darryl duffy

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

maverick173
congratulations to darryl duffy on being best foreign player in the indian premier league
and on being joint top scorer in the league just think 3 seasons ago played half the season for cheltenham top
scorer didnt get to play the next season goes to india top scorer he plays he scores yates is a muppet
Shade
I have got to come out of Nest retirement just to laugh at this post

---> :lol: :lol: :lol:

I could be best player in India and score and I'm a stone overweight and have a dodgy knee.

And off I slink again.
Benctfc
A player who showed passion and cared about the club unlike the players we have now. Under used by Yates and poorly managed. He was never given a real run in the side to show his class. Another striker who under Yates failed to fulfill his potential at the club.
I-Love-CTFC
Duffy hardly had a sniff last season then Yates threw him into the second leg of a play off semi-final. Similar to Jeff Goulding he was thrown into the starting line up in the play off final against Crewe. Bizarre!
Uppy
Good for him. Always liked him, even if I think that letting him go was the right decision.
CheltRobin
Chronically under-used by Yates. Cut a lonely figure on his own in the Victory bar after the last match of the season. Good to hear he's back on the up.

Another misjudgement by Yates - I'm starting to lose count now.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Massive error by Yates. We would have gone up if he played 35 + games
little mo
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:Massive error by Yates. We would have gone up if he played 35 + games
Is that just your opinion, or as you have worded it a fact? If its the latter, then please explain how you know that.
THECHOIRBOY
Well done Duffy!Must be a great experience out there and always seemed a passionate guy.

However, there he did have a few trials here before ending up out there so maybe Yates was right. As Brown said the other day, not manyCheltenham players get released and go on to better things.......
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
little mo wrote:
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:Massive error by Yates. We would have gone up if he played 35 + games
Is that just your opinion, or as you have worded it a fact? If its the latter, then please explain how you know that.
Be better if you assume the words "in my opinion" precede most of what I write unless stated otherwise.