Is the club sustainable

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

51/84
I dont know exactly where we are on sustainability but I have been pondering it as I got caught up in a sustainability survey

I assume sustainability is about not costing more than you can afford
So lets look at a few ideas
All the spectators sit on bikes in the stand and pedal and supply power for the lights and sky TV ( only joking)

We need to increase our revenue streams ( commercial jargon for get more money in)

Theres a phone mast in the corner which I assume brings in rent
There are bars which bring in some revenue some days
Seasons does that bring in money if so how?

The academy now this is the really big one if its successful
Sell some young players every year and that covers the short falls

So there we have it the way to success is the youngsters
Horteng
I cannot wait for Paul Baker to walk away and you replace him 51/84

You really are a genius. You are wasted posting your knowledge on here ;)
rasta
Hancox pays CTFC a fee for feeding us.
Think 2 company's have rented space at Season's, and CTFC get a grant of about 29k for the academy, there are restrictions on the site because of this. [ think no alcohol is allowed to be sold on site ]
I heard Alan Brown will not be replaced, will that work?
Rooms are rented out for functions
700k from the Football League?

any others? :D
C.V
Simple really it all comes down to do people want more of the same.The board bottled it they have set out there stall and will have to live with it.They are sticking with a manager some of the fans dont want but more worryingly the players dont give a toss about and have no respect for.
Uppy
I can only assume that Hancox are bringing in a lot, as we keep them despite the complaints and don't try running it ourself.
51/84
Thank you for your vote of confidence.
As I am trying to point out that the club is not sustainable in its current format
Sure the trust could take on the club but as it is not sustainable then where does the trust get the £100K per annum to cover the annual loss
little mo
Horteng wrote:I cannot wait for Paul Baker to walk away and you replace him 51/84

You really are a genius. You are wasted posting your knowledge on here ;)
Horteng, he seems to have enough time on his hands to run the club. :roll: :roll:
Robin
We are stuck in pergatory at the moment, the decision to give Yates another year is very unpopular (see fans chanting today) and there is no hope of improvement on the horizon.
confused.com
Robin wrote:We are stuck in pergatory at the moment, the decision to give Yates another year is very unpopular (see fans chanting today) and there is no hope of improvement on the horizon.
Says the self elected voice of the people. The people being a very small group of headless FIFA 2010 chickens. Lol
This board and the people they have employed have successfully kept this club solvent and in the football league since the first day we arrived in it. It is not being 'little Cheltenham' to applaud that feat. Thankfully, the VAST MAJORITY of the fans recognise that and back the entire club. However, sadly there are others (thankfully VERY FEW) , who take every chance to sit at their keyboards and constantly criticise anyone and everyone, be it the chairman, manager or just an young player trying to make his first step up in grade.
I am looking forward to next season. Another year of supporting a great little club. Bye and large, sitting among a great bunch of people and enjoying live football at my hometown club. A club that has come a long way in very few years.
That is unless of course Robin carries thru with his offer to pay double to keep me away. So we shall see. Thanks MY, thanks BoD and thanks playing squad. Pretty sure I will be seeing you al nest year from my usual seat
P.S. If you want to pay your double at the early bird prices Robin, that is fine with me. Just let me know