GCFC rent update, etc Cheltenham, Council, Loans, GCFC etc

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Circa 1887 wrote:
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:
Circa 1887 wrote:I was thinking more along the lines of using the cash on the playing buget, moving up the leagues and enticing more supporters - whether that's home fans, or bigger away followings visiting the town. All hypothetical anyway.

No doubt the various festivals attract people and are very well received, but my original point was - they should stand on their own two feet, particularly if they are a) as successfull as is being portrayed and b) the direct benefit to the council is so minimal, that on several occassions they've proposed not subsidising the events at all
ah yes, sorry. A bit of cash for players would not go amiss.

Look at teams like Man City getting a free stadium from the council!

As for festivals or CTFC - I don't want the council to do stuff that directly benefits them. I want them to do stuff with impacts on the town economy.

I want them to go back to emptying my bins on a weekly basis! :roll:
How anyone fills a wheelie bin in a week is beyond me.
Circa 1887
:?:

You realise that, often, more than one person might live in a house...for example, they might have a wife/partner/kids.
asl
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:How anyone fills a wheelie bin in a week is beyond me.
Wait til you have a couple of kids, RCS. It's a piece of p1ss, then. ;)

But now there's just me and the missus, I'd agree: we barely half-fill it in a fortnight, let alone a week.
Shade
Just picking up on a couple fo things from previous posts

1. I used to work on the High Street for 4 years, and it was always one of the quietest weeks. Unless you're a bar, cafe/restaurant, hotel, newsagents, etc, I'd suggest it does very little for you, especially as normal town-goers avoid the area during race week. I now work in town but off the High Street and, again, one of the quietest trading weeks of the year because people don't want to be around town because they know it's so busy. Tradesmen are also either at the races or just generally don't book things in for that week.

2. Man City weren't given their stadium by the council. They lease it from the council for £3m a year, and spent £20m on partial redevelopment of it, with the council spending £22m on other redevelopments of the stadium after the Commonwealth games. The council also have use of the stadium, within reason, to hold gigs and other events. There are other monies that the council gets from the deal, but they also spend quite a lot on the area, including a new tram stop right on the side of the stadium. I was up there a few weeks ago and it all looks impressive. In the long haul I think the council will end up making money from it. Eventually.
Robin
Circa 1887 wrote::?:

You realise that, often, more than one person might live in a house...for example, they might have a wife/partner/kids.
I know I am going off topic but do you recycle anything? We barely fill our wheelie bin and it is collected every two weeks as the majority of our waste goes in the re-cycle boxes (which could do with a weekly collection).

Anyway back on topic :mrgreen: :oops:
Circa 1887
Yep - we have two boxes and they are full to the brim at the end of two weeks. Sometimes we have to hold one or two items back until they are emptied, otherwise the lid doesn't close.

Wife and young children my friend...
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
asl wrote:
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:How anyone fills a wheelie bin in a week is beyond me.
Wait til you have a couple of kids, RCS. It's a piece of p1ss, then. ;)

But now there's just me and the missus, I'd agree: we barely half-fill it in a fortnight, let alone a week.
Yup, Me, fiancee and the cat get through one or two bin bags a fortnight (unless decorating etc), but that is collected weekly anyway.

Often fill the recycling to the brim though, which is only collected fortnightly - wish it was the other way round!

(I did live as recently as my late teens/early twenties in a house with two parents, me and two brothers 10 and 12 years younger than me, a cat and guinea pigs so I have experience of that - or did you think I grew up on my own from birth!)
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Circa 1887 wrote:Yep - we have two boxes and they are full to the brim at the end of two weeks. Sometimes we have to hold one or two items back until they are emptied, otherwise the lid doesn't close.

Wife and young children my friend...
We have a wheelie bin sized recycling bin which is handy.
Circa 1887
...personally, i'd assumed you were raised by ferrell dogs in the slums of Gloucester :lol:
asl
I thought he was grown in a test-tube in a secret underground laboratory deep beneath the LSE and was fed only the Gurniad before accidentally being released into the wild.
Neil
Do you mean feral?

Such a shame when a witty put down is spoiled by the inability to spell a key word.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Circa 1887 wrote:...personally, i'd assumed you were raised by ferrell dogs in the slums of Gloucester :lol:
For a time - but I moved out after the floods of 1991 and lived a rent-dodging blag ever since. The council even gave me a student loan I won't ever pay back.
Circa 1887
...thought that might get a bite from the resident lurker
Circa 1887
Anyway - MILES off topic now. Apologies. Done.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
asl wrote:I thought he was grown in a test-tube in a secret underground laboratory deep beneath the LSE and was fed only the Gurniad before accidentally being released into the wild.
:D

(I don't know why you always choose the guardian though!)
Neil
Circa 1887 wrote:...thought that might get a bite from the resident lurker
LOL!
taxidave
We put 2 bin bags in the wheelie bin each fortnight but fill 4 recycling boxes, the one for metal is full of beer cans, the one for plastics is full of my cider bottles and the one for paper is full of copies of the Sun, Mail and Echo but not the Guardian as I send those off to RCS on a weekly basis. :lol:
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
taxidave wrote:We put 2 bin bags in the wheelie bin each fortnight but fill 4 recycling boxes, the one for metal is full of beer cans, the one for plastics is full of my cider bottles and the one for paper is full of copies of the Sun, Mail and Echo but not the Guardian as I send those off to RCS on a weekly basis. :lol:
Much appreciated Dave - means I can save my money for all the other papers I buy on my weekly clear out of the high brow shelves of the newsagent. You don't send them by train I hope? - would cost a bloody fortune! Unless delivered by a fare dodging feral hound of course.
Judge_Dreddful
Circa 1887 wrote:...personally, i'd assumed you were raised by ferrell dogs in the slums of Gloucester :lol:
Will Ferrell (and his dogs) live in Gloucester? Who knew.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Judge_Dreddful wrote:
Will Ferrell (and his dogs) live in Gloucester? Who knew.
Hangs out with Simon Pegg
asl
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:Hangs out with Simon Pegg
Clever...I see what you did, there...
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Do we know yet whether we have the rent money and whether GCAFC will be playing at The Abbey Business Stadium?
Shade
I honestly don't care anymore. Let PB sort it out.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
I mainly agree with you - but would like PB to announce when it is sorted, hence me asking.
Admin
Site Administrator
Ask the club directly then. They are under no obligation to answer anything posted on here.

If you get a reply then consider letting people know on here.
London Exile
GCFC will still be here next season whether they've paid or not.
The Leagues have already been constituted now and PB is too nice to kick them out and leave them homeless and without a league to play in.
To be honest I'm not really sure why he mentioned the arrears in his interview with JP as there's been no comment since.
rasta
http://www.gloucestercitizen.co.uk/Glou ... story.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Malabus
I see Daveangel is first in the queue.

Did they pay 50% of that line up to join - more there than there average home attendance.
51/84
where was neil
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Malabus wrote:
I see Daveangel is first in the queue.

Did they pay 50% of that line up to join - more there than there average home attendance.
Some of the many Gloucester-based CTFC fans went along for something to do because the County's beloved Rubies weren't playing.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
51/84 wrote:where was neil
Heckling from the chippy over the road calling them b*st*rds because they weren't at Workington.