Today - on the pitch

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Robin
Please no debates on the manager let's discuss the team today. In my view we were beaten by set-up tactically better but we went a long way to help them with some really poor mistakes in defence. If today is anything to go by we will have a very serious battle on our hands to stay up and for the first time ever I am genuinely concerned about our long term league status.

Roberts - a mixed debut, I kept thinking back to Scotty's debut when he was like a scared lamb but Connor seemed fairly assured, he didn't have a lot of saves to make and I would have no issues with him being number two again next year however he was massively at fault for their first goal trying to head the ball away! (6)
Jombati - one of my favourite CTFC players but he appears demotivated and made a shocking back pass for their first goal (5)
Ikekhwe - sorry not good enough for CTFC, I hope we don't sign him (5)
Elliott - can't fault the effort but needs some quality at the back along side him (6)
CBB - Needs to be shown the exit door next week however had one of his better games today, should have won us a penalty but at fault for second goal (6)
Richards - lost the ball a few times and failed to chase back however far from his worst display, only sour note was swearing at the fans (6)
Hanks - His spell at Gloucester did him good, on today I can see him getting a few games on next season (7)
McGlashan - I've been one of his biggest fans but today he was poor, good luck in league one Jermaine (5)
Kotwica - not deserving of a start, didn't do anything and doesn't look quite there yet (5)
Williams - Can't fault the work ethic but not able to really influence the game (6)
Harrison - already on the beach, held hte ball well though (6)
51/84
Ok
Connor taken completely bu surprise for the 1st
If he had managed to get hands to it - passback yellow card or deliberately stoping a goal red card
Couple of good saves but at fault for second but not helped by defence
Sido started well until the og
Ikekwe would take as a pool player not 1st choice CB.
Steve hasnt got 46 games
CBB poor positioning etc not good enough but you tried
Richards MOM your having a laugh 46 matches your having a laugh. Make him captain and punt him before Christmas
ZAck ok but needs to kick on
Williams game passed him by
Hanks good but tired especially after the collison
McGlashan scared to get hurt
Byron drifted out of game until Cureton came on
Noble must be better out there
Ash another cameo - too many fouls - would be OK if wining but we werent
Robin
Roberts could not be carded for saving that 51/84 let alone a red. If he saved the worse case scenario is a back pass and they get a free kick.

By the way also credit to Cureton who was one of our best players when he came on.
Uppy
If I was Yates then the first thing that I'd do on Monday would be offer Sido a new deal. He has looked a much better player since Christmas. We're not going to find a better right back out of contract in the summer.
thebow
Robin, "only sour note was swearing at the fans". Under no circumstance is that acceptable. Same with yates swearing at fans last season. Bye bye richards. If you cant handle a few people critising you I might suggest footballer is not the job for you
baggy89
Thought Williams had a few nice touches and looked the most likely to make it out of the three.

Presumably Roberts could have saved it using his hands just not pick it up.

Did Richards definitely stick his finger up, I thought he did but my mate said it looked like a thumb.
art vandalay
Roberts could have used his hands but would have conceded an indirect free-kick. Really basic error on his part to have tried a diving header. Second goal didn't look too good either but I'd need to see it again. Not the kind of debut you'd hope for after waiting 2 years.