Red & White.

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

everyman
Watched youth team v Bristol rv`s sat.at seasons,interesting that we played in what looked like a new strip( red&white stripes)could we be going back to this next season,i hope not i never liked stripes.
Si Robin
I think it's the 10/11 strip they play in

Robin
I would hope we don't got back to Red & White stripes, the full ruby kit is so much better in my opinion.
Campden Robin
We had our most successful happy times in Red and White stripes, so why not go back to them? Happy days at the old Wembley, beating Rushden 2-1 away, Yeovil 3-2 at home, Playoff win number 2 at Cardiff etc.

We seem to have lost our identity a bit, our club crest is red, and hats, scarves etc are red in the club shop but we play in Ruby? It was supposed to be for 1 year but has carried on for 3. Time for a change I think.

Perhaps the club will give us the choice of 3, or even invite potential designs?
Sprout Picker
Got to admit that I'm not the biggest fan of the current shirt, can't bring myself to buy one where I always normally have done. I liked the all-ruby kit we had previously though.
everyman
Si Robin wrote:I think it's the 10/11 strip they play in

Not that one,thinner stripes without the wierd shoulder flash.
Uppy
The first ruby kit was the nicest we've ever had, in my opinion.

It doesn't help that we play in ruby, but still call ourselves the robins, then come out to Ruby then the announcer shouts "come on you Robins!"
Red Duke
Actually robins do not have a red breast - it's orange. When named, English didn't have the word for the colour orange in the language and so was called red. So to be accurate to the nickname, we should play in orange!
London Exile
I prefer red shirts but if the ruby remains, I agree that they should be plain ruby rather than ruby & white stripes for next season.
I do find it odd that the new youth team kit is red and white rather than ruby or ruby? I always thought the youth teams wore the previous seasons 1st team kits
Si Robin
I also prefer all ruby to ruby and white. I think the club saw ruby and white as a compromise from those who wanted to keep the ruby and those who wanted to go back to our traditional style.

I also prefer the nickname of Rubies to Robins. It's unique and not like 4 or 5 other clubs that spring to mind instantly, including 2 within 50 miles of where we are.
Rick
Its got to be all Ruby. No stripes please.
art vandalay
Time to change the colour on the crest, hats & scarves methinks. The ruby is different and just looks more classy than the 'sale now on' shade of red we used to wear which, of course, was most applicable when Michael Duff wore it.
everyman
everyman wrote:Watched youth team v Bristol rv`s sat.at seasons,interesting that we played in what looked like a new strip( red&white stripes)could we be going back to this next season,i hope not i never liked stripes.
9-12-2013.
This could be the new strip for 2014/2015 season,if so it makes a mockery of the supporters poll taken long after this date.
Just seen the pic`s from county cup game at Evesham last night,they appear to wearing a new striped kit the same one as above ?
Shade
That's what I thought when I saw it - don't recognise it as one of our previous strips from the last 10 years.
PaulGodfrey
The kit worn in the County Cup tie is not the new first team kit. That one will be launched before the start of next season. The youth team needed a new kit so the Robins Trust funded an 'off-the-shelf' one and this was used in the County Cup match against Gloucester.
theidlerich
Personally I prefer a 'Ruby' kit - but with some highly visible white striping which would aid our "passing game" [:)]. Often this season I have wondered whether our players just cannot pick out where to pass too because they are not visible in their frontal or peripheral vision within our ground.
Red & white stripes are ok as a second choice; but relatively common. Clubs should only be allowed to change design[s] after two years [minimum].