Better..

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

CTFC03
http://www.ctfc.com/news/article/wycomb ... 59963.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Shame I'm working!
confused.com
Do they not realise that £6 is not enough of a deduction ??!!! Will they ever listen
eeneff
And the benefit to season ticket holders is...?
confused.com
eeneff wrote:And the benefit to season ticket holders is...?
EXACTLY :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I refuse to pay anything but the full price
Shade
Come on all you stay aways, you've been moaning about the quality not matching the price - well it will for this game so get down there if you've not got any important plans and help the club not lose £2k from "listening to the supporters".
confused.com
Shade wrote:Come on all you stay aways, you've been moaning about the quality not matching the price - well it will for this game so get down there if you've not got any important plans and help the club not lose £2k from "listening to the supporters".
and don't forget all their friends who would come if it was not for the price
CTFC03
This is a really good move by the club so I hope it works for them. Could get a bigger turnout with Wycombe flying high at the top.
Cinderford robin
Well done paul baker, will be good to see a good crowd.
I-Love-CTFC
Wycombe will bring a good crowd. I'm not sure the price decrease will have a big impact on the number of home fans especially after Saturday's game and potentially being knocked out of the FA Cup by then.
London Exile
You just know that some of the sky soccer Saturday football following Gloucestershire branch will say "£10 is too expensive or L2 football"
Malabus
There is NO benefit what so ever for the loyal ST holders and we still got to pay for inflated prices on Saturday.
Shade
I couldn't give a rats ass about a 1 off game being cheaper for terracing and nothing coming off my ST if it means people get off their ass and watch the match and stop knocking the club we presumably all love for a while. I look at it like the club is willing to potentially make £2000 less than normal in order to appease its fans and floating supporters who don't seem to realise that that a reduction in ticket prices will likely mean that the loss profit has to be found elsewhere to fund a few of the players wages.
However, as much as I doubt it will, if the reduction in price brings in a swell of extra fans and we end up taking roughly what we would normally take, or more, in gate receipts then I'm more than happy to have paid more and be helping the club further. If it were to be a long term thing though, I might change my tune!
horlickfanclub
The threat of a loss is ridiculous.There could be more lost if gates don't increase for the season but equally if we had not signed some of our underused players we could have saved £2000 easily.It is all swings and roundabouts .If we beat Swindon we could have a christmas dinner free for us standsitters with a cracker thrown in on the prize money .
Robin
I really hope to see an improved home turnout despite their good start Wycombe never bring many so I'd be surprised to see more than about 400 away fans, would be nice if we got 3000+ home fans considering that used to be a given for many years.
kags
This is a good move from the Club to alleviate the pain of the ticket prices for the Swindon game for some. However as above, ST holders see no benefit and we are still charging our loyal supporters a premium for the FA Cup game.
CTFC_Forever
Think baker has tried to make good, but it is difficult to please everyone.

He needs to remember though that the season ticket holders should come first over and above the people that pay on the gate. But attracting new people in and keeping the ST holders happy is a difficult balancing act.
theidlerich
Good move by the club. Just hope this will attract more 'floaters' to the game. If the squad is in a 100% effort mood and we win by a couple of goals or more it may help subsequent gate revenue.
art vandalay
It only has a chance of working if the club is also planning some marketing to attract people who otherwise wouldn't go.
51/84
Totally agree Art

This needs to be broadcast on the media , printed in the papers
and on all the social media
There need to be people phoning 606 etc

This needs ramping up
cheltsaxon
Exactly my thinking art_vandalay its no good doing it and nobody knowing the club don't help themselves atall with the marketing they think a little square on the back of the echo is going to help. Just seen on twitter Corby town advertising their xmas club shop already all the training gear and its Nike, I go on ours no training kit etc etc
Malabus
art vandalay wrote:It only has a chance of working if the club is also planning some marketing to attract people who otherwise wouldn't go.
Agree.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
As an ST holder I have no expectation of a cup game being cheap, and also know full well it may be a Category A home game, or an away game somewhere more expensive or hard to get to.

I have already got my Wycombe ticket. Money paid off and written off. So Swindon and Wycombe would cost me £22 for two games to sit. For someone standing at both with no ST it would be £28, or £42 to sit. So still a good deal for ST holders.

Plus, the Swindon tie is the biggest game of the season and if we lose there may be none bigger, so I have no complaints with it being a Category A game.

My only gripe is why not make a bit of the old stand cheaper too for Wycombe? Some people who cannot afford games at full price might not be able to stand for 90 minutes so can't choose to take up the offer and they lose out.
leohoenig
You need to be very contrary in order not to believe this is a good thing. The fact that one is a season ticket is not supposed to mean the club should not make offers to try and attract greater crowds. The quoted cost to the club of £2000 is equal means they normally expect around 400 paying customers at full adult, pensioner or disabled prices, (students and under 18 already pay just £5). VAT accounts for the other £1 of the differential. This means (again allowing for VAT) that we would need to attract an additional 240 customers to offset the loss, (more when those at the £5 rate are considered).
This may not be achieved in a single game, but if more of the pay on the day customers consider the three match total (Swindon, Wycombe and Oxford) drops from £52 to £46 - less than the standard costs without Premium, so hopefully fewer will be dissuaded from coming to other games.

Of course, this concession means nothing to those that sit, and the requirement to keep prices constant between away areas and the Thompson & Banks stands means that we cannot discount these without losing a significant revenue from Wycombe support. I hope there will be a discount for seating at a future game - and I think the Morecambe game in January is the next obvious choice for change.

I would like to think that the discount is a reaction by the club to low crowds, but pushed by the pressures from the trust, the echo poll and even this board.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Top analysis Leo and thanks to the Trust involvement.

I am coming to the Wycombe game so will happily try and help the Trust capitalise on the hopefully bigger crowd to sell raffle tickets or hand out flyers.

Shame they didn't make it £9. Then everyone who paid with a tenner would have a pound in their hand as they enter the turnstiles ready for raffle tickets!
London Exile
However the decision came about I think it's a great move and well done to the Trust for taking it to the club.
Like others have said, lets get Swindon out the way and market this game like crazy. Who knows, if we pull off the unthinkable against Swindon and get a result, then that will act as positive PR straight away.
51/84
cam I just point out that all these extra ( returning ) fans need to see a win preferably by 2 or 3 goals to encourage them back
To see a turgid or c!#p performance will not work in bringing them back
What has the board done to ensure we win and win well?
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
51/84 wrote:cam I just point out that all these extra ( returning ) fans need to see a win preferably by 2 or 3 goals to encourage them back
They asked Saun O'Driscoll if he had two million spare to fund new players. He didn't.
Benctfc
Would have prefered the club to just keep Swindon tickets normal price or reduce slightly say £13 to stand up as that would benefit season ticket holders. With the support Swindon will bring that could of been 4,500+ crowd and have a real cup atmosphere.
However it is still good to see that the club are trying to attract fans and are doing these offers. But as others have said it is essential we advertise this offer so Papers, Radio Adverts, Hand out flyers. If there is no marketing of it then it wont make a massive difference to the crowd.
leohoenig
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:Top analysis Leo and thanks to the Trust involvement.

I am coming to the Wycombe game so will happily try and help the Trust capitalise on the hopefully bigger crowd to sell raffle tickets or hand out flyers.

Shame they didn't make it £9. Then everyone who paid with a tenner would have a pound in their hand as they enter the turnstiles ready for raffle tickets!
This is a generous offer, which we will take advantage of. If anyone else would like to offer their services even on an occasional basis, it is welcome. As I pointed out in another thread, one of the reasons the raffle take was higher on Saturday last was we had more ticket sellers!
Alf
51/84 wrote:cam I just point out that all these extra ( returning ) fans need to see a win preferably by 2 or 3 goals to encourage them back
I think this is a valid point. People I know who have stopped coming to games have not done so for financial reasons and I think it will take more than knocking £6 off a ticket to get them back. After saying this, I really hope it is just the flimsy supporters I know and that we get a decent crowd through the gates.
By the time the Wycombe game comes round, if we can beat Swindon, we will know if we have a good home draw in the next round or not. Would it make sense for the club to say that stub holders from the Wycombe game (maybe the Swindon game as well, although its getting a bit late for that now) will get some priority for purchasing tickets for the Cup? That, coupled with the discount, may help the Wycombe gate.
confused.com
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:Top analysis Leo and thanks to the Trust involvement.

I am hoping beyond hope that this is a master stroke by PB to shut up the constant moaners and complainers on here !! OK, so you go on about prices and value for money and how it drives the gates down. Tell You what, we will lower the prices, sit back and wait for the masses to flood thru the gates.
If it doesn't happen, then don't let me hear another complaint on the prices front !!!
Have no fear, the "it wasn't advertised well enough" brigade are already getting their trenches in place. I see it similar to Gloucester Rugby advertising a drop in prices, I have no interest in Gloucester Rugby, so wouldn't even read the advert. I wouldn't be linked to them via any social media, so wouldn't hear about it that way. Even if I did see the drop in price, I would be of the view that even if it was free I wouldn't go.

Once again, master stroke PB - I Love it :D
51/84
Very true confused , so the fact that the rugger club made £500K profit last season when they were reportedly poor tells us no point in playing football in Gloucestershire. So no point in advertising it
Out of 5 regulars who attend 4 are not gloucestershire born so they have no interest in rugger there in lies the answer. Gloucestershire is not soccer country end off
Robin
I really find that statement strange 51/84, I hardly know anyone who prefers rugby over football, the very few people I know who go to Gloucester all support Prem football teams and watch that on TV. Go down a park and how often do you see rugby played in comparison to football?
51/84
Why do all the schools have rugby teams if its not a rugby county.
Up North its soccer or football or footie none of this rugger nonsense , that was only for the posh and well off.
No heavy industry which would have brought the soccer people in
Robin
When I was at school we played football every year, only rugby one year (same as tennis, hockey), have things really changed? They don't play rugby and my childrens school either.

Clearly some schools have rugby teams - (perhaps the more well off ones?), but I still cannot believe it's a more popular sport than football.