PA system

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

PaulGodfrey
Further to a topic raised at last night's forum, the stadium manager reminded me that three speakers (two behind the LMI Stand and one above the open terrace by the first aid room that was mentioned by the gentleman at the forum) were disconnected following a visit from the Council environmental heath department dealing with complaints from local residents about noise nuisance.

However, we are looking at ways to try and improve the PA system coverage so will be looking at the possibility of adding extra speakers to the system.

Regarding the electronic scoreboard, this is a fault contained within the scoreboard itself rather than the control system. Our problem at the moment is that we are unable to access the scoreboard to effect repairs. Until the weather dries out we will not be able to get a cherrypicker or scaffolding tower across the pitch (there is no way of getting to it across the roof of the stand). We hope to have this fixed as soon as possible, though.
Robin
Thanks for your follow up Paul.
Joey
PaulGodfrey wrote:Further to a topic raised at last night's forum, the stadium manager reminded me that three speakers (two behind the LMI Stand and one above the open terrace by the first aid room that was mentioned by the gentleman at the forum) were disconnected following a visit from the Council environmental heath department dealing with complaints from local residents about noise nuisance.

However, we are looking at ways to try and improve the PA system coverage so will be looking at the possibility of adding extra speakers to the system.

Regarding the electronic scoreboard, this is a fault contained within the scoreboard itself rather than the control system. Our problem at the moment is that we are unable to access the scoreboard to effect repairs. Until the weather dries out we will not be able to get a cherrypicker or scaffolding tower across the pitch (there is no way of getting to it across the roof of the stand). We hope to have this fixed as soon as possible, though.
Didn't they consider that moving near a football ground that there might be some noise?

What the hell is wrong with people these days?
taxidave
From the CoF...
Originally Posted by KJD
And the fact that when we play at Whaddon residents complain about the noise
And from Neil
I always say that my mate in Prestbury says that we're louder than they are. He can always tell when we score a goal.
Another reason why they shouldn't be here.
everyman
taxidave wrote:From the CoF...
Originally Posted by KJD
And the fact that when we play at Whaddon residents complain about the noise
And from Neil
I always say that my mate in Prestbury says that we're louder than they are. He can always tell when we score a goal.
Another reason why they shouldn't be here.
Empty vessels make most noise ?