McGlashan and CBB

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Circa 1887
Nesty wrote:how many more times !!! the incident was at training ffs - nothing to do with league matches !!
The incident might have taken place in training, but if the players are in that mentality it is almost certainly going to translate, in some form, to match day performances. If preparation isn't 100%, performance won't be either.

No need to get all dramatic either, wind it in.
51/84
perhaps they had been on the p!## the night before, or the kids had kept them up or FIFA2014
baggy89
I wouldn't say it's particularly unheard of for players to "not try" during last few weeks of their contract as they are worried about picking up an injury while "trying", and becoming less marketable. I seem to remember Sone Aluko doing this for about a season and a half while at Pittodrie. On Saturday in the second half there was a point where McGlashan had broken free and was being run down by the Dagenham fullback and instead of trying to out accelerate him and possibly taking a clip from behind Jermaine stopped and looked for an outlet.

Perhaps if the training session was intended as a full blooded practice it is not surprising that McGlashan felt unwilling to risk getting clattered. While it reflects poorly on him as a human being and suggests he possibly doesn't have that win at all costs mentality that TOP sportsmen and women do, it is not the end of the world. We and the management know he can do it when needed and is rarely lacking in the application during a game. In fact I would suggest this particular personality defect is the reason Jermaine is playing for a club such as ours rather than one vying higher up the leagues.

CBB is a different kettle of fish altogether. This is limited player who should be doing his utmost to remain a league player. He should be first at training, last to leave and putting in 100% effort into everything in between.
Robin
I feel Jermaine has suffered with coaching this last season where as once he would get the ball down and take on his full back now he is more often than not looking to pass the ball off.
taxidave
Robin wrote:I feel Jermaine has suffered with coaching this last season where as once he would get the ball down and take on his full back now he is more often than not looking to pass the ball off.
I feel that Kotwica has suffered the same problem, everyone was impressed with him in pre season friendlies because he was taking on defenders and skinning them, now he just seems to want to get rid of the ball as quickly as possible.
Reliant Robin
Nesty wrote:
Jebolani - thank you for putting it into perspective. It has been blown out of proportion frankly, at first when the story broke with Scotties interview the situation did look bad, but the more we hear it was a one-off comment during a training session - and was not related to a league match.
I get bollocked for saying Im not going to attend matches if Yates signs a new deal, now people are saying they arent renewing season tickets if these two stay, I now view my comments as OTT and contemptible.
I applaud your comment Nesty. Well said. It takes a real man and a true fan to make a statement like that.

Well said Jebolani, too.
Rick
Reliant Robin wrote:
Nesty wrote:
Jebolani - thank you for putting it into perspective. It has been blown out of proportion frankly, at first when the story broke with Scotties interview the situation did look bad, but the more we hear it was a one-off comment during a training session - and was not related to a league match.
I get bollocked for saying Im not going to attend matches if Yates signs a new deal, now people are saying they arent renewing season tickets if these two stay, I now view my comments as OTT and contemptible.
I applaud your comment Nesty. Well said. It takes a real man and a true fan to make a statement like that.

Well said Jebolani, too.
Yes I have to agree. Well said Nesty
confused.com
taxidave wrote:
Robin wrote:I feel Jermaine has suffered with coaching this last season where as once he would get the ball down and take on his full back now he is more often than not looking to pass the ball off.
I feel that Kotwica has suffered the same problem, everyone was impressed with him in pre season friendlies because he was taking on defenders and skinning them, now he just seems to want to get rid of the ball as quickly as possible.
Perhaps being coached not to be a one trick pony ? Take on men, feed inside, drop deep to create space behind their back 4 etc ?
baggy89
I wonder what percentage of McGlashan's assists are from hitting the byline and playing a diagonal ball back across the 6 yard box??