The two players

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Robin
Surprised this has not been talked about especially with three notable exclusions from the squad yesterday! If Troy Brown was one, would you transfer list him or just leave it at a fine?
Cinderford robin
Troy was injured. Sam deering and Jason Taylor? ?
Si Robin
Heard before the game that at 2ish Taylor and Deering were allegedly in Apres. I know for a fact that for the start of the second half they were in the main stand as they were sat behind me, but they weren't there for the entirety of the 1st half.
Jebolani
I spoke to Troy pre-game and he said he had a knock but it was nothing major. I do hope we find out who they are though.
Uppy
I would be stunned if it was Troy. You can see how much it means to him.
asl
To be fair, I'd be surprised if it was Deering. He never seems short of effort on the pitch - ability, maybe, but I can't see him not trying.
art vandalay
The accusation was never that the players in question weren't trying during games. It was simply that they admitted not trying during one particular training session.
CTFC03
To not try in training is still not good enough. Deep down in the games certain players have not been trying and they know who they are.
51/84
one of the prem managers probably the portugese one had a pop at player(s) not trying on match day and in training
If it was a one of I doubt that Scotty would have reacted
They have been defended by Yates but does that men that they owe him one

Not trying is symptomatic and that was what Scotty felt

Not good enough get them out

Giving 95% is not good enough unless when playing at 80% you get MOM.
Never going to get injured sticking a foot in or a head. Never going to go in for a 50/50 ball
Not good enough

Take richards ( who is not one of the rochdale 2 or so it has been said) you would automatically have him in the frame as he fits the description above
End of season report card for Richards must try harder, with endevour and the skills you have you can become a decent player. Must try harder
thetonga
I'd be massively surprised if both were here next season.
51/84
so who were they then tonga?
thetonga
I'm sure you'll find out soon enough
51/84
another words you havent a clue
to many rumours based on little truth this season
Robin
I have been told on a few occasions now that it's not Taylor - other than that I do not know who it is.
Ralph
thetonga wrote:I'm sure you'll find out soon enough
ooooh you little devil you...

:lol: :roll:
thetonga
I don't want to be 'that guy' but I do know, yet I will gracefully decline airing it on a public forum to strangers that I don't know. It's not my job to report these things, there are individuals both internally and externally who get paid to do that.
51/84
so how can you be sure its not someone just lifting your leg
JP claims its Richards Robin claims its not Taylor we know its not Scotty so that doesnt leave many does it.
Feel free to pm me but as its all swept under the carpet its going to be a cloud hanging overyone else until someone mans up and says it was me gov
thetonga
I'm not getting into a case of who knows who, I'm reliably informed of who it was. You don't have to believe me or who I've heard from, it makes no difference to me. Out of decency and respect I won't be stating who on here or private messaging you as I don't know you personally, without meaning to cause offence. That is the clubs responsibility.

I'm sure the club are following procedure and would imagine they will release the information as and when they feel necessary. If they were no longer employees of the club then it changes the secretive nature and all I'd say is that I'd be surprised if both of them were Cheltenham players at the first game of next season. Richards and Taylor being eliminated by others would align with what I've heard.
Robin
So most likely suspect Vincent, Deering then.
Andy
I wouldn't think it was Vincent as he played yesterday. After it was made public I doubt the two featured yesterday in the squad.
Rick
Andy wrote:I wouldn't think it was Vincent as he played yesterday. After it was made public I doubt the two featured yesterday in the squad.
Not Vincent, He's Scotty's Chum.
Ralph
thetonga wrote:I'm not getting into a case of who knows who, I'm reliably informed of who it was. You don't have to believe me or who I've heard from, it makes no difference to me. Out of decency and respect I won't be stating who on here or private messaging you as I don't know you personally, without meaning to cause offence. That is the clubs responsibility.

so why bother to even mention it to start with if you weren't looking for attention?
CheltRobin
I just hope PB does what he says he would do and name them - the fans deserve to know.

Can't believe the club are taking no further action, PB/MY both said they weren't going to brush it under the carpet - yet that looks like exactly what is going to happen!
thetonga
Ralph wrote:
thetonga wrote:I'm not getting into a case of who knows who, I'm reliably informed of who it was. You don't have to believe me or who I've heard from, it makes no difference to me. Out of decency and respect I won't be stating who on here or private messaging you as I don't know you personally, without meaning to cause offence. That is the clubs responsibility.

so why bother to even mention it to start with if you weren't looking for attention?
I wasn't looking for attention, just stating that I very much doubt one or possibly both of them will be here next season after it was questioned whether it was a transfer listable offence.
asl
Transfer list? So someone on a contract. That narrows it down!
Uppy
Gornell didn't come on. Conspiracy!
jaggy
I was reading through the various posts and spotted the video by our leader, who said it was usual for the picked team v non picked team not to try so hard on a Friday. That implies that the two players in question were in the selected team on the Friday morning
Hanks was recalled on Friday morning. Who did he replace, the other player played listen to Scottys comments

This is a case for Sherlock Holmes or the club say we spoke to .........and ........... and it was all a misunderstanding and has been dealt with
Taz1985
Announced as Mcglashan and braham-barratt
CheltRobin
Well, I know what those players can do - CBB was a c*** LB anyway and McG has been on the beach for tne last month or so.

Glad the club stuck to there word about naming the pair.
Uppy
Apologies to anybody who I suggested may have been not trying.
51/84
but were they
Also when I read the article I thought it was the Echo and not the club that named names
thetonga
They are the two I heard so I'd be surprised if it was a cover up.
51/84
Of course it was
and I heard that you are a twit
thetonga
Calm down fella, don't throw those toys outta the pram because I knew something a week in advance of you. You must lead a very fulfilling life if something like that means so much to you.
mattyboi
thetonga wrote:They are the two I heard so I'd be surprised if it was a cover up.
Yeah i heard it was them aswell. i couldn't say beforehand either, but only wished i had bragged about it like you did!