Shaun North to start July 1st

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

RegencyCheltenhamSpa
http://www.gloucestershireecho.co.uk/VI ... story.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Uppy
Don't know much about him, but I'm glad we looked outwith the network of former players.
jaggy
So welcome Shaun
I hope you can deliver

It is not exactly a vote of confidence in the future of the club when all the management staff are on 1yr contracts
Sure it means if it requires changes it is not so expensive but what message does it send to players and fans

My take on this is that the club ( the board) dont know where they are going so are doing the minimum
No risk taking, I hope that it works out

Now I know I will be labelled a whinger and negative but I would suggest its more disappointment that we are not willing to show confidence

I think if the board think they have it right the need to back it
CheltRobin
So, 4-3-3 it is this coming season. 2 decent wingers/crossers needed for that system.
CheltRobin
I think it just shows how tight the finances are at the club and that we have to maximise the playing budget from what we have.
51/84
You may be right
It seems the sponsors are not lining up, but then neither are season tickets purchases.

So we are going to have to punch above our weight to do anything.

So how long until we cash Byron in
So the defeat at Tamworth has had a bigger impact than at first thought
The playing budget is less but surely we have got rid of a few earners on and off the pitch

So lets be positive and do what we are best at win when we are the underdog
stay under the radar
CheltRobin
Amen to that!
Darren Angels budgie
Funny how Jaggy starts his post with 'so'. Then 51/84 starts most of his sentences with 'so'.

Perhaps they went to the same school.
vcinthestand
Funny its funny how you start with funny and then the next sentence starts with perhaps
Perhaps plagiarism is alive and well

I often wonder why people get pissed off posting on here.
Funny that
Perhaps its people picking on them
So they stop posting

Meanwhile back at WR ( has anyone used meanwhile yet?or a bracket ?) we are seeing the board start to interact with the fans
First there was the focus group and now we are given the chance to feed back ( see what I did) on food

Perhaps ( can I use perhaps again) the club should try a food tasting panel at the BBQ
51/84
DAB I refer you to http://www.robinsnestforum.co.uk/viewto ... =2&t=16663" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;, 2 posts so there
so does that prove anything

Your views on the topic would be appreciated rather than petty point scoring on styles or use of language
I know its boring but as we approach the new season we could start discussing football and CTFC again

Perhaps that comes as a shock on a football site

So have the club got it right ?
ghandi
Unusual that baker in todays echo has to make statements on coaches,players,formations etc.I thought thats what chairman employed managers to do.He seems to be covering every angle so that yatesy has less chance of fecking up again.I,m glad to hear that the dopey diamond has been dropped,but how can you say we'll be playing 4/3/3,when you don,t know whether the right players will turn up to play that system.Baker has,nt took all the decision making away from yatesy,he's allowed to choose the teabags for the training ground,as long as there on offer!
joes dad
51/84 wrote:You may be right
It seems the sponsors are not lining up, but then neither are season tickets purchases.

SO WE ARE GOING TO HAVE TO PUNCH ABOVE OUR WEIGHT TO DO ANYTHING.

So how long until we cash Byron in
So the defeat at Tamworth has had a bigger impact than at first thought
The playing budget is less but surely we have got rid of a few earners on and off the pitch

So lets be positive and do what we are best at win when we are the underdog
stay under the radar
We do most seasons,nothing new .
Si Robin
confused.com
ghandi wrote:Unusual that baker in todays echo has to make statements on coaches,players,formations etc.I thought thats what chairman employed managers to do.He seems to be covering every angle so that yatesy has less chance of fecking up again.I,m glad to hear that the dopey diamond has been dropped,but how can you say we'll be playing 4/3/3,when you don,t know whether the right players will turn up to play that system.Baker has,nt took all the decision making away from yatesy,he's allowed to choose the teabags for the training ground,as long as there on offer!
Fortunately one thing we can be sure of, is your post on any and every topic. Today's challenge for you....... prove a link between the situation in Iraq and MY. You should have no problem at all
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
confused.com wrote:
ghandi wrote:Unusual that baker in todays echo has to make statements on coaches,players,formations etc.I thought thats what chairman employed managers to do.He seems to be covering every angle so that yatesy has less chance of fecking up again.I,m glad to hear that the dopey diamond has been dropped,but how can you say we'll be playing 4/3/3,when you don,t know whether the right players will turn up to play that system.Baker has,nt took all the decision making away from yatesy,he's allowed to choose the teabags for the training ground,as long as there on offer!
Fortunately one thing we can be sure of, is your post on any and every topic. Today's challenge for you....... prove a link between the situation in Iraq and MY. You should have no problem at all
Yates tactics work great when the weather is sunni but we get out-battled when it's shi'ite
Reliant Robin
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:
confused.com wrote:
ghandi wrote:
Yates tactics work great when the weather is sunni but we get out-battled when it's shi'ite
It just means the Team muslim'ber up before each game. It's the only way they will turn a prophet at the end of the season.
asl
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:Yates tactics work great when the weather is sunni but we get out-battled when it's shi'ite
In fairness, that one does deserve a round of applause... :lol:
Malabus
asl wrote:
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:Yates tactics work great when the weather is sunni but we get out-battled when it's shi'ite
In fairness, that one does deserve a round of applause... :lol:
Thought it was rather offensive and I recommended the thread to be closed. I don't like the way the thread is going.
everyman
i hope he can organize a 5 a-side session ?
ghandi
I don't give a Saddam,like Iraq,yatesy management last season went tits up!