
Ihearye
Broadway Brian wrote: 28 Apr 2024, 18:16 Taking the emotional speculation of what he did and didn’t do when he left, it is a sensible move if there’s any truth in it.

A real inflexion point for the club at the moment and there’s logic in a) filling that position and b) filling it with someone known and to an extent ‘proven’.

Personally not a fan of people going back to places they left, but I can see the logic.

Adam Murray as gaffer if DC leaves?
No thanks
Benctfc
I have mixed feelings on MM returning. On one hand he completely did us over and left us in disarray off the pitch at the start of this season. He was however a proven success here and we are going to need all the help we can get next season when we could be vulnerable to a double relegation.

Myabe having a DOF would be something Clarke wants to help him concentrate more towards the on pitch matters.