Whaddney & players in Regent Arcade

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

RegencyCheltenhamSpa
This weekend

http://www.ctfc.com/news/article/robins ... 16391.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Robin
I am not knocking this event but does anyone else feel we don't make the right level of head way with these sorts of ventures. I mean is there not a better approach to doing this such as free tickets to schools and simply give hundreds away each match to schools all around North Gloucestershire/South Worcestershire.

Likewise I feel we are placing far too much emphasis only on children how about deals with businesses to buy tickets and have reduced beer, engage some of the big businesses this way and eventual sponsorship deals may arise.

Like I say I am not criticising just offering an alternative angle on how we could go about this.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
All good ideas Robin. Like you say, just needs more visible impact across the board (I don't know what work is done behind the scenes but I imagine a fair amount).

No harm in running these type of events though
Neil
Stay out of Gloucester.
C.V
Very good idea Robin
taxidave
Neil wrote:Stay out of Gloucester.
I think it would be a good idea if we started tapping up the support there must be in a city that size , after all there isn't a professional team playing in the city at the moment so let's get in there and bring the football fans over here before they get a club back playing in the city.
Laurence
Just like Gloucester City.
Robin
The reality is Neil we need to do more in gloucester to expand our fan base there, same applies to the Forest if Dean and Vale of Evesham.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Robin wrote:
The reality is Neil we need to do more in gloucester to expand our fan base there, same applies to the Forest if Dean and Vale of Evesham.
No reason why after a few good years of expanding the fanbase everyone growing up in Gloucester and other towns in Gloucestershire, Herefordshire and Worcestershire would be Cheltenham Town FC fans.

Then they'd support their home town non-league sides as a secondary team - I am sure most Frome Town supporters are Yeovil fans as well for example so no reason why Gloucester or Malvern fans etc cannot support Cheltenham.
Reliant Robin
I went along to meet the Players (Matt Richards, Troy Brown & Harry Williams) in the Regent Arcade. There was a lot of interest from passing shoppers which was good to see. I had a chat with them and they are really looking forward to the new season. Matt Richards in particular was a really top lad, very chatty, very honest, spoke about how important it is for the squad to gel with each other and he said the new group of Players are a really decent bunch of lads. They are very proud to represent the Town.

Some fans have expressed a view that it hasn't been easy to get close with the Players in recent seasons; well - they have definitely put this right, it is now up to the fans themselves & I thoroughly recommend everyone takes the opportunity on Saturday 19th July to get along to Seasons and get to know the lads, they really are up for it, top lads, very nice guys indeed.
CTFC03
Good to hear RR but obviously now they need to do it on the pitch!
Reliant Robin
CTFC03 wrote:Good to hear RR but obviously now they need to do it on the pitch!
I'm sure they will CTFC03, with the Fans right behind them. I believe there was a feeling of detachment between Fans and Players at Whaddon Road especially last season, & because some home Fans were quick to show frustrations, this probably affected Player confidence at times. Home fans can make such a difference to a home side's performance especially when they are chanting players names & out-singing the opposition. It's important that is put right at Whaddon Road again. The Wymans being back on the Terrace (Paddock) getting the singing going again will certainly help.
Joey
Reliant Robin wrote:I went along to meet the Players (Matt Richards, Troy Brown & Harry Williams) in the Regent Arcade. There was a lot of interest from passing shoppers which was good to see. I had a chat with them and they are really looking forward to the new season. Matt Richards in particular was a really top lad, very chatty, very honest, spoke about how important it is for the squad to gel with each other and he said the new group of Players are a really decent bunch of lads. They are very proud to represent the Town.

Some fans have expressed a view that it hasn't been easy to get close with the Players in recent seasons; well - they have definitely put this right, it is now up to the fans themselves & I thoroughly recommend everyone takes the opportunity on Saturday 19th July to get along to Seasons and get to know the lads, they really are up for it, top lads, very nice guys indeed.
Good to hear.
everyman
Laurence wrote:
Just like Gloucester City.
He,He,He !!!
Malabus
The truth is you are either a egg chaser or a proud Ruby as a Gloucester citizen. No-one cares about the tiggers on the poorer side of the valley.