The elephants in the room

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

51/84
Yet again there were more rumours about Yates and his personal affairs
Yat again more rumours about a gambling problem
Yet again more rumours about senior players falling out with Yates when representing the player
Smaller squad same budget
Players played out of position
Yates claims he picked his best team to start - well let me tell you you got it wrong Mark
All managers end in failure unless they retire on a high

Loan players needed now
Motivation needed now

The chairman needs to get it sorted
I am sure he will give Yates a vote of confidence but everyone needs to ask themselves are we giving our all

To a certain extent I cannot blame players who dont have the skill
Its team work graft motivation aggression etc that was missing today
42 minutes to get a shot inside the 18 yrd box even longer to get a corner
We were not playing Everton
Why were the players not motivated

Paul give him your vote of confidence and sack him
Robin
Fair play 51/84 you have been one of Yates most staunch supporters so that statement shows how bad things have become.
solihullkev
51/84 First two lines of your posting are both irrelevant and none of our business - and are just rumours

No proefessionalism from our players today - I cannot criticise yates for that
Robin
Sorry Kev this blaming the players thing has to stop, it's been there every season under Yates.
solihullkev
ok, but wait until you see CBB's mistake that leads to the first goal ; a 7 year old would be embarrassed. I accept we can criticise the manager for the signings
51/84
Robin I said I would give him time
I dont expect him to come on and say he chose the wrong team etc., but he could have
No I dont doubt my capabilities he said.
He played a non match fit LB at RB.
Why didnt he play CBB at the reserve match during the week
I have said he picks his best 11 and tries to make them fit.
They didnt fit , but why were they not even motivated
I was embarrassed for CBB, I hope JP asks him when did he last play RB

Yates has to accept total responsibility for that shambles today
He talks about people making bad decisions, well he made plenty to day

I actually dont believe any of the rumours but they are damaging the club. If the allegations of players sending deputations to the manager and then falling out tells me that whatever is going on at the club things are going wrong
If we were top 2 no one would worry

Why did the players lack passion and motivation
A very wise football league manager told me that you need 6 players playing well to win a lge 2 match
How many did we have, its yates team , its his motivation of that team

It needs to be sorted now

solihull who signed CBB on the cheap to replace a respected LB
Who chose to play CBB at RB, when has CBB played right back, was he match fit
In the second half CBB cut inside got the ball on his right and couldnt even pass 10 yds not CBBs fault
Lack of ability skill fitness but MY said he was his best RB available
Wrong wrong wrong
cheltsaxon
last 19 games 5 wins 9 lost 5 drawn speaks for itself really.
Horteng
51/84 wrote:Yet again there were more rumours about Yates and his personal affairs
Yat again more rumours about a gambling problem
Yet again more rumours about senior players falling out with Yates when representing the player
Smaller squad same budget
Players played out of position
Yates claims he picked his best team to start - well let me tell you you got it wrong Mark
All managers end in failure unless they retire on a high

Loan players needed now
Motivation needed now

The chairman needs to get it sorted
I am sure he will give Yates a vote of confidence but everyone needs to ask themselves are we giving our all

To a certain extent I cannot blame players who dont have the skill
Its team work graft motivation aggression etc that was missing today
42 minutes to get a shot inside the 18 yrd box even longer to get a corner
We were not playing Everton
Why were the players not motivated

Paul give him your vote of confidence and sack him

Please do elaborate and tell us more..........
Admin
Site Administrator
Horteng wrote:Please do elaborate and tell us more..........
No, let's not please. Anything likely to be libelous will be deleted and the offending poster warned.
51/84
no need to admin, everyone has heard some of these rumours.
My point is that they are destroying the team spirit and could destroy the clubs standing
Somebody or something needs to be done to address the problems
Educated Bertie
One recalls the hit-parade tune "Silence is Golden" so perhaps we should desist from overtly castigating Our Leader and The Powers That Be. ;) :lol:

Remember, silence can also be deafening, and, hopefully, and in the fullness of time (ie not later than Monday am) produce a positive outcome, for the sake of Our Club.
rasta
Heard all those rumours, none of them are enough to sack Yates, but results and performances are! if he gets 2k a week crowds have only got to drop by a few hundred to cover his wages.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
The fact Yates was making excuses during the week before the game was telling for me.

CBB at RB is a sign of a plot lost.
Powelly131
When does a rumour become a reality?
Say, for instance, someone had seen the person in question out and about with someone other than his or her's partner?
Would that then become reality?

Allegedly :-)
Malabus
Powelly131 wrote:When does a rumour become a reality?
When evidence or admission is produced. Neither were produced when Lord Allen got rumourized.
rasta
There is only one rumour that if true crossed the line for me, otherwise lets judge him on results and performances.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Powelly131 wrote:When does a rumour become a reality?
Say, for instance, someone had seen the person in question out and about with someone other than his or her's partner?
Would that then become reality?

Allegedly :-)
It is public knowledge he split from his wife, JP even stated so in a live match chat.

The rumours are around how it transpired and whether or not a Wimbledon defender spoke out about it.
Powelly131
Ah ok, thanks
51/84
I wouldnt take any bets on that being the only rumour ;)
Andy
51/84 wrote:I wouldnt take any bets on that being the only rumour ;)
that isnt a rumour though is it.
51/84
what isnt a rumour
I thought it was
Andy
Its not a rumour that that isnt the only rumour that is being circulated as a rumour because if it was a rumour that that wasnt the only rumour being circulated then it becomes a rumour and therefore its a fact that its not a rumour that that isnt the only rumour being a rumour.
taxidave
I do not believe that this persistent talk about rumours is helping anybody, least of all the manager and certainly not the club. Can we just leave the rumour mill alone for a while until there is possibly a denial from the people involved or confirmation of the facts.
Some people on here just seem happy to stoke the flames every few posts instead of leaving things to run their course.
One thing I am certain of is that if we were in the top 2 or 3 positions in the league instead of being down near the bottom none of these rumours would have started.
Circa 1887
I've heard several things over the weekend from my source - which confirm certain 'rumours' to be true and also revelealed a further snippet of info, which paints an unprofessional light over MY.

As i'm not prepared to reveal my source (as he is on the CTFC payroll) and therefore, to the rest of you it would be rightly considered rumour, I'll keep the info off the forum and to DM only.
Andy
Just because someone is on the payroll, it doesnt mean that it is 100% true (whatever it is), unless of course its direct from an involved party themself - a lot of rumours start at work if you arent happy with things...
Chris
Any chance of a DM Circa? I've been away from Cheltenham so missed out on the real life rumour mill this season.
Circa 1887
Fair point, Andy. They would be quite specific things to make up though, if that was the case.
Nesty
Chris wrote:Any chance of a DM Circa? I've been away from Cheltenham so missed out on the real life rumour mill this season.

Me too please
VeraLickleklubsBack
Circa 1887 wrote:I've heard several things over the weekend from my source - which confirm certain 'rumours' to be true and also revelealed a further snippet of info, which paints an unprofessional light over MY.

As i'm not prepared to reveal my source (as he is on the CTFC payroll) and therefore, to the rest of you it would be rightly considered rumour, I'll keep the info off the forum and to DM only.
ENOUGH!!

Never thought I'd say that, if you know what I mean. ;)
Circa 1887
I'm not sure I follow you there....I've quite deliberately positioned this information so that a) it doesn't create legal issues for the board/Admin and b) only those interested will be exposed to it.

If you don't want to know....don't worry about it.
Nesty
All I know is, it has been clear that Yates' mind has not been on the job for some time.
Educated Bertie
[imgImage][/img]

A|l this speculation and "Nod, Nod? Know what I mean" has aged me considerably over the weekend and has not improved my sense of well-being.

PS : Any news? :roll:
PaulGodfrey
Personally I think it would be very interesting and useful to know what all these rumours are.
I've heard a couple of rumours lately and they have been untrue but if anyone has any more then it would be handy for the Board to know what information is being passed around.
I'm open minded about it all but must admit to a degree of "I've seen it all before" about this. Having been involved in football for a long time I've come across plenty of clubs and situations when a team has not been doing as well as expected and rumours have circulated in order to try and find explanations or, in extreme cases, to create mischief and affect change.
I also used to know two people who took great delight in making things up about football clubs, putting them on the internet and seeing how many people they could get to believe them. It gave them hours of fun!
If somebody wants to PM me with a list of rumours and 'reliable information' then it would helpful. For example, if something has happened that the Board genuinely need to look into then it's important to know. Alternatively, if someone is making up malicious rumours then they need to have a word with themselves.
Either way, the contuing references to rumours and heresay are not going to help anything so it might as well be dealt with.
Circa 1887
Very good shout Paul, have PM'd you to relay what I have been told.
CheltRobin
Well said Paul - I don't care about hearsay or rumours - most of the time these are never substanciated by those involved anyway - so what's the point?? What I DO care about is getting some honest answers from Yates on Thursday - as we haven't had much of that lately in his pre-match / post-matach interviews - be also interesting to hear PB's thoughts on the season so far - bet he's far from happy as most of the fans are - he's a fan as much as the rest of us.