Did my eyes deceive me ?

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

solihullkev
I think after the fourth goal Steve seemed to lift his shirt up in from of the Swindon fans and show his chest / belly - in response I suspect to "you fat b......." chants. Nice touch ! Led to a bit of verbals from a Swindon player towards Steve, which realistically was only going to have one winner.

Quite a bit of edge throughout the game.

Marvellous day.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Always a bit of an edge with Swindon. This is why it was a big game and a delight to put them to the sword.
Shade
Stevie was absolutely loving it yesterday. The fist pumps to the fans at the final whistle showed how much it meant. Swindon players were obviously as narky as their fans and tried to start on him a couple of times - first time because their keeper fell over him, even though Stevie apologised.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Just a shame his effort didn't go in.
solihullkev
Swindon's youngsters did seem a rather melodramatic lot. In addition to the camp exit of Thompson, the flailing arms and expressions of disbelief whenever the ref blowed up against them was frankly pathetic.
Robin
It was a derby no matter how much Mark Halliwell will try to convince others it's not.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Robin wrote:It was a derby no matter how much Mark Halliwell will try to convince others it's not.
He tried to convince what??? Of course it's a derby match!

31 miles.

Closer than Hereford, much closer than Rovers. Only Worcester is closer in terms of non-Gloucestershire sides.
Robin
Mark Halliwell was still suggesting it wasn't a derby, of course it is albeit both team have more fierce ones.
Malabus
Regarding battling for territory (Cirencester area) it's a definite rivalry.
51/84
Trevor seemed to give the hazelwood a bit of banter before we scored the first of 5
Artemis
Malabus wrote:Regarding battling for territory (Cirencester area) it's a definite rivalry.
I think the Swindon supporters in the area saw us in the same way we might view Forest Green Rovers, as a little brother whom they wish to do well - but not a rival....however, I suspect Saturday changed that. Looking forward to a trip to the Bees Knees in my red and white stripes next weekend...as well as my copy of the Swindon Advertiser tonight :-)

Pleasingly, there are an increasing number of CTFC shirts in Cirencester. My lad was in his Ruby shirt on Saturday, and wished well on Cricklade Street by a fellow CTFCer.
Malabus
Artemis wrote:Pleasingly, there are an increasing number of CTFC shirts in Cirencester. My lad was in his Ruby shirt on Saturday, and wished well on Cricklade Street by a fellow CTFCer.
Very pleasing. This is what we need more of in that area.
horlickfanclub
Great response by Steve who was outstanding .