Biblical rain.

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

paperboy
....forecast Saturday a.m. so we won't need to use the sprinklers before the match..or will we?
First of three games in four days on the hallowed turf I think with Glos at home on Sunday and then us hosting Everton on Tuesday.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Shame we can't move the Everton tinpot match to Seasons.
Malabus
First test for the pitch as Gloucester are on it on Sunday. Don't expect the pitch to be a supreme playing service on Monday.
paperboy
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:Shame we can't move the Everton tinpot match to Seasons.
...and throw away several thousand pounds- I don't think so.

Just looked on the club website to see how much tickets are for the Everton game and there is no mention of it.
...but the pricing section does have a sub title mentioning 2015/16 National League prices--maybe they're ahead of thenselves and it should say the 2017/18 season. :)
kora
At £5 and £3 I don't think there will be many thousands in our account on Wednesday; I doubt if the FL in all their "wisdom" would allow the transfer to seasons which would show what a mickey mouse tinpot competition this is.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
kora wrote:At £5 and £3 I don't think there will be many thousands in our account on Wednesday; I doubt if the FL in all their "wisdom" would allow the transfer to seasons which would show what a mickey mouse tinpot competition this is.
Yes true, as Everton have to play the games at Goodison rather than their usual reserve/U21 venue.
Shade
Less than a thousand fans at a maximum of £5 each...
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Shade wrote:Less than a thousand fans at a maximum of £5 each...
Worst thing is the rules that the lower league sides have to play a certain amount of first team players and the nonsense around Storer being banned for the game without it counting to his ban.
dedwardp
paperboy wrote:
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:Shame we can't move the Everton tinpot match to Seasons.
...and throw away several thousand pounds- I don't think so.

Just looked on the club website to see how much tickets are for the Everton game and there is no mention of it.
...but the pricing section does have a sub title mentioning 2015/16 National League prices--maybe they're ahead of thenselves and it should say the 2017/18 season. :)
http://www.ctfc.com/news/article/2016-1 ... 29782.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

This story was posted a couple of days ago.