Am I correct

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

vcinthestand
If I buy an early bird in the main stand at £350 I will be saving £45
23 matches @£19 = £437 if i do not buy a ST

now my reckoning was that 6 matches were played on Tuesday ( how many were actually planned for WR on a Tuesday at the start when fixtures came out). If I cannot attend on Tuesday evenings I save £114 throw in 1 or 2 matches for family commitments - say 2 = £38 so thats £152 in total so paying cash means that I I am in pocket by £65

If you attend all matches you save £87 if you buy an early bird so you save 4.5 matches, if you buy a ST ( standard) and attend all games you save about 2.5 matches

I havent done the sums for the other categories or for different stands but why should I bother buying a ST, as I miss several home matches.
Is there really an incentive for me I dont think so
Oh I forgot a BBQ at seasons - will there be a bar and toilets because there aint at the moment for spectators ( not sure if that means players ). Perhaps this free BBQ will actually cost me money. What do you think.
Perhaps the ST gives free entry to preseasons or at least not much say £2
Perhaps that was what the panel were discussing last night

I am trying to work out how I introduce someone and get £25 off my ticket I know I might use my first name and not my second name that I am normally known by. Will sort this out on Saturday with a friend who can introduce me.
PS dont call me Fred if you see me!
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
I make a loss on a season ticket, but to me, the security of having my own seat always reserved, including for cup-ties is why I continue to renew - stress free and bypasses queues which is worth money to me.
taxidave
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:I make a loss on a season ticket, but to me, the security of having my own seat always reserved, including for cup-ties is why I continue to renew - stress free and bypasses queues which is worth money to me.
But you are in the enviable position of being able to throw away about £250 each season,
I doubt many other people could afford to think like you.
mattyboi
vcinthestand wrote:If I buy an early bird in the main stand at £350 I will be saving £45
23 matches @£19 = £437 if i do not buy a ST

now my reckoning was that 6 matches were played on Tuesday ( how many were actually planned for WR on a Tuesday at the start when fixtures came out). If I cannot attend on Tuesday evenings I save £114 throw in 1 or 2 matches for family commitments - say 2 = £38 so thats £152 in total so paying cash means that I I am in pocket by £65

If you attend all matches you save £87 if you buy an early bird so you save 4.5 matches, if you buy a ST ( standard) and attend all games you save about 2.5 matches

I havent done the sums for the other categories or for different stands but why should I bother buying a ST, as I miss several home matches.
Is there really an incentive for me I dont think so
Oh I forgot a BBQ at seasons - will there be a bar and toilets because there aint at the moment for spectators ( not sure if that means players ). Perhaps this free BBQ will actually cost me money. What do you think.
Perhaps the ST gives free entry to preseasons or at least not much say £2
Perhaps that was what the panel were discussing last night

I am trying to work out how I introduce someone and get £25 off my ticket I know I might use my first name and not my second name that I am normally known by. Will sort this out on Saturday with a friend who can introduce me.
PS dont call me Fred if you see me!
You've kind of made your own point in stating you will miss games anyway, so not sure why your complaining. For those who know they will attend all home games it's a decent saving, £98 in fact for a terrace ticket on early bird, even more if some fixtures will be premium gates, do defo worth buying if you plan on attending ALL games!
Si Robin
I buy my season ticket for a few reasons, despite the fact that I know I can't make Tuesday night games.

Firstly, by paying monthly instalments it makes it easier for me to budget and also means that I know exactly what is coming out of my account every month. As such, even if I'm having a particularly bad month funds wise, I know I still have my ticket for the game.

Secondly, there is the priority aspect to big games. I know it was a Godsend for the Spurs and Everton games not having to worry about getting a ticket.

Finally, I like having a season ticket. I like knowing that I can rock up to the game a minute or so before kick-off, or even a few minutes late, and having my seat in the stand regardless.

This season, I have missed 5 home League games due to Tuesday night matches, which means I've benefitted to the tune of £29 over the season (a game and a half). Luckily there weren't many planned Tuesday night games. I hope it will be the same for next season.
asl
Don't forget the savings over the premium games!
Circa 1887
I have come to the view that securing a ticket for big games is a bit of a red herring. I gave up my season ticket around 3 years ago - it coincided with a price increase that I disagreed with in principle. I have easily managed to get tickets for Everton/Spurs/Play Offs etc. It's really a simple case of attending the (usually two) games to collect the stubs that give you priority - games i'm likely to be attending anyway, and breezing in to the ticket office and out again in two minutes.
51/84
Have they confirmed match day prices stay the same?
How many premium matches ?
leohoenig
It would cost me £378 to pay for every game of the season in the paddock. (£16*23+£10 for Premium)
Actually, I have missed six, so the cost would have been £96 less (I saw all the Premium games)
Hence, my (early bird) season ticket, at £270 is marginally cheaper.
However, six is the most games I have missed in any season since we joined the league - I have an average around 21.25 home league games/season. My low number is due to the number of midweeks and the difficulty in getting to them from Manchester.
I finish the Manchester posting today, so unless the next piece of work is in Saudi Arabia, I expect to get better value from next season's ticket.
for 51/84. There has not been confirmation as yet that on the day prices will remain unchanged - I am assuming the 5 Premium games listed on our web site for 2013/4 were the full list, and that something similar will apply next season
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
taxidave wrote:
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:I make a loss on a season ticket, but to me, the security of having my own seat always reserved, including for cup-ties is why I continue to renew - stress free and bypasses queues which is worth money to me.
But you are in the enviable position of being able to throw away about £250 each season,
I know Dave, I was just commenting on my personal preferences. If I considered it poor value or a waste of money I would not purchase so I do not view it as 'throwing away'.

I got my seat the first weekend In2P season tickets went on sale and I intend to keep it until I expire - it's about more than just going to matches for me.
confused.com
Fully agree, well worth it. If only for the comfort
Reliant Robin
taxidave wrote:
TD - you perhaps should have taken the advice of a better accountant during your working life? That way you would not have found your dotage such a struggle. You can't beat good solid professional financial advice from a real expert ;)
taxidave
Reliant Robin wrote: TD - you perhaps should have taken the advice of a better accountant during your working life? That way you would not have found your dotage such a struggle. You can't beat good solid professional financial advice from a real expert ;)
I have not yet met an accountant who would advise anyone to spend £380 on a season ticket when you only intend to watch about 5 games but of course your solid professional advisors may have seen you coming.
I have never complained that my finances in my old age are a struggle, just that I, like many others, are just poor pensioners, in fact if I was to liquidise all me bank assets I could quite easily have sufficient to become a Director of the club, but even you could not recommend an accountant who would be stupid enough to advise such a transaction.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
I'd buy one if I lived in Australia Dave.

Agree though that it would not be regarded a financially prudent decision though!
Reliant Robin
taxidave wrote:
I have not yet met an accountant who would advise anyone to spend £380 on a season ticket when you only intend to watch about 5 games but of course your solid professional advisors may have seen you coming.
I have never complained that my finances in my old age are a struggle, just that I, like many others, are just poor pensioners, in fact if I was to liquidise all me bank assets I could quite easily have sufficient to become a Director of the club, but even you could not recommend an accountant who would be stupid enough to advise such a transaction.
Dave, you're a good sport, so don't take this the wrong way. I think it would be an excellent idea for you to liquidise your bank assets and get on that Board of Directors. After all, you can't take your money with you when you meet your maker, so enjoy it whilst you can. Why not pamper to the minority on this Forum and use your investments to influence all the high level decisions at our Club, on management & player recruitment ... and of course admission prices :lol:
taxidave
Reliant Robin wrote:Dave, you're a good sport, so don't take this the wrong way. I think it would be an excellent idea for you to liquidise your bank assets and get on that Board of Directors. After all, you can't take your money with you when you meet your maker, so enjoy it whilst you can. Why not pamper to the minority on this Forum and use your investments to influence all the high level decisions at our Club, on management & player recruitment ... and of course admission prices :lol:
I have an even better idea why don't you do likewise and then we could hold all our arguments over the boardroom table but perhaps you are unable match my money.
51/84
RCS surely you would be better buying a few shares that would put you at the front of the line for the next time the balls give us a big match as its unlikely we will be in any playoffs soon unless they introduce relegation ones

As for TD investing in the club and becoming a director
Someone, cannot remember who, pointed out that 2 of the directors dont hold a share between them according to the share holders register.
I think TD would bring a whole new meaning to a board meeting :lol:

PS I will hold the stakes